NCL Star Jumper affected passengers

shannon_m

Ok, so the jumper was the cause.

Does that remove all responsibility from the cruise line to do their best and try to accommodate people, especially with mobility issues.

Do the cruise lines not practice for emergency issues ( why the muster drills).

This is not the first time there were delays or last and it was not the first jumper or the last.

NCL was not the cause, but they are supposed to be the solution, or is every emergency supposed to play out as it will.

Personally I have never had a bad cruise with NCL, a few unfriendly staff and somehow always at customer service and not during a complaint as I have never complained about anything, but just some routine questions, another drink and I move on, not worth upsetting yourself over minor things.

This situation however was not minor and obviously NCL did not handle it well, and I don’t get some people on this forum how they will repeatedly nitpick the OP to find some fault and prove that NCL was faultless in everything even though they were not there and did not experience a thing.

I am not that naive to think that any cruise line is completely faultless all the time, and don’t have such loyalty to any.

Sorry that the OP had such a bad experience, only she knows how she feels and why she feels she wasn’t treated well, and has every right to choose not to travel with them again.

I have yet to have a bad enough experience with any cruise line to stop me from booking a vacation, but I can’t say the same with airlines and there are several that I will never fly with again.

What do muster drills have to do with how a man overboard situation is handled????? I’ve never seen a muster drill where part of it was making sure the wheel chair pushers are ready to haul the next bunch on the ship after the emergency.

I’m sure they have procedures for what to do, but how long it takes is function of many circumstances. Same with how long it takes to investigate the issue once in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP doesn’t run a business where she promises services to those in need in exchange for fare! Why should she be the understanding party??! She paid the cruise line, thus her expectations... seems pretty simple to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no “promises” just a contract and it’s loaded with protections for the cruiseline, especially in special situations.

Ok, so the jumper was the cause.

Does that remove all responsibility from the cruise line to do their best and try to accommodate people, especially with mobility issues.

Do the cruise lines not practice for emergency issues ( why the muster drills).

This is not the first time there were delays or last and it was not the first jumper or the last.

NCL was not the cause, but they are supposed to be the solution, or is every emergency supposed to play out as it will.

Personally I have never had a bad cruise with NCL, a few unfriendly staff and somehow always at customer service and not during a complaint as I have never complained about anything, but just some routine questions, another drink and I move on, not worth upsetting yourself over minor things.

This situation however was not minor and obviously NCL did not handle it well, and I don’t get some people on this forum how they will repeatedly nitpick the OP to find some fault and prove that NCL was faultless in everything even though they were not there and did not experience a thing.

I am not that naive to think that any cruise line is completely faultless all the time, and don’t have such loyalty to any.

Sorry that the OP had such a bad experience, only she knows how she feels and why she feels she wasn’t treated well, and has every right to choose not to travel with them again.

I have yet to have a bad enough experience with any cruise line to stop me from booking a vacation, but I can’t say the same with airlines and there are several that I will never fly with again.

I agree with you completely. I love NCL but it doesn't mean I don't know they make mistakes.

What do muster drills have to do with how a man overboard situation is handled????? I’ve never seen a muster drill where part of it was making sure the wheel chair pushers are ready to haul the next bunch on the ship after the emergency.

I’m sure they have procedures for what to do, but how long it takes is function of many circumstances. Same with how long it takes to investigate the issue once in port.

Muster drills are meant to handle an emergency situation, for which training is provided.

A man overboard is an emergency situation for which I am sure they also provide training and how to handle related delays. It apparently does happen on cruise ships, who would have ever thought it , right.

I am sure there are procedures to safely handle wheel chairs also in an efficient manner and not make these people suffer unreasonably especially after delays caused by or not, by the cruise line.

Is it so difficult to connect the two or does everything have to be spelled out.

This is exactly what I was talking about people nitpicking everything and putting a bunch of question marks, I guess more than one makes them feel important.

I often wonder if these people protecting/ defending these cruise lines at all costs on these boards expect some kind of bonus or are paid freelance for every protective post they submit.

I don’t have an ax to grind with any cruise line, I have cruised with a few and never had a bad enough experience that is worthy of bitching about, but I am not naive enough to think they are always faultless and never create problems for their passengers.

This is what I don’t understand. There are a finite number of wheelchairs, they need to use them to get folks off of the ship before they can use them to get folks on the ship. The OP said they were made to stand for 3 hours. Did they expect to sit in wheelchairs for 4 hours? How about sitting in a seat? There were most likely folks on the ship, waiting in long lines, who needed wheelchairs to get off of the ship.

Shannon, I am sorry you had a bad experience. I am very sorry that some people have treated you so poorly out here on CC. If it's any consolation don't take it personally. I often call people out here for being so rude to others and the latst time I was told to "Simmer down". I just don't get being rude to others.

The lady who jumped - none of us no why and how sad for her family.

I hope your future cruises are better as well as your experiences out here on CC. In my part of the world I have had my faith renewed in humanity by watching us all come together as Hurricane Florence hit the Carolinas. Too bad it often takes a natural disaster for people to band together to help one another.

Shannon, I am sorry you had a bad experience. I am very sorry that some people have treated you so poorly out here on CC. If it's any consolation don't take it personally. I often call people out here for being so rude to others and the latst time I was told to "Simmer down". I just don't get being rude to others.

The lady who jumped - none of us no why and how sad for her family.

I hope your future cruises are better as well as your experiences out here on CC. In my part of the world I have had my faith renewed in humanity by watching us all come together as Hurricane Florence hit the Carolinas. Too bad it often takes a natural disaster for people to band together to help one another.

Thank you for your support. Nice to know not all of humanity is lost.

Too bad it often takes a natural disaster for people to band together to help one another.

People with special needs are helped every time they avail themselves of special services. These special services are paid for by all, most of whom do not need the services and it does not take a natural disaster for us to happily do so.

Your post and OPs illustrate why many on this board are irked. The help that is given is not recognized as help, but rather an expectation or even a human right.

What used to be recognized as a kindness is now something for folks to complain about when it is not rendered as expected, regardless of circumstance.

And those who recognize this shift have no humanity.

People with special needs are helped every time they avail themselves of special services. These special services are paid for by all, most of whom do not need the services and it does not take a natural disaster for us to happily do so.

Your post and OPs illustrate why many on this board are irked. The help that is given is not recognized as help, but rather an expectation or even a human right.

What used to be recognized as a kindness is now something for folks to complain about when it is not rendered as expected, regardless of circumstance.

And those who recognize this shift have no humanity.

I'm not really sure how to answer you. I didn't agree she needed compensation. Even though she didn't though, they didn't give everyone the right to speak so rudely to her.

good day sir.

I didn’t hear about the women jumping, I learned a lesson the hard way if you know someone has had to much to drink DO NOT TELL THE SECURITY YOU WANT YOUR BALCONY DOOR SECURED, the next thing you know they are accusing the person of saying they are going to jump, them they grab a 108# women by the arm bruising her and to make matters worse they put the person on a do not cruise list, I was concerned my daughter had to much to drink and asked security to lock my balcony what a mistake that was.

This has literally nothing to do with the topic on hand, or even the topics that have grown out of the original topic, but I felt compelled to respond.

*** did you want NCL to do when you told someone that you didn't think you could control your drunk daughter from jumping/falling from the balcony? How did you think they would react?