Jade April 2019 Transatlantic

Yllek

I just stumbled on an April 28, 2018 transatlantic itinerary for the Norwegian Jade from New York to Rome. It does not come up on NCL's site when you enter transatlantic as the destination. You have to enter the Jade and April 2019 to find this cruise. The itinerary does not show free at sea or any other promotions. It looks like the previous cruise ends in Miami on April 22. It also looks like the itinerary might be incomplete with no arrival time and saying there will be an overnight in Cadiz all on one day.

Is this a mistake itinerary? Would there be a reason for NCL to move the Jade from Miami to New York for 1 itinerary and have nothing else scheduled for the 6 days inbetween? The prices seem really reasonable but I do not want to get my hopes up and book if NCL is just going to pull the itinerary in a couple of days.

Any advice on if it is a waste of time or if this looks like this itinerary looks legit to book would be appreciated. Thanks!

It looks like a good itinerary and right now the prices are certainly reasonable. I'd love to see something similar for the Jade's (hopefully) return to the US in the fall of 2019. Although the cruise isn't earmarked as having "free at sea" perks if you do a test booking it does offer the usual choice of promo perks (drinks, dining, shore excursion credit , internet minutes). Deposit is $50 per person for any category up to and including mini-suites and $750 per person for suites and haven suites.

This cruise goes out of New York on Sunday April 28th. The previous posted cruise is a 10 day southern caribbean round trip out of Miami from April 12 to April 22nd. Not sure what the plan is for the few days between the two cruises or if there will be other itinerary changes.

It wouldn't hurt to book the cruise if you're interested in it but wait a little while before booking airfare, hotels etc. The deposit is refundable as long as you cancel the cruise within the proper timeframe.

Wow just looked, even solo in a balcony room the price is tempting.

Never did a t/a and just wondering as a solo traveler what the heck I would do on all those sea days

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised regarding the events during the sea days. Recently did the TA on the Jade this past April and the solo group was very active with lots of things arranged by various members.

Our group grew almost every day and the Hostess, Darla, was always organizing our dinners in the MDRs. There was never dull moment, that's a lie but we did have a lot of fun.

The CD staff always had things organized quite well, dances, and games etc.

I may cancel my Bermuda cruise since this one looks so good, twice the days and half the price... sounds like a good deal to me too.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised regarding the events during the sea days. Recently did the TA on the Jade this past April and the solo group was very active with lots of things arranged by various members.

Our group grew almost every day and the Hostess, Darla, was always organizing our dinners in the MDRs. There was never dull moment, that's a lie but we did have a lot of fun.

The CD staff always had things organized quite well, dances, and games etc.

I may cancel my Bermuda cruise since this one looks so good, twice the days and half the price... sounds like a good deal to me too.

Hmmm, I would venture to guess these sailings are almost kid free :) Tempting

I'm just a little leary of booking this cruise since I can't find a trace of the Jade from

April 22, 0800 to May 12 1700 hrs. No trace, even in the NYC port, at all.

Still, at this price, think it's worth taking the chance.

Cruise price is excellent, right now one way fare from Rome not so good. Non stop flight for me to Newark NJ is almost $2500 yikes, economy

Cruise price is excellent, right now one way fare from Rome not so good. Non stop flight for me to Newark NJ is almost $2500 yikes, economy

That's weird, for me to do a return (tricky I know) is only 730 CAD. You might want to look at return flights just for comparison.

Also, may be too early, not best booking time right now.

Just mock booked 1 way... 600 cad

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I can't find this cruise on any of the cruise discounters, Cruisedotcom, vacations to go only find the Getaway

Cripes wish I could afford Cunard, laundromats PLUS kennel, you can take your dog or cat with you lol

I can't find this cruise on any of the cruise discounters, Cruisedotcom, vacations to go only find the Getaway

Cripes wish I could afford Cunard, laundromats PLUS kennel, you can take your dog or cat with you lol

Yeah, like I said, can't find the Jade anywhere after April 22nd.

I think I'd find Cunard really boring... doing my own laundry would be like being at home working. Not for me.

I see it on the big box store site and on another site where you might search for best price. I would not book through that second site if you have any doubts that this cruise will happen for you because they charge a $100 per person cancellation fee.

I am still a little leery of booking not knowing what the ship is doing between the 22nd and the 28th and the weird way it appears on NCL's site but I am going to go ahead and book. The combination of the itinerary and the price is perfect for us. I hope it stays out of New York so we can visit family before the cruise.

We did the Getaway's transatlantic last spring and loved it. There always seemed to be something going on. There were only around 30 children out of 4000 passengers. The only thing we didn't like was when we got to the ports and there was chaos when 4000 people were trying to get off and on at the same times. We prefer the Jewel class ships so we are excited to try a transatlantic on the Jade.

We were able to price out airfare back to Seattle for around $650. Njkate if you are able to stay in Rome to Tuesday or Wednesday and you are willing to connect TAP Air Portugal has one way flights to JFK for less than $400 and to Newark around $430.

Now we just need to wait to see if NCL changes the itinerary.

I am still a little leery of booking not knowing what the ship is doing between the 22nd and the 28th and the weird way it appears on NCL's site but I am going to go ahead and book. The combination of the itinerary and the price is perfect for us. I hope it stays out of New York so we can visit family before the cruise.

We did the Getaway's transatlantic last spring and loved it. There always seemed to be something going on. There were only around 30 children out of 4000 passengers. The only thing we didn't like was when we got to the ports and there was chaos when 4000 people were trying to get off and on at the same times. We prefer the Jewel class ships so we are excited to try a transatlantic on the Jade.

We were able to price out airfare back to Seattle for around $650. Njkate if you are able to stay in Rome to Tuesday or Wednesday and you are willing to connect TAP Air Portugal has one way flights to JFK for less than $400 and to Newark around $430.

Now we just need to wait to see if NCL changes the itinerary.

I can stay as long as I want and no problem with making one connection, so that's good news, TAP Air Portugal??? They aren't a "budget" carrier like WOW air are they?

Would love this on a Jewel Class ship, hey may just book at $50 deposit, I have until December to make up my mind

We just held a cabin too. Just in case we decide to go

Great, I'm nervous as it will be my first solo, kids can't get off that much time, other retired friends can not afford and unfortunately hubbie passed away last year.

Sucks can afford to travel but no one to come with me :(

But I have booked just had to check and see if son and DIL will keep my cat for 3 weeks

Edited by njkate

The good thing about NCL is there are always solo events to meet up with people. Plus there's everything else going on and I have always found people to be really friendly.

So hopefully we will see you there! It's a great price for the cruise and since we are booked on the Encore TA, I'm going to take vueling from Rome up to London and book roundtrip air to/from NY

I'm booked now too, couldn't resist. Transferred reservation from Bermuda so this cruise will be twice as long and half the price... lol. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

There will be plenty to do and plenty of pax to it with, solo cruisers love TA cruises.

I'm still booked on the Encore TA as well. Should be fun.