Cabin Prices-Are they seeing just how much we`ll pay?

TNCruzer56

During Spring Break? I'm not going at that time....

Just looked, Mar 17-24, Pearl, mid ship Mini Suite, beverages and dining package.. $3185 all in for 2...not too bad, IMHO.

We paid $2100. for same on the Allure last Spring. And it has lots more toys!

I did notice a sharp price raise this past June I figured it was summer rates. I did a mock booking for all there last week of March cruises and it was even more money for every single 7 day cruise out of Florida. Simple balcony room for 3 is up to $4300 for the new ship and $3700 for the older one

Supposedly on October 1 the prices across the board on NCL are going to jump up quite a bit. Are they seeing just how much we will pay? Probably. I suppose any good business should do that. It makes the most sense for them to charge as much as they can, that people will still pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal, MSC, Carnival and Celebrity all have cheaper options than NCL right now. I even factored in buying the drink package on Royal and Carnival Celebrity and MSC already had it in the fair. So you may want to look into one of those lines I am. I am trying to choose between the Epic and the Allure on Royal.

So far I am leaning on the Allure.

Royal, MSC, Carnival and Celebrity all have cheaper options than NCL right now. I even factored in buying the drink package on Royal and Carnival Celebrity and MSC already had it in the fair. So you may want to look into one of those lines I am. I am trying to choose between the Epic and the Allure on Royal.

So far I am leaning on the Allure.

Good to know. I'm in the process of planning for next November. We always take a Thanksgiving cruise so I'm expecting higher prices on the trip regardless of the ship. I've NEVER seen a drinks package that was included in the price on Carnival. I'd be interested to know more about that.

Good price for a balcony with larger bath, unlimited alcohol drinks and 3 upscale restaurants included...

I haven’t seen that deal on any line recently..

Just checked, for kicks..next March, Allure..

SUMMARY

Ocean View Balcony

$3,358.00

2 Guests

Deck 14 Room 14578 Edit

View pricing by guest

BOGO50

-$840.00

Subtotal:

$2,518.00

Taxes & Fees

$219.70

TOTAL

$2,737.70

Minimum Deposit

$500.00

This is before drinks and any specialty meals....add at least $700 for drinks for two, and $100 or so for meals..

Now which is cheaper again? Again choices are good, but I don’t find other lines much cheaper, if at all...

MSC maybe, but I’ve read varying reviews of their ships...

Edited by PTC DAWG

Damn, $1000 USD for 2 in a balcony for 7 days? That's amazing!

I'm assuming the drink/dining packages are approx. $550/person? That would put the cruise at like $500/person.

I'm assuming the drink/dining packages are approx. $550/person? That would put the cruise at like $500/person.

Of course not. $2100. was for two after various discounts. With OBCs the Bev pkg was about 28 bucks per day p/p.

Of course not. $2100. was for two after various discounts. With OBCs the Bev pkg was about 28 bucks per day p/p.

I thought that seemed to good to be true!

While I think discounts can be used when comparing cruise costs, you really shouldn't count OBC not offered by the cruise line.

When someone says their cruise cost $3000 all in for drinks and specialty dining, you should probably compare apples to apples and not include TA credits.

MEXICAN RIVIERA CRUISES

Interior staterooms April 2020

NCL Joy: $1,149 per person + $143.27 taxes/fees + $124.60 beverage service charge = $1,417.57

Carnival Panorama: $598 per person + 106.52 taxes fees + 418.20 to add on Cheers Package= $1,122.72

NCL outdid themselves with the cost here. Even if you opt out of having the drink package, NCL is still more ridiculously expensive. Not to mention, Carnival drink package waaaay more superior than NCL. They gotta pay off that race track somehow. Don't count on me :)

Good price for a balcony with larger bath, unlimited alcohol drinks and 3 upscale restaurants included...

I haven’t seen that deal on any line recently..

Just checked, for kicks..next March, Allure..

SUMMARY

Ocean View Balcony

$3,358.00

2 Guests

Deck 14 Room 14578 Edit

View pricing by guest

BOGO50

-$840.00

Subtotal:

$2,518.00

Taxes & Fees

$219.70

TOTAL

$2,737.70

Minimum Deposit

$500.00

This is before drinks and any specialty meals....add at least $700 for drinks for two, and $100 or so for meals..

Now which is cheaper again? Again choices are good, but I don’t find other lines much cheaper, if at all...

MSC maybe, but I’ve read varying reviews of their ships...

you gotta catch a sale. On July 4th, I bought a 7 day Allure spring break 2019 for the 3 of us, inside cabin, for a total of $1,600 including tax. Since then the same cabin has been $3,000+ for 3 people.

I agree NCL's prices are getting ridiculous - trouble is with our situation (3 adults, 1 with a serious medical condition) we prefer 2 bedrooms, if not, then a separate bedroom apart from main living area. We absolutely need at 2 toilets (usually full bath and "powder" room) As I am checking other lines, I cannot find any that offer both those needs other than NCL. It looks like we're going to have to accept the pricing and hope the perks will offset the higher prices that are coming, sigh.....

I thought Alaska was nutz, but just did a Spring mock booking-Tampa balc. Western. Over $3100 bucks!!!!!

Folks, This southern boy ain`t gonna pay this much for a boat ride!

I was spoiled .My first cruise a 7 day from NYC to Bermuda on Cunard for a cabin with a porthole -$699.00 for my wife and I including all taxes.

I agree NCL's prices are getting ridiculous - trouble is with our situation (3 adults, 1 with a serious medical condition) we prefer 2 bedrooms, if not, then a separate bedroom apart from main living area. We absolutely need at 2 toilets (usually full bath and "powder" room) As I am checking other lines, I cannot find any that offer both those needs other than NCL. It looks like we're going to have to accept the pricing and hope the perks will offset the higher prices that are coming, sigh.....

Look at Crown Loft suites on Allure, Oasis, Symphony, etc, from Royal. Mid-October, and I got us in for $6500 for three, with paid grats for first 2 people. Stairs are involved, though, for the king bed.

Otherwise, you can look for the 2 bedroom suites on those same ships.

Look at Crown Loft suites on Allure, Oasis, Symphony, etc, from Royal. Mid-October, and I got us in for $6500 for three, with paid grats for first 2 people. Stairs are involved, though, for the king bed.

Otherwise, you can look for the 2 bedroom suites on those same ships.

Thanks, I will look at those. We had been trying to stay with the smaller ships, but if the pricing is better we can deal with more people!

It does seem they are throwing out some pie in the sky prices to see if anything will stick. The sailings they have for jade med next year were initially really fair but have increased tremendously since initially offered and with many less perks now. Our Haven suite was not much more than the balcony prices now. They were likely selling too fast and so when they offered up the spirit they were priced higher. Sales don’t look as brisk but they still had some suite takers. Then they offered up the Pearl Europe sailings and the Haven prices were crazy. The ones I’m watching haven’t sold even one Haven room at those prices.

Regent and Oceania send me lots of glossy brochures for Europe sailings and their suites with airfare and everything included are priced considerably lower than the Pearl Europe Haven suites. In fact just about all room categories on Oceania Europe sailings are lower or equally priced compared to Ncl Europe current prices.

Add in the "free at sea" benefits on NCL and it's probably much closer to the same price. NCL doesn't actually give you free perks, as you are finding out. Drink package on Allure would run you $700+ for 2.

I would point out that you can get the drinks, dining package, and unlimited high speed internet for about $575/pp. The drink package is better than NCL's, the dining package would be 7 nights of specialty dining and even all sea day lunches specialty, and unlimited high speed internet that is faster and again, unlimited compared to 250 minutes on NCL.

So you do need to factor in the substantially better packages you are getting as well when making the comparison.

I'm NCL Platinum Plus, but their pricing, especially in the past 12 months, has caused me to look elsewhere. Just booked an Alaska cruise for 4 on HAL in a Neptune suite with all the Neptune perks. The cost was less than a standard balcony for two on the NCL Joy with a very similar itinerary. We've also sailed MSC several times in the Yacht Club at a rate about 1/2 of the Haven. I read the article about Del Rio indicating demand was strong, and he was raising prices again in October. Demand may be strong, but he is underestimating the number of choices consumers have in the cruise industry.