2020 Schedule

ptrpanpens

Was there a notification of the voyages for LCV members? Heard nothing and wondering if there was and we missed out or if there was nothing sent to anyone?

I didn’t get anything, but don’t plan to book just yet and will wait to see what is what with pricing and look in greater detail at itineraries. I don’t feel a need to rush into booking at present.

Phil

Was there a notification of the voyages for LCV members? Heard nothing and wondering if there was and we missed out or if there was nothing sent to anyone?

Yes, notification was sent out in waves of emails yesterday.

OK Bonnie it looks like quite a few in the UK did not get anything again

Updated based on Bob's update includes USA as well

Interestingly all the folks missing that I can identify are top tier LCV....

My wife got one, but inside the message it was addressed to me.

I understand that we have a limited set of itineraries that interest us and find the prices on all of them currently prohibitive. I looked at 6 different sailings and all were well over $1,000 USD per day (for 2) for the cheapest suite. As an example, the Aug 6 Iceland Intensive 15 night cruise is $1,347 per day. With the Save or spend promotion, that would still be $1,146. If we could get that AND book on board, it would come down to $1,012. Since $1,000 is about my limit, I'd have to get lucky with flights. Azamara is still our choice when pricing is even close to competitive, but I don't have high hopes for anything in 2020. Several of our friends are pushing Regent on us, so we'll be looking at them. Celebrity is another option as, even with the on board experience not being as good as Azamara, it is still a good value for our money,

Since Azamara has chosen to remain away from North America, we have the added cost and complexity of flights. Now we know how so many others feel. I guess it's only fair.

[quote name=bob278;56081093 "My wife got one' date=' but inside the message it was addressed to me."

"Since Azamara has chosen to remain away from North America, we have the added cost and complexity of flights. Now we know how so many others feel. I guess it's only fair."[/quote]

Like you, my partner got one, but inside it was addressed to me.

We deal with cost & complexity of flights all the time from "Down Under" when traveling pretty much anywhere other than our own beautiful country .. or New Zealand which is closer to our east coast than a flight across Australia from Sydney to Perth!

You should be able to do day safaris from the ship, we were on a Crystal South African cruise in January and there were plenty of safaris on offer.

If you get a chance for Pumba Private Game Reserve from Port Elizabeth or East London, we had a fantastic time there we were able to get up close to wildlife and they have white lions there as well guides were entertaining and extremely knowledgeable.

However the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park from Richards Bay was a huge disappointment, it’s a National Park you might get a glimpse of wildlife but the drivers seemed to have more fun driving around as fast as they could. Also a lot of the time you are on public tarmac roads, Crystal had so many complaints they refunded most of the trips cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the tips. I am on Crystal this winter. I will recheck my day and overnight tours. Did you get the yellow fever shot?? Heard you have to have the proof or a letter.

No email for us, and we completed our 6th sailing with Azamara just a few weeks ago, sigh. Oh well, they probably wouldn't let us board for Papeete from Nawiliwili anyway - but it certainly is grand to see our Napali cliffs as the lead photo for new Tahiti cruises.

We were browsing the '20 schedule and noticed that all three sister ships will be in Venice October 9 - 10, 2020. Does anyone know if all three are meeting up sooner than that in 2018 or 2019? I haven't paid close attention to the 2019 schedule even though we do have an Alaskan trip scheduled. I found it interesting that all 3 ships are in Europe together in 2020 so I guess it makes sense that they can easily meet up somewhere. All three ships are scheduled to arrive at 9am in Venice on the 9th.

Thank you Michael, we agree! And thank you for being among the first to book our newest destination, South Africa, where we are offering 6 country-intensive voyages. Our frequent travelers have been asking for So.Africa for a long time...and now it's on the calendar. We also have new country-intensive voyages to Scotland, Denmark and Ireland in 2020.

Plus we are excited about the Quest visiting Hawaii & Tahiti in January 2020.

So much to look forward to! :hearteyes:

Hi Bonnie,

We are also excited to see the South Africa opportunities. My only reservation about these itineraries is although we absolutely love overnights (every cruise needs them). They are really pointless at the embark and disembarkation port. Instead of a double overnight in Cape Town (where we can easily add a few extra nights accommodation). I would have very much preferred an overnight somewhere else on the itinerary (such as Durban). Guess it is what it is, but really worth considering for future offerings.

Anyway we have South America booked with Oceania for 2020. We will monitor Azamara as you offer similar opportunities. However we will await the promotions and see if you come in comparable. Currently Silversea comes in only slightly higher than O. Azamara is 20-30% higher than Silver and I will not even bother comparing between O and Azamara right at the minute.

Thanks for the tips. I am on Crystal this winter. I will recheck my day and overnight tours. Did you get the yellow fever shot?? Heard you have to have the proof or a letter.

We have Yellow Fever shots as a matter of course and always carry our certificates, but we weren’t ever asked for them. However they may have been required in Mozambique but we decided on the recommendation of our South African friends to stay on the ship.

Most places only seem to want them if you are traveling from a Yellow Fever area.

We were browsing the '20 schedule and noticed that all three sister ships will be in Venice October 9 - 10, 2020. Does anyone know if all three are meeting up sooner than that in 2018 or 2019? I haven't paid close attention to the 2019 schedule even though we do have an Alaskan trip scheduled. I found it interesting that all 3 ships are in Europe together in 2020 so I guess it makes sense that they can easily meet up somewhere. All three ships are scheduled to arrive at 9am in Venice on the 9th.

The press release I found says this about the sistersmeet:-

‘For the first time, Azamara’s three sister ships will meet on October 8, 2020 in Koper, Slovenia, where the cruise line will host a grand AzAmazing Evening in port for all guests on all three ships, and then sail together to Venice’.

Sounds good!

Edited by malcliz
Additions

Hi Bonnie,

We are also excited to see the South Africa opportunities. My only reservation about these itineraries is although we absolutely love overnights (every cruise needs them). They are really pointless at the embark and disembarkation port. Instead of a double overnight in Cape Town (where we can easily add a few extra nights accommodation). I would have very much preferred an overnight somewhere else on the itinerary (such as Durban). Guess it is what it is, but really worth considering for future offerings.

Anyway we have South America booked with Oceania for 2020. We will monitor Azamara as you offer similar opportunities. However we will await the promotions and see if you come in comparable. Currently Silversea comes in only slightly higher than O. Azamara is 20-30% higher than Silver and I will not even bother comparing between O and Azamara right at the minute.

We had an overnight in Durban on Crystal in January and it caused the ship no end of problems. Local regulations require all bar stock that’s not on display to be bonded, this resulted in a number of bars running dry on the second day.

We were also told by a friend who lives there not to walk out of the port area especially at night as it’s unsafe.

I see no sailings for Journey around 1 Sept 2020 the one time we would have wanted for a special reason. I’m presuming a charter scuppering what we had tentatively thought of. There was a reason we wanted it to be Journey :(

I have just had a look at the itineraries for 2020 and there are quite a few that I could be interested in but won't be booking any time soon. Much as I love Azamara, the prices are too high, more than I consider the 'On Board Experience' to be worth. I don't know what I am going to be doing in that far in advance ( health, finances etc.). What appeals to me now might not appeal in two years time. From reading the posts on here about the many changes currently underway, e.g.entertainment, specialty restaurant spacing, verandah plus cabins etc. the Azamara that I know and love might not be the same Azamara in 2020. Also Azamara has a habbit of cancelling cruises or amending itineraries if they get a better offer from a private charterer. Like most of you I will wait and see what the future holds.

I would possibly book a few if

a. there were commensurate protections against price drops in the UK as in the USA

b. I could learn more about whatever the further amended entertainments might be

c. I knew more about what Pursuits is actually going to be like and whether some of the changes that being rolled out on Journey (e.g. Specialities layout) are temporary

and of course, if I could be sure LCV communications worked!!

I see no sailings for Journey around 1 Sept 2020 the one time we would have wanted for a special reason. I’m presuming a charter scuppering what we had tentatively thought of. There was a reason we wanted it to be Journey :(

You’re right I think Ann, on the list of Cruises we were given on Quest for 2020, there looks like 2 charters on Journey, August 20th to September 5th and September 26th to October 3rd. Both periods shown as sold out.

You’re right I think Ann, on the list of Cruises we were given on Quest for 2020, there looks like 2 charters on Journey, August 20th to September 5th and September 26th to October 3rd. Both periods shown as sold out.

Yep our two alternatives for a family celebration we have a special birthday early September and an anniversary at the end. I have decided we are just cursed between cancellations, reschedules the fall out of which are still haunting us and no communications. Probably a message for us somewhere in there

New to Azamara, but have sailed on Celebrity(select) and finished my first Viking Ocean in April.

Found a 2020, 10 day Denmark Intensive Voyage that sounds great, 1 overnight and late departures in all port!

My question, are the prices for veranda cabin the best when first posted?

Or will Azamara do the" Celebrity "type marketing in the next year or so with various other marketing offers?

I usually use a online TA which will be having a big sale later this month.

First of many questions about Azamara...

We had an overnight in Durban on Crystal in January and it caused the ship no end of problems. Local regulations require all bar stock that’s not on display to be bonded, this resulted in a number of bars running dry on the second day.

We were also told by a friend who lives there not to walk out of the port area especially at night as it’s unsafe.

As I booked an overnight tour from another port never even notice the time of leaving. Just know we are coming back to Durban. But realize very little time there. Now I am glad. As far as the bar goes I would look at the stock in my room,

We have Yellow Fever shots as a matter of course and always carry our certificates, but we weren’t ever asked for them. However they may have been required in Mozambique but we decided on the recommendation of our South African friends to stay on the ship.

Most places only seem to want them if you are traveling from a Yellow Fever area.

I was told I needed it for Africa in general. Do not live near a city that has the vaccine. I was in two places twice that it would if been easy to get. Would of been nice to know with invoice. I have a ships tour in Mozambique, looks interesting to me.

Azamara do have various promotions from time to time, such as second person at 50%, or free stateroom upgrade, however at the same time the basic price is usually at its lowest when cruises are announced, so it’s difficult to say when will be the cheapest overall price.

Often the first price turns out to be the cheapest, but definitely not always. I think it depends how well cruises are selling. For example the North Cape cruises are rarely, of ever, discounted because they always sell very readily.

The other thing to take into account is where you live - if you live in the US or Canada then you have the best price guarantee, which means if your cruise price goes down Azamara may pass that on to you if it is before final payment (here’s the link to the relevant page on the website https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/best-price-guarantee )

If you live anywhere else then you have to cancel, lose your deposit, and rebook to get a cheaper price. Sometimes that’s worth doing. A cruise we were booked on went down by £1500, so we cancelled, lost our deposit and rebooked at a saving of £1000.