Theme Nights on Princess Ships

Wondering if Princess still have themed nights on Australian sailings. We are on Golden Princess next month and to assist with packing were wondering if there are Island, Pirate or similar themed nights or are they more Nationality based like Italian, German or French nights.

They have themes in the MDRs (French, Italian) and the waiters wear appropriate outfits but they are not fancy dress for passengers.

Sometimes there are themed pool parties - Island, White Night. I'm not sure how many people participate in those though. One White Night was the sailaway from Port Vila and very few people were dressed in white. I did see a fair number of people dressed in Western outfits on one cruise, heading for one of the bars one night.

I can't recall seeing any pre-cruise notices about theme nights either.

No theme nights as such. The 'White Nights' were probably on P&O. Princess have a country and western party where people are invited to wear check shirts etc. The party is after dinner. Some people dress up, but many don't.

Never seen one of those on any of my Princess cruises, seems there's no set pattern.

All I've seen are nights in the restaurant like Italian or French, where the staff dress in theme and the menu is somewhat to theme.

Never seen one of those on any of my Princess cruises, seems there's no set pattern.

All I've seen are nights in the restaurant like Italian or French, where the staff dress in theme and the menu is somewhat to theme.

Likewise.

No theme nights as such. The 'White Nights' were probably on P&O. Princess have a country and western party where people are invited to wear check shirts etc. The party is after dinner. Some people dress up, but many don't.

The White Night I mentioned was on Sun Princess, last August, during the sailaway from Port Vila. It was held at the Sundowners Bar, aft on the Lido deck and Princess provided soem very nice canapes. Not many people wore white though. There had been no notice of themes before the cruise that I can recall, just a note in the daily Patter. I think there was also a late evening Island Night pool part one night on that cruise.

• 11 months later...

I think since Princess had there 50th anniversary (two - three years ago) and the "Love Boat Disco Party", Princess has seems to have ditched Theme Nights for passengers.

It will be interesting to see what they do on the Majestic in October 2018.