Oceana - Mini-suites / Suites on the stern

ScotchBoy

We are considering booking a mini-suite or suite (first time!!) on Oceana. Can anyone make any recommendations as to which to choose? We love the stern of a ship, as we enjoy sitting and chewing the fat whilst watching the wake.

We have booked a side mini suite on Oceana for October purely because we didbt have any choice of position. No problem with the cabin size and layout but the side balconies are a bit small for my liking. Length is ok but narrow across. Really just 2 ordinary balcony cabins sise by side. Don't know about Oceana suites sorry.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

We are considering booking a mini-suite or suite (first time!!) on Oceana. Can anyone make any recommendations as to which to choose? We love the stern of a ship, as we enjoy sitting and chewing the fat whilst watching the wake.

The stern mini suites are huge with very large balconies. The only drawback for some is the lack of a stand alone showers. The actual cabins are bigger than full suites on some ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in Orontes Suite (D753) over the New Year and loved the Suite.

It is very large and well laid out.

There is a separate shower cubicle (behind the bath)

We haven't been in a mini-suite on any P&O Ships except Arcadia - which was also large but was one big room, whereas Orontes on Oceana was very much partitioned off into separate rooms/area.

We had a suite on C deck and it's true the balcony is really large. I was able to check out the mini-suite next door and was surprised that it was as large as the suite. Although it did not have a divider between the bedroom and the sitting area. The balcony of course was not as large as the suite but larger than the balcony cabins I would say. Unless you particularly want a butler the mini suite is probably better value especially if there is a big difference in price. That probably depends on the length of the cruise.