Was wondering...

BertG4

Hey cruisers... Am scheduled to sail with MSC on 10/28 and paid their $198 deposit... Now a work convention has been announced for that weekend... Will MSC allow us to transfer that deposit to a cruise couple weeks later? :halo:

It is my understanding you can receive a full refund if you cancel 90 or more days from your cruise date. Not sure if MSC has any special value rates which could impact the deposit

Assuming the poster booked through MSC USA. It was discussed previously that in other parts of the world like the UK and Australia their deposits are non refundable.

Assuming the poster booked through MSC USA. It was discussed previously that in other parts of the world like the UK and Australia their deposits are non refundable.

Thanks for that clarification..... So confusing with MSC having a different set of rules and cruise offers for different areas of world, Carnival has Carnival -Australia....Why can't MSC have MSC US for the carribean cruises and MSC Europe for their other area cruises?? Then everyone is offered the same....Just currency exchange issues. Sounds too logical... so it will never happen!!

Hey cruisers... Am scheduled to sail with MSC on 10/28 and paid their $198 deposit... Now a work convention has been announced for that weekend... Will MSC allow us to transfer that deposit to a cruise couple weeks later? :halo:

Yes you can.

I think it may depend on whether they booked under a promo that had a non-refundable deposit? I remember when booking the Divina last year they had a reduced deposit promo - that deposit wasn't refundable if the booking was cancelled, and it couldn't be moved.

Thanks for that clarification..... So confusing with MSC having a different set of rules and cruise offers for different areas of world, Carnival has Carnival -Australia....Why can't MSC have MSC US for the carribean cruises and MSC Europe for their other area cruises?? Then everyone is offered the same....Just currency exchange issues. Sounds too logical... so it will never happen!!

I think that most lines have different rules depending on where the cruise is booked from. I know for sure that NCL has different rules if the cruise is booked in the US or for example Europe.

It's not about where the cruise is but where it's booked.