Pacific Princess (post refurbishment) tour

CCruiser1234

What a great video, thank you so much for posting it. We sailed her on the canal cruise right before her refurbishment. She quickly became my favorite Princess ship. I am looking forward to the possibility of booking a cruise on her in 2020.....:):):)

Bob

What a great video, thank you so much for posting it. We sailed her on the canal cruise right before her refurbishment. She quickly became my favorite Princess ship. I am looking forward to the possibility of booking a cruise on her in 2020.....:):):)

Bob

You may want to move up your date. rumours swirling that she's going to Azamara.

Great video of my favorite ship. I've sailed on her several times including 5 weeks in 2015 to Alaska and then the Official 50th Anniversary cruise with the entire Love Boat cast. Fantastic memories :)

Bob

Thank you. I remember following your blog LA-FLL in May ‘17! You were also in a suite.. ours may have been a one-off there [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video of my favorite ship. I've sailed on her several times including 5 weeks in 2015 to Alaska and then the Official 50th Anniversary cruise with the entire Love Boat cast. Fantastic memories :)

Thanks! Lucky you!dfd604449fac94e33f51bf1a423393b0.jpg

2 - points...

1st - The Pacific really needed a refresh, compared to the Ocean before she left the fleet, IMO the Pacific was getting tired

2nd - Remember Princess refurbished the Ocean after renaming her from the Tahitian , and within 2 years she was gone.

So, if history is any clue, the writing might be on the wall for the future of the Pacific, with the Sky coming online next year

Srpilo

Thanks! Lucky you!dfd604449fac94e33f51bf1a423393b0.jpg

LOL I was standing about 10 feet to the right just out of frame when that photo was taken. Every one of the cast was fantastic, just regular people. :)

Wow, beautiful ship! We are booked on her for the Ireland, Wales and Scotland cruise from Dover, England on Aug 17, 2019 and can't wait to board her! Hopefully she is still the ship for this cruise next summer!

Thank you.. I thought so!

She will be. Don’t let the other posts, however misplaced, scare you off of a 2019 booking.

As for 2020 and beyond, that will be known by April 2018, publicly, when Princess’ schedule for that year is published.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss/showcase her refurbishment since June 2017, not to talk about any possible sale as others have done [emoji846]

I think she's already for sale! Note the logo on the TV in photo 10. Photos taken before the refurb.

http://www.qpsships.com/copy-of-passengercar-ferry-2230-passen

Princess owned several R Class ships other than the Pacific. As far as sale to Azamara, I think it's just a rumor. They spent a good bit of money with the refurbishment. I also heard several rumors that the PP would remain in the fleet at least 6-7 more years (from last year).....

Bob

Princess owned several R Class ships other than the Pacific. As far as sale to Azamara, I think it's just a rumor. They spent a good bit of money with the refurbishment. I also heard several rumors that the PP would remain in the fleet at least 6-7 more years (from last year).....

Bob

That's what I've heard as well.

Please watch at the highest resolution possible, including on a 4K television (The format in which I filmed).

Enjoy [emoji4]

~Bob

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmCdKjjN4xKZqMWKSwbqq_ygPR8Qa2RW5

Very nice! I also watched your video of suite 8067. Could you hear any noise from the public deck immediately above?

Very nice! I also watched your video of suite 8067. Could you hear any noise from the public deck immediately above?

Thank you!

Yes, a little. That suite is directly under the starboard aft portion of the café’s outside ‘porch’. You will inevitably hear a little bit of scraping as staff move furniture about 6 o’clock each morning.

Cheers,

Bob

That logo says Princess, but not Pacific.

And in the last photo of the pool deck it appears to say Ocean Princess above the painting of the compass.

So this is either an old listing or (highly unlikely) Oceania is putting out feelers for Sirena only two years after purchase from Princess and a major refit--but using out of date stock photos of the previous incarnation in the ad.

Thank you!

Yes, a little. That suite is directly under the starboard aft portion of the café’s outside ‘porch’. You will inevitably hear a little bit of scraping as staff move furniture about 6 o’clock each morning.

Cheers,

Bob

We thought there might be. Off topic perhaps but you showed the Club Class dining area. I know the regular MDR is traditional dining only, but is it the same for Club Class? Or is that part anytime? Thanks again for sharing, as you may be able to tell we are considering a future cruise on this ship so I'm doing a little snooping!

We thought there might be. Off topic perhaps but you showed the Club Class dining area. I know the regular MDR is traditional dining only, but is it the same for Club Class? Or is that part anytime? Thanks again for sharing, as you may be able to tell we are considering a future cruise on this ship so I'm doing a little snooping!

Off-topic away! anything you like, I love that ship.

With respect, take a close look again at that video, especially on a large screen television...

There is a text overlay that right after the “club bar” is the entrance to the main dining room. The first text overlay you see, bottom center, says “club class dining”; followed a few seconds later by “main dining room”.

There are the same physical room but sectioned off with a rope, and containing different tableware and service. This is the only time with Princess Cruises that this occurs- it is my understanding that all other ships have their own physical dining room.

Bear in mind that a full suite is automatically is Club Class dining.

Keep the questions coming, I’m happy to help.

By the way... at the very end of the “Panorama Buffet” section of the video, you see a man that slightly resembles Fred Flintstone (IMO) pouring coffee.. that is Antonio, the Head Waiter. He will make special treats for you adjacent to your table only for the club class dining section. He is amazing !

For additional pictures and details, as you wish, give me your email address and I will continue a dialogue there.

Cheers,

Bob

Off-topic away! anything you like, I love that ship.

With respect, take a close look again at that video, especially on a large screen television...

There is a text overlay that right after the “club bar” is the entrance to the main dining room. The first text overlay you see, bottom center, says “club class dining”; followed a few seconds later by “main dining room”.

There are the same physical room but sectioned off with a rope, and containing different tableware and service. This is the only time with Princess Cruises that this occurs- it is my understanding that all other ships have their own physical dining room.

Bear in mind that a full suite is automatically is Club Class dining.

Keep the questions coming, I’m happy to help.

By the way... at the very end of the “Panorama Buffet” section of the video, you see a man that slightly resembles Fred Flintstone (IMO) pouring coffee.. that is Antonio, the Head Waiter. He will make special treats for you adjacent to your table only for the club class dining section. He is amazing !

For additional pictures and details, as you wish, give me your email address and I will continue a dialogue there.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks again. What I'd like to know is if you have to dine at a set time for Club Class or if you can go any time. It is my understanding that you can only dine at your preassigned time in the non-Club Class part of the dining room, I just didn't know if those same rules applied to Club Class. We have dined in Club Class on other ships and can go whenever we want, hoping it is the same for the Pacific Princess!

Thanks again. What I'd like to know is if you have to dine at a set time for Club Class or if you can go any time. It is my understanding that you can only dine at your preassigned time in the non-Club Class part of the dining room, I just didn't know if those same rules applied to Club Class. We have dined in Club Class on other ships and can go whenever we want, hoping it is the same for the Pacific Princess!

CC dine whenever you like, 17.30-21.00 was our range.

CC dine whenever you like, 17.30-21.00 was our range.

Thanks for the information and for sharing the wonderful video. It's definitely putting the Pacific Princess at the top of the list for a cruise in 2019!