Football games?

candykates

True that some football will be on but unless your team is the Monday night game, or Thursday night or NFL game of the week, it may not be shown. We are traveling in September also but I had to prove to DH that our team was on Monday night football that week!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is possible the local game will be on but only by coincidence not because of location. The ships receive a set of tv feeds via satellite. If the local game happens to be on their feed you will see it.

The only games you can count on are Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night. On Sunday afternoon there will be at least two games on, one early one late, possibly three games on depending on which station they are getting the feed.

The crowd is mostly from Boston. If they show a game, it will likely be the Patriots vs Texans at 1pm Sunday. But if this is the Bermuda cruise, you will be in port so they might not bother. It costs NCL over $30,000 per game.
Ohhhhhh.... that's interesting and very useful information! We are sailing out of Boston to Bermuda and I was hoping to catch the Pat's vs Texans game at 1pm. However, 1pm is the docking time so...based on the information about how much it'll cost NCL, maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.. hmmm. Sigh. Oh well, at least it's just the 1st game and not a super important one! Thanks for your info!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Ohhhhhh.... that's interesting and very useful information! We are sailing out of Boston to Bermuda and I was hoping to catch the Pat's vs Texans game at 1pm. However, 1pm is the docking time so...based on the information about how much it'll cost NCL, maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.. hmmm. Sigh. Oh well, at least it's just the 1st game and not a super important one! Thanks for your info!

Maybe research if they show the game somewhere in Bermuda. Perhaps a hotel bar?

Will the ships broadcast NFL games on Sundays? Perhaps at a bar or restaurant? I'm sailing on the Dawn in September and don't want to miss my team's first regular season game while at sea! Thanks for any info.

The primary football on the stateroom TVs is European soccer. On sundays, there may be one game on the TVs in the bars,,,, which statistically won’t be your team.

When we sailed out of NY on the GEM they showed NFL, NBA and NHL games (no baseball) The 3 times we sailed out of Boston to Bermuda (Spirit/Dawn) they never showed any pro games. All we had on the ships were constant repeated highlights (not even complete games) of Soccer.

Will the ships broadcast NFL games on Sundays? Perhaps at a bar or restaurant? I'm sailing on the Dawn in September and don't want to miss my team's first regular season game while at sea! Thanks for any info.

It is a crap shot. Sometimes they will have a game on, but usually not, except for soccer. We all face this when we cruise during football season and it makes no sense why they can not contract with one network that has the games or a game. We have been on ships that do show one game on Sunday in a bar or the atrium, and playoff games, but certainly not every ship have we seen them and never more than one game on a given Sunday.

They did play it last year in the Atrium and on the tv at Bimini Bar. The whole cruise they would announce they would try to get the game but couldn't promise. It may depend on satellite reception? IF they show the game, get to the Atrium early. Something Fun is right about how packed the place was last year for the Pats first game.

Would they show the team from the port they sail out of?

No! We departed from Seattle on the Pearl on a Sunday morning and they were unable to get a broadcast of the first Seahawks game of the season. DH had to get it on his phone (worked ok since the game was on while we were in port).

Those who have said it is limited to a few nationally featured games are correct, not all games will be available.

The show the nationally televised games always. Thursday night game, Sunday night game and Monday night game. Additionally on Sunday there will be one 1pm game and one 4pm game shown, and that is usually the fox/cbs "game of the week" (basically the same game you would get if you lived in an area without a local team).

The games are televised in the bars and also in your stateroom on one of the channels. They also usually televise the night games in the atrium on the big screen, unless it coincides with a scheduled event like Dancing with the stars or Newlywed game show.

So yes...there is tons of football coverage. But might not be the specific game you want