Jewel still in port in Vancouver

sergeant655

She is NOT scheduled to sail until almost 1 A.M. this cruise. She is only going to Victoria, British Columbia ( a very short distance away). After Victoria, She will break Her long journey to Tokyo, Japan then South to Australia. Her 2018 Alaskan season is now finished.

She is NOT scheduled to sail until almost 1 A.M. this cruise. She is only going to Victoria, British Columbia ( a very short distance away). After Victoria, She will break Her long journey to Tokyo, Japan then South to Australia. Her 2018 Alaskan season is now finished.

Definition of fake news. Jewel is currently headed to Ketchikan, then Juneau then Seward, before going to Russia. After that, off to Japan, ending in Yokohama. A 16 day cruise to Singapore and then a 14 day dry dock. That is when she will be heading to Australia.

The reason Jewel did not leave port until after midnight is two fold. She had to load lots of extra provisions for the 19 day cruise to Japan, and she loaded lots and lots of supplies and equipment for the October drydock in Singapore. Hopefully she won't be the Sun Panama Canal cruise from hell 2.0.

Yes, we are in Alaska now.

I had the nationwide cruise insurance where it said delay of departing for a port for longer then 3 hours was covered as shipboard inconvenience. But the front desk said they won’t give me a letter to say that the Jewel left after the scheduled departure time so I am not sure how I would file a claim. 😞

I had the nationwide cruise insurance where it said delay of departing for a port for longer then 3 hours was covered as shipboard inconvenience. But the front desk said they won’t give me a letter to say that the Jewel left after the scheduled departure time so I am not sure how I would file a claim. 😞

Can you get something from the Port Authorities in Vancouver?

I guess it's no surprise that NCL isn't going to put in writing that they were late, eh?

GC

I'm just curious what would you expect to get from the insurance? Did you miss any nonrefundable excursion's or were you just behind schedule leaving from the embarkation port?

I'm just curious what would you expect to get from the insurance? Did you miss any nonrefundable excursion's or were you just behind schedule leaving from the embarkation port?

They apparently have the type of insurance that pays for missed ports or apparently certain delays, without regard for any financial loss.

If they paid for the insurance coverage, they should be able to file a claim and collect.

GC

They apparently have the type of insurance that pays for missed ports or apparently certain delays, without regard for any financial loss.

If they paid for the insurance coverage, they should be able to file a claim and collect.

GC

Every trip delay covered policy I have ever seen reimburses you for reasonable expenses due to a covered delay. I'm not sure if they would cover a delay that incurred no expenses, as the OP was probably on board the ship.

Every trip delay covered policy I have ever seen reimburses you for reasonable expenses due to a covered delay. I'm not sure if they would cover a delay that incurred no expenses, as the OP was probably on board the ship.

These types of policies EXPLICITLY cover this type of occurrence, as mentioned already.

It may not be "your" type of policy, but apparently they have one of those.

They SHOULD be entitled to collect per the terms of the policy.

GC

Can you get something from the Port Authorities in Vancouver?

I guess it's no surprise that NCL isn't going to put in writing that they were late, eh?

GC

You might want to post on the CC Travel Insurance sub-forum:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

There will be more people there familiar with your type of policy AND who may have had a similar problem documenting the circumstances.

GC

These types of policies EXPLICITLY cover this type of occurrence, as mentioned already.

It may not be "your" type of policy, but apparently they have one of those.

They SHOULD be entitled to collect per the terms of the policy.

GC

Could you possibly be a bit more condescending?

According to the policy it says if delayed from leaving or arriving at a port after more then 3 hours is one of the things it covers. If claim is accepted I get about $200pp. Can only be claimed once

Check out Nationwide choice cruise. This is a cruising specific insurance. To be honest it’s the first time I have ever bought travel insurance and I saw this one mentioned before with cruise critic.

GC

Yes, mine covers changes in ports too. Btw, thank you for your suggestion earlier. The ops manager from port of Vancouver has emailed me back to confirm the time that the Jewel left their berth and a snapshot as well. They have also sent me another contact as well to see if that will help.

Not sure if insurance will take it, but it can’t hurt. :)

Yes, mine covers changes in ports too. Btw, thank you for your suggestion earlier. The ops manager from port of Vancouver has emailed me back to confirm the time that the Jewel left their berth and a snapshot as well. They have also sent me another contact as well to see if that will help.

Not sure if insurance will take it, but it can’t hurt. :)

Great... glad that turned out to help!

Perhaps you could post your experience on that Travel Insurance sub-forum.

Others who have your type of insurance might find it useful if they have a similar issue in the future (or if they've recently had one).

GC

Great... glad that turned out to help!

Perhaps you could post your experience on that Travel Insurance sub-forum.

Others who have your type of insurance might find it useful if they have a similar issue in the future (or if they've recently had one).

GC

Just started a new thread in the link you posted earlier. Thanks!

According to the policy it says if delayed from leaving or arriving at a port after more then 3 hours is one of the things it covers. If claim is accepted I get about $200pp. Can only be claimed once

Good luck with that. Having family in the insurance industry I don't think they (insurance companies) are not too terribly inclined to give away free money if you had no expenses incurred from the delay.

Good luck with that. Having family in the insurance industry I don't think they (insurance companies) are not too terribly inclined to give away free money if you had no expenses incurred from the delay.

What is your problem?

This is coverage for "inconvenience", NOT loss of money/etc.

It's an odd policy, but that's what it is.

You *WANT* us to repeat over and over, and then claim it's condescending?

GC