Las Caletas tour

lbfluffy

We have done this tour many times. It always has to be booked through the ship. Well I decided to see if I could try to book on my own. The rep from Vallarta Adventures said they could do it for $138 pp. I told her Princess offers it for $99pp. She said their tour is longer and that is the reason for the difference.

Anyone go this route instead of booking through the cruise?

We have vacationed in Vallarta for decades and have direct booked Las Caletas about a dozen times. There was a time when the cruise line booking was more expensive than direct booking but not now. Direct booking offers dicount opportunities cruisers don't get and these help even out the price a little.

Princess says it's 6.5 hours where VA says it's 7 hours. I'm not sure what the extra half hour and $40 USDs gets you. We have sat side-by-side on the same boat with cruise passengers and there is no difference in the experience.

This my sound crazy but the MR route has so much to do ashore that less than 30% of passengers book excursions through the ship. They my be offering a discounted rate to encourage shipboard bookings.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...