Why I’ll only cruise Princess

honey8572

I had two 7d cruises booked, both with non refundable deposits,held by future cruise deposits. I found a HI round trip cruise 3/11/19 that would fit perfectly, but I didn’t know how to book it. Princess cancelled both 7d cruises, let me keep the FCDs and transferred the $4000 already paid on the one 7d cruise that was after final payment, so the HI cruise is now more than halfway paid.:)

While we do still sometimes "sleep around", Princess is ALWAYS our 1st Choice.

It's not just our Elite perts which are very good; but also, we feel "at home" on Princess ships and is where "we belong"! (y) :champagne-toast:

I had two 7d cruises booked, both with non refundable deposits,held by future cruise deposits. I found a HI round trip cruise 3/11/19 that would fit perfectly, but I didn’t know how to book it. Princess cancelled both 7d cruises, let me keep the FCDs and transferred the $4000 already paid on the one 7d cruise that was after final payment, so the HI cruise is now more than halfway paid.:)

To each his own but I'll never understand the loyalty to only one cruise line. Especially if one loves cruising as a whole. To me,it's missing out on other ships and lines that have pluses and minuses but different and not necessarily bad.

While we do still sometimes "sleep around", Princess is ALWAYS our 1st Choice.

It's not just our Elite perts which are very good; but also, we feel "at home" on Princess ships and is where "we belong"! (y) :champagne-toast:

I totally agree with you LuLu on this one. :)

Tony

I’m not a “Princess only” person, but they are currently my first pick.

Celebrity could overtake them except for two issues

On board costs in US$ v Princess in Aus$ and prices similar, means Princess saves me around 25-30%.

Celebrity don’t offer many round trips and Mrs Gut isn’t allowed fly.

P&O (Aus) not our cup of tea

Cunard was good but expensive.

About to try Norwegian.

The last two have pretty limited presence in Australia.

It is really nice that the OP was treated well by Princess :). That being said, as long time cruisers (over forty years) we would never even consider restricting our cruising to a single line :).

Hank

We have tried pretty much all mass market lines, but lately have been strictly Princess. I do shop around for almost every cruise and after comparing ALL costs (not just listed pp fair, but entire cost of cabin plus flights) Princess is normally cheapest or next up. Granted I have excluded Carnival from my calcs all together (never again!).

We are about to hit Elite after last set of B2B cant wait!

Edited by nattie
spelling

We have tried pretty much all mass market lines, but lately have been strictly Princess. I do shop around for almost every cruise and after comparing ALL costs (not just listed pp fair, but entire cost of cabin plus flights) Princess is normally cheapest or next up. Granted I have excluded Carnival from my calcs all together (never again!).

We are about to hit Elite after last set of B2B cant wait!

Love Princess after 35 cruises with them. Have cruised other lines as well

Completely agree with the quote. Have been elite for several years obviously very nice on very long cruises. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have cruised over 50 times, with 2 dozen of those with Princess.

We are known to 'sleep around' (hahaha ... had to steal it!) and find great joy in having different experiences on many different cruise lines. However, once you've hit that elite level, it's hard to cruise without the perks of the captain's club status.

I enjoy Celebrity a LOT but they have pretty much abandoned us here on the west coast. They have a sailing once in a while out of California but the last one we booked with them out of SF, the ship was chartered, even though it worked out well, we were left in limbo for a while. Looks like the same is happening with the next one we've booked with them out of LA. Princess sails right out of SF, which is pretty much in our backyard so no effort or extra days spent traveling to and from the pier. And, they do offer a very nice product!

Glad to hear the OP was treated well with Princess changing her cruise without any penalty. That kind of service keeps passengers loyal!!

We have cruised over 50 times, with 2 dozen of those with Princess.

We are known to 'sleep around' (hahaha ... had to steal it!) and find great joy in having different experiences on many different cruise lines. However, once you've hit that elite level, it's hard to cruise without the perks of the captain's club status.

I enjoy Celebrity a LOT but they have pretty much abandoned us here on the west coast. They have a sailing once in a while out of California but the last one we booked with them out of SF, the ship was chartered, even though it worked out well, we were left in limbo for a while. Looks like the same is happening with the next one we've booked with them out of LA. Princess sails right out of SF, which is pretty much in our backyard so no effort or extra days spent traveling to and from the pier. And, they do offer a very nice product!

Glad to hear the OP was treated well with Princess changing her cruise without any penalty. That kind of service keeps passengers loyal!!

So you are being honest!

Elite status on Princess.

Princess goes out of SF.

You do other cruise lines.

If other cruise lines went out of SF you would use them.

Many of us cruise based on many different criteria. Perks, ship, ports, etc.

Never have we selected 1 line because of 1 event, good or bad.

Every day people experience 1 type of event.

Happy Cruising!

We prefer Princess but use NCL because we love to cruise out of New Orleans. The atmosphere on Princess vs. NCL is so different. I know this is terrible to say, but I feel like I'm in Wal-Mart when we are on NCL.

Not fond of Royal Caribbean, either. Their newer ships feel like amusement parks to us.

So you are being honest!

Elite status on Princess.

Princess goes out of SF.

You do other cruise lines.

If other cruise lines went out of SF you would use them.

Many of us cruise based on many different criteria. Perks, ship, ports, etc.

Never have we selected 1 line because of 1 event, good or bad.

Every day people experience 1 type of event.

Happy Cruising!

In a heartbeat!! Variety is the spice of life!

We prefer Princess but use NCL because we love to cruise out of New Orleans. The atmosphere on Princess vs. NCL is so different. I know this is terrible to say, but I feel like I'm in Wal-Mart when we are on NCL.

Not fond of Royal Caribbean, either. Their newer ships feel like amusement parks to us.

I agree...we cruised once on Norwegian out of NOLA and loved that experience but... didn’t like Norwegian like we do Princess. Would we do it again? Maybe to enjoy NOLA!

We prefer Princess but use NCL because we love to cruise out of New Orleans. The atmosphere on Princess vs. NCL is so different. I know this is terrible to say, but I feel like I'm in Wal-Mart when we are on NCL. Not fond of Royal Caribbean, either. Their newer ships feel like amusement parks to us.

Princess is more Tarģet like. 😉😉😉

Live in Virginia so port location isn't a big deal, East Coast, West Coast flights are competitive. I've found that MSC Elite level match makes them pretty competitive with Princess. I"ve not cruised with them, but, next spring looks very nice in terms of benefits and prices.