Elite but under 21-Coffee Benefits instead of minibar?

CruisinFinsUp

Hi, our 18 year old daughter sailed solo last cruise as our son was at camp. She got two credits so she beat us to Elite by one cruise. :rolleyes:

(She is the "cruisintoddler" from my rather shortsighted screen name)

On our next cruise she will be 19 and Elite.

The Princess website and brochures show the minibar setup under Elite with an asterisk saying only over 21's.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Will she be able to get the coffee card package instead of minibar setup? Or will she just not qualify for that benefit at all as she is under 21. She loves her coffees!

Thanks much!

Totally inaccurate response. There is only one mini bar set up . If Mom is in the cabin, that is all you get. Daughter not getting anything. The one total mini bar set up can be changed for two coffee cards (now put on your cruise card) not soda and more . Soda and more is not an exchange for the mini bar setup.

Thanks for your replies.

We don't want the mini bar. We purchase the big drink package.

We will still be platinum next cruise, she'll already be elite. She is the only one of us elite until the end of the next cruise as she got two credits for cruising solo in the cabin last cruise.

I'm aware of the non alcoholic exchange possibility. My guess is that if that is possible, so will the coffee cards be possible.

Or, neither will be permitted as she is under 21 and won't qualify for the perk at all.

I think I'll wait til we are onboard and enquire of the captain's circle host, and if not buy her coffee cards then.

Thanks again!

This is a question you should ask your TA or Princess
ould

Only appropriate response. All the others should have RTFQ. The under 21yrs old thing is an interesting question. Hopefully Princess "should" be able to answer. Good Luck, post what they say.

ould

Only appropriate response. All the others should have RTFQ. The under 21yrs old thing is an interesting question. Hopefully Princess "should" be able to answer. Good Luck, post what they say.

I doubt this is anything the land based Princess folk can address with any accuracy at all, given my personal experience as well as that of most folks here.

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with the situation.

If its not obvious when we board (explanation card of some sort in her room) I'll talk to the captain's circle rep on board - even they might not "know" and have to "think about it". I think this will be more common though in the next few years as many family cruisers turn 18. Princess will have to determine their policy.

Thanks though!

(Ps. What is "RTFQ"? Never seen that one before )

I doubt this is anything the land based Princess folk can address with any accuracy at all, given my personal experience as well as that of most folks here.

I was wondering if anyone here had experience with the situation.

If its not obvious when we board (explanation card of some sort in her room) I'll talk to the captain's circle rep on board - even they might not "know" and have to "think about it". I think this will be more common though in the next few years as many family cruisers turn 18. Princess will have to determine their policy.

Thanks though!

(Ps. What is "RTFQ"? Never seen that one before )

RTFQ - Read The (Full) Question

Totally inaccurate response. There is only one mini bar set up . If Mom is in the cabin, that is all you get. Daughter not getting anything. The one total mini bar set up can be changed for two coffee cards (now put on your cruise card) not soda and more . Soda and more is not an exchange for the mini bar setup.

You are correct there is one mini bar for the Elite member NOT totally inaccurate , do you feel superior now Sandiegosue?

Hi, our 18 year old daughter sailed solo last cruise as our son was at camp. She got two credits so she beat us to Elite by one cruise. :rolleyes:

The Princess website and brochures show the minibar setup under Elite with an asterisk saying only over 21's.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Will she be able to get the coffee card package instead of minibar setup? Or will she just not qualify for that benefit at all as she is under 21. She loves her coffees!

Thanks much!

It says "For passengers 21 and over, complimentary mini-bar set-up is one time only, per stateroom." I interpret that to mean she gets no part of this benefit.

Thanks much!

Love your comment about your screen name.

Unfortunately our 20 year old in his own cabin did not get the benefit on the Crown several years ago...but never hurts to ask....we did not bother.

This will be her 16th credit, right? Some think it starts on the 15th.

Have a great cruise.

WE have two granddaughters that are or soon will be qualified for Elite- One is 12 and the other is 16. Neither one gets a card other than Blue; their parents each "take" one and both cabins get the mini bar/coffee card but not for the girls. Since their are no coffee drinkers or booze drinkers either, all is traded out for soda.

2 Elites (over 21..;p) in a suite for a 7 day cruise - how many mini-bar setups will be delivered?:confused:

Let me see this is a tough one......I got it....none will be delivered, one setup will already be in your cabin when you arrive....

Re: the OP...she is not elite, daughter is but under 21, no one in the 2 cabins they book will get a mini bar setup. If daughter is sharing a cabin with OP.......still no one will get a setup, cause OP is not Elite.

2 Elites (over 21..;p) in a suite for a 7 day cruise - how many mini-bar setups will be delivered?:confused:
You will be entitled to one per cabin for being Elite and one per cabin for being in a suite. They might only deliver one to you to start with. You could keep both or exchange one for 2 coffee packages or other options such as a bottle of wine up to I believe $40 or eight 1.5 liter bottles of water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will be entitled to one per cabin for being Elite and one per cabin for being in a suite. They might only deliver one to you to start with. You could keep both or exchange one for 2 coffee packages or other options such as a bottle of wine up to I believe $40 or eight 1.5 liter bottles of water.

Precisely. You have to call an request the second one, and be prepared with that call to request any exchanges on the first set up that was waiting in your suite as well.

How hilarious........ was wondering why posters did not pick up on the OP not being elite and I totally miss the suite in the query.

Way to go IE.....

The mom isn't Elite yet, so they might set the mini bar up if she is in the cabin.

How hilarious........ was wondering why posters did not pick up on the OP not being elite and I totally miss the suite in the query.

Way to go IE.....

Partly hilarious - as the OP isn't in a suite (or at least makes no mention of it), nor was IE above answering the OPs question..

They were responding to comments later on, by a different poster:

Partly hilarious - as the OP isn't in a suite (or at least makes no mention of it), nor was IE above answering the OPs question..

They were responding to comments later on, by a different poster:

Yes, I understood that.....I was referring to Voljeep's original question and quoted IE so post was directed to them.

I always assume people are following the thread...and you know what that means.....LOL...

Seems often on CC, many post without critically reading the OP query, this thread, is a perfect example.

Edited by land lover