Riviera Deck

alonzo14

Hi I’m new to Princess. I’ve sailed with all the other mainstream lines so Princess is my only holdout. We are taking a 10 day Christmas cruise with my son and his family on the Crown Princess December 17-27, 2018. We are on the Riviera deck and I was wondering if there is a door on this deck leading out to the Terrace pool area. :D

Hi I’m new to Princess. I’ve sailed with all the other mainstream lines so Princess is my only holdout. We are taking a 10 day Christmas cruise with my son and his family on the Crown Princess December 17-27, 2018. We are on the Riviera deck and I was wondering if there is a door on this deck leading out to the Terrace pool area. :D

Yes there is. Go out the door at the end of the passageway and up a few steps and you will be by the pool. The deck plans don't show it properly but it is there and I have done it.

be very careful going in and out of that "secret" door

it's very heavy, and with the wind can easily slam back at ya...

and there is about a 2-3 inch 'lip' that you must step over ( prevents water from coming back into the hall from the pool area

and the steps can be very slick from the water/pool

with all those negatives...we absolutely love booking an interior room back in that location for our own 'balcony, bar, and buffet for snacks', but now mostly we will just go up the regular aft stairs to go up to the lido deck...mobility and safety and all..:cool:

be very careful going in and out of that "secret" door

it's very heavy, and with the wind can easily slam back at ya...

and there is about a 2-3 inch 'lip' that you must step over ( prevents water from coming back into the hall from the pool area

and the steps can be very slick from the water/pool

with all those negatives...we absolutely love booking an interior room back in that location for our own 'balcony, bar, and buffet for snacks', but now mostly we will just go up the regular aft stairs to go up to the lido deck...mobility and safety and all..:cool:

Thanks for the info on these rooms. I'm in R744 for my Feb cruise to Hawaii and so excited about the location of this cabin. This will be my first inside in like 10 years or so but it's the location that makes it a non issue.

Thanks for all the info. I have the funny shaped balcony room booked for a Hawaii cruise in February. Am so excited. Is the pool a smoking area? If so is it the whole pool area or just one side of ship? Which side? Hoping not my side :( Thank you everyone

Yes there is.

Thanks for all the info. I have the funny shaped balcony room booked for a Hawaii cruise in February. Am so excited. Is the pool a smoking area? If so is it the whole pool area or just one side of ship? Which side? Hoping not my side :( Thank you everyone

One side. IIRC, the smoking area is on the left as you face the Outrigger Bar. It's up the stairs on the level where the bar is located.