Current price of the gopro hero 5 or 6 on board Princess ships

toeloop

• 4 weeks later...
Not sure of the ship price but just recently bought a GoPro 5 for an upcoming cruise for $249.00. The prices are out there you just have to search and keep your eyes open.

Thanks for the info but that really wouldn’t work for me. We’re in Canada so the item will be about 30% more expensive. Also, looking to purchase on Island Princess in September... we’ll have a fair amount of OBC available and that may make the Princess price attractive (let alone not having to import it via FedEx or UPS!!).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless you have a lot of onboard credits and nothing else to spend it on be prepared to spend top dollar for whichever one they are currently selling. I bought a Hero 4 a couple of years ago. The only thing that made it a decent deal it is that I got to know the photo guy and he threw in some pictures of us that were taken on the cruise. Otherwise, lesson learned, it is better to buy before the cruise. Example, Costco currently has a Hero 5 Black bundle (case and some accessories and memory card) for about $300.00. Plus Costco has a generous return policy if you have any problems with the camera. Last November the same camera with no accessories was close to $600.00 on the Star. Generally speaking, there are no real deals on cameras on the ship that I have ever seen.

Edit: I see on your last post that you do have onboard credit. Just know that you will likely pay high retail for the camera. Bring a high speed mini SD card if you plan on buying the camera. The camera doesn't have one included and the ones on the ship are pretty high priced.

Unless you have a lot of onboard credits and nothing else to spend it on be prepared to spend top dollar for whichever one they are currently selling. I bought a Hero 4 a couple of years ago. The only thing that made it a decent deal it is that I got to know the photo guy and he threw in some pictures of us that were taken on the cruise. Otherwise, lesson learned, it is better to buy before the cruise. Example, Costco currently has a Hero 5 Black bundle (case and some accessories and memory card) for about $300.00. Plus Costco has a generous return policy if you have any problems with the camera. Last November the same camera with no accessories was close to $600.00 on the Star. Generally speaking, there are no real deals on cameras on the ship that I have ever seen.

Edit: I see on your last post that you do have onboard credit. Just know that you will likely pay high retail for the camera.

As you say.... I’m anticipating having a fairly considerable bit of OBC. I see that the Hero 6 is going for about USD 400 right now so that provides a pretty decent baseline for onboard ‘shopping’.

As you say.... I’m anticipating having a fairly considerable bit of OBC. I see that the Hero 6 is going for about USD 400 right now so that provides a pretty decent baseline for onboard ‘shopping’.

Sounds like you have a good plan. BTW, hope you noticed my extra edit about bringing a memory card as none is included with the camera.

Sounds like you have a good plan. BTW, hope you noticed my extra edit about bringing a memory card as none is included with the camera.

No, I didn’t see the edit about the memory card but thanks for the reminder. Those things can set you back $30-40 depending on the capacity.

As was previously stated, there are no "sales" onboard. When we were on the Emerald last May I don't believe they were selling the 6, only the 5. It was at the normal list price without tax of course. They have also started renting a GoPro package by the day. You will also need to bring a charger. It comes with a cable USB-A to USB-C but not the charger,

:cool:Bought the Hero 5 onboard the Royal this past January for $299. Used OBC also. Do some research about purchasing the correct sd card prior to purchasing. Also, Amazon had all the accessories I needed for around $20!

Janet

Hello

Might anyone who sailed recently, or is on currently on board know what Princess is selling the gopro hero 5 or 6 for?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

B&H is currently selling the GoPro 6 for $399 and includes a 64gb card

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=go%20pro%206&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Howard