I just don't get cruising with Stuffed Animals

Catrin

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

I just recently read the start of a review and the couple was shown with a mascot of sorts... stuffed animal in the pictures.

and... saw another review with an Angry Bird all over the ship.

then I saw one with a pirate stuffed doll of some sort.

Can I just say..... I don't get it! :) Some of it is cute, while most is a bit ridiculous.

It reminds me of "Flat Stanley" that I made my kids take to the ball park one year.

Can't we just leave the toys at home? :p

Catrin

I'm with ya. Don't get it either. I can understand for kids but not adults.

I'm with ya. Don't get it either. I can understand for kids but not adults.

'like and agree' button

My DH thought I was nuts for buying DGS a build-a-bear lion. It was just us 2 on the cruise so I had to hand carry the little cute box with the lion head sticking out.

Yeah it was cute carrying it through CBP and then TSA.

I just could not be focused on worrying about the thing on excursions and such.

I think it's sort of like the Travelling Gnome thing. You take a mascot of some sort and take a picture of whatever places you go to. It's just a fun way to remember your vacation. And you could possibly think of the stuffed animal or what have you as standing in your place since it's awfully hard to take a photo of yourself visiting such and such location.

Is it silly? Sure, but it's no fun being serious all the time. :) Just my two cents.

It's called having fun... some of us do it in different ways. I have a stuffed Mickey Mouse that travels with us (like the travelling Gnome thing). Why question someone having fun? I guess I like having fun in my own way, and I won't apologize for it.

On our last cruise we traveled with a plastic penquin and a plastic california raisin. They were only a few inches tall and both fit on a stick. We took pictures with them all over the ship. Did they have a purpose? Yes, the penquin was for my father since we couldn't talk him into going on the cruise with us and the california raisin was for my m-i-l because she collects them and loves goofy pictures. It was fun and didn't hurt anyone. But no, I don't think I'll be doing it again. Almost lost one of the little buggers overboard one timel.:eek:

I packed a couple black kitties for our Halloween cruise and took pictures of them sitting next to our towel animals each evening. I think the steward had fun with them, too, because a couple of times they would have them positioned next to the towel animals. Besides, I missed my kitty we had to leave at home. :( They made us smile.

It's called having fun... some of us do it in different ways. I have a stuffed Mickey Mouse that travels with us (like the travelling Gnome thing). Why question someone having fun? I guess I like having fun in my own way, and I won't apologize for it.

Yeah, no reason you should have to, either. I mean, unless you're asking people to carry it for you, what's it to anyone else?

Oh, wait a minute--you don't give Mickey his own pool chair, do you????? :eek:

Yeah, no reason you should have to, either. I mean, unless you're asking people to carry it for you, what's it to anyone else?

Oh, wait a minute--you don't give Mickey his own pool chair, do you????? :eek:

Hey, Floyd got his own chair:cool:

2137584790105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

Wait! before you guys flame me, the chair was on our balcony, see, I have proof. Poor Floyd got neglected after a while..:mad:

2370479830105995419S600x600Q85.jpg

We do it to have fun.. and since this thread opened up the door. I just can't understand why people worry about what other people do!

angrybird.jpg

YEAH!!! LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

and as the poster of the original Angry Bird thread I say.... lighten the heck up! Is it hurting you? Is it offending you somehow? I'm not really sure why you HAVE to get it..... If you don't get it, move on, and make your plans for your on board bridge tournament and participate in the moaning and arguing in the next smoking thread.

But to start a whole topic about not getting something...really?

Edited by StingRaysfan
  • Like 2

YEAH!!! LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

and as the poster of the original Angry Bird thread I say.... lighten the heck up! Is it hurting you? Is it offending you somehow? I'm not really sure why you HAVE to get it..... If you don't get it, move on, and make your plans for your on board bridge tournament and participate in the moaning and arguing in the next smoking thread.

But to start a whole topic about not getting something...really?

SUPER LIKE!!

It's really not our business to worry about what some take on vacation with them. If they like it, great. If you don't, stop living vicariously through their photos and get your own life. What are we 4th graders?

We do it to have fun.. and since this thread opened up the door. I just can't understand why people worry about what other people do!

Because the average person who believes that is a hypocrite.

Lets say you see some youth walking down the ships hall with "Baggy" pants on (those that hang down below thier arse so you can see their skivvies) with one off their hands holding them up so they don't hit the floor.

Does everyone think that is OK?

I will be the first to admit .....pull your darn pants up,it looks rediculous to me.

But really,.....stuffed animals are inscribed with meaning by their owners and in their act of acquisition. They are, a fetish of our own making, and a fixation that provides no easy solutions. (Transculture,thanks to Walter Putnam)

Edited by cruisecruisecruise2011