Seabourn cruise.. am I to bogan?

I love good food (half the reason why I want to try Seabourn) and will try anything, am super excited now on the feed back, cheers everyone.

The price is expensive but by the time you add a drink package and balcony to an Oceania or similar cruise it come to the same price.

Quick question tho... what times the bar shut?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We tried Oceania once after a Seabourn cruise finding what you say about pricing when one leaves the ship. Since then we have not even looked at Oceania. No tips, no hotel charges, no drinks etc.

Also one can get a Referral Coupon of US$400 OBC as a first time cruiser which we use for unlimited internet for the cruise or one can use it for things on the ship. This also knocks the price of the cruise down in away

I can not remember what time the bars shut, ask on the main Seabourn page, but don't forget you will have a bottle of champagne along with two large bottles of spirits of your choice, along with beer etc in your cabin when you arrive so you will not go thirsty. Things like this makes Seabourns prices look better. Try this with Oceania :)

Re the Referral Coupon you need your booking number before you can get one. I have a couple here if you would like one

We tried Oceania once after a Seabourn cruise finding what you say about pricing when one leaves the ship. Since then we have not even looked at Oceania. No tips, no hotel charges, no drinks etc.

Also one can get a Referral Coupon of US$400 OBC as a first time cruiser which we use for unlimited internet for the cruise or one can use it for things on the ship. This also knocks the price of the cruise down in away

I can not remember what time the bars shut, ask on the main Seabourn page, but don't forget you will have a bottle of champagne along with two large bottles of spirits of your choice, along with beer etc in your cabin when you arrive so you will not go thirsty. Things like this makes Seabourns prices look better. Try this with Oceania :)

Re the Referral Coupon you need your booking number before you can get one. I have a couple here if you would like one

*************.com offer a $500 OBC when you book through them which must be the same thing. Thanks for that tho.

How do I redeem the referral code?

I am not certain what you mean by a referral code?

Once you have a booking number Then I can get you a referral coupon which is used as an On Board Credit. You can not use an OBC from Seabourn or as NSWP says a Promo offer and the $400 referral coupon together. I think some Bank cards also will give you an OBC which can not be used along with the referral Recently Seabourn offered $300 OBC on certain cruises when booking which means you could take the referral of $400 instead but not both

If the promo offer is close to the $400 it is probably safer to go with that which will show up when you get your ticket package

Make sense?

Hi all, am looking into cruising with Seabourn next year but being a 28yr old blue collar Aussie (consider myself a bit of a yobbo) I am worried it about it being to upmarket for me.

Iv cruised on Celebrity and Windstar and i dont like the idea of waiting for service like the bigger ships (Celebrity) and much more enjoyed Windstar. Anyway what you think? Am I too bogan for Seabourn haha.

Cheers

You will be fine. You obviously come from an excellent family.

Enjoy

Jacinta (Hoare) ;p

I love good food (half the reason why I want to try Seabourn) and will try anything, am super excited now on the feed back, cheers everyone.

The price is expensive but by the time you add a drink package and balcony to an Oceania or similar cruise it come to the same price.

Most people are in bed by midnight , it really depends on what region your in . We were on the Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean in November 2018 and we were at the bar regularly until 2am with a 92yo Jewish lady from New York who had the rudest jokes . She was as bright as a button and was regularly telling blue jokes at the bar drinking Martinis .

Like most things as long as your not a dick you will have a great time . I can guarantee you wont run out of booze as they top your rooms minibar up with beer and Spirits and failing that just use room service to get more beers and a steak.

Where were you looking at Sailing from ?

Most people are in bed by midnight , it really depends on what region your in . We were on the Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean in November 2018 and we were at the bar regularly until 2am with a 92yo Jewish lady from New York who had the rudest jokes . She was as bright as a button and was regularly telling blue jokes at the bar drinking Martinis .

Like most things as long as your not a dick you will have a great time . I can guarantee you wont run out of booze as they top your rooms minibar up with beer and Spirits and failing that just use room service to get more beers and a steak.

Where were you looking at Sailing from ?

Awesome, not to sure yet, Caribbean or Med but if the price is right for a longer cruise from Aus to NZ we might do that, budget will be around 10k. More going for the cruise rather then destination as I would like to see most of anywhere [emoji16].

There are a number of cruises 14 nights and between Aus $5000 to Aus$6000 on Seabourn. Some in Asia and the Caribbean. The Med is a lot pricier. We have booked 2 , a 37 night trip Oct 20 2018 from Athens to Singapore and a 16 night trip Feb 23 2018 Auckland to Auckland. The last one cost us $Aus 6998 all up pp. Plenty of choices out there and Seabourn is one of the better ones. Keep your eyes open as they do specials all the time so all you need is time and the cash to splash.

There are a number of cruises 14 nights and between Aus $5000 to Aus$6000 on Seabourn. Some in Asia and the Caribbean. The Med is a lot pricier. We have booked 2 , a 37 night trip Oct 20 2018 from Athens to Singapore and a 16 night trip Feb 23 2018 Auckland to Auckland. The last one cost us $Aus 6998 all up pp. Plenty of choices out there and Seabourn is one of the better ones. Keep your eyes open as they do specials all the time so all you need is time and the cash to splash.

Oh nice. Who did you use to book? I am ready to book just waiting for a good deal to pop up but they are all American sites.

I get my local TA thats big in Australia and New Zealand to price match as they have a statement about matching fares. Generally they can get pretty close to the American sites and in a couple of instances even better. . If they don't match then use the American sites. I've used one of the biggest a few times and never had a problem. On this site you're not allowed to name specific Travel Companies however I'm sure you can work it out.