Ocean Medallion on Regal Princess

skennedy25

From a passengers point of view, is the ***** anything more than a different kind of room key? It seems that most of the benefits go to Princess.

It speeds up the embarkation process, allows them to ID you anywhere on board and offer you opportunities to buy more stuff, provides them with data on passenger movement and tells them which spaces get utilized and when. I don't see a lot of upsides for me as a passenger.

Exactly. Not sure why some people (on other threads) have cancelled or threatened to cancel trips because ***** isn't ready.

Royal has the wristbands - I stopped wearing it and used the card key because I didn't like it on my wrist; it also didn't seem to work on some of the slot machines.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a lot of difference for the passenger between a medallion and a "card".

Actually, The Regal Princess will be back from its European rotation on September 22nd docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Port. We cruise on the Regal on the 22nd for a 7 day New England/Canada itinerary. Our cruise returns to Brooklyn, NY on September 29th.

Would be appreciative of an update as we are sailing Regal on Sept 29.

I would agree that the Medallion may have man overboard capability but, can you absolutely verify that a person going overboard is going to have the medallion on them since there is no real mandate to use it, and since the medallion is an electrical device -- just like a cell phone -- has it been tested as being water proof?

There were pictures of kids swimming with them.

Hello everyone!

I just spoke to my princess travel agent yesterday asking about ***** we sail oct 13th on regal and she said I’m is not ready for all cabins. Some will have them but not the whole ship if that helps ☺️

::chuckes::

That's been true since last November, and Regal has stayed with the original 110 cabins since.

The question is now that Caribbean is at IOC (Initial Operating Capability), what is Team Ocean

going to do next and when?

Yes, please keep us informed. I am on the Nov 18 sailing. We have paid in full. If they are 100%, then i think i would have been notified that we were getting *****.

We are on the same voyage as you. I am hoping that, with how fast they were able to roll out the service to each deck (one new deck per week starting the week after we left the CB), that we may have a chance at using the ***** in November. To what degree the functionality of the ***** is working is a different story.

We are on the same voyage as you. I am hoping that, with how fast they were able to roll out the service to each deck (one new deck per week starting the week after we left the CB), that we may have a chance at using the ***** in November. To what degree the functionality of the ***** is working is a different story.

I am hoping with them knowing what the issues were, they now can get the stuff installed a little quicker. If there any features I would like by the time it comes around, but I am not counting on it, is the ability toorder drinks and some food when sitting by the pool. Also wouldn't mind the ability for it to work at checkin. We are in a mini suite on Aloha deck, so I am keeping my fingers crosses

I am hoping with them knowing what the issues were, they now can get the stuff installed a little quicker. If there any features I would like by the time it comes around, but I am not counting on it, is the ability toorder drinks and some food when sitting by the pool. Also wouldn't mind the ability for it to work at checkin. We are in a mini suite on Aloha deck, so I am keeping my fingers crosses

We are in a Deluxe Balcony on Lido. I’m hoping that, since half of Lido is already ***** ready, that we get word that we’ll be included too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, The Regal Princess will be back from its European rotation on September 22nd docking at the Brooklyn Cruise Port. We cruise on the Regal on the 22nd for a 7 day New England/Canada itinerary. Our cruise returns to Brooklyn, NY on September 29th.

we sail to New England on the 29th. Don't suppose you could post your princess patter on here so we can get an idea of what is available before we actually sail. Thanks! It is our first time on Princess- I have benn on RC twice

YIKES!! a038.gifThis thread went from which cabins have the Ocean Medallion installed on Regal to man-overboard!! a096.gif

Does anyone know which decks & staterooms have it? There was a thread, once upon a time, that listed them. I've searched 'n searched to no avail!! a045.gif

YIKES!! a038.gifThis thread went from which cabins have the Ocean Medallion installed on Regal to man-overboard!! a096.gif

Does anyone know which decks & staterooms have it? There was a thread, once upon a time, that listed them. I've searched 'n searched to no avail!! a045.gif

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54982054&postcount=9

YMMV

We will be on Regal first two weeks of December. Made final payment on Monday. Our confirmation states "Medallion Class." I'm not sure what that means. (Cabin is C605). Princess site still shows this cruise as "Medallion Preview."

C605 was not an ocean medallion cabin on the August 6 cruise. They may have it updated by then.

Just came off the Regal today. It seemed like most, if not all, the ***** cabins were forward of the forward elevators on decks 15 and 16. We still do not understand the big deal as it's primarily a room key. There was not any work being done to expand the *****...as of this morning. When we said goodby to an Officer friend I said we might be back on the Regal next year and expected to still be using a cruise card. He laughed and said it might be the same in 2 years :). The staff is really tired of all the questions and complaints about the missing *****.

Hank

Just came off the Regal today. It seemed like most, if not all, the ***** cabins were forward of the forward elevators on decks 15 and 16. We still do not understand the big deal as it's primarily a room key. There was not any work being done to expand the *****...as of this morning. When we said goodby to an Officer friend I said we might be back on the Regal next year and expected to still be using a cruise card. He laughed and said it might be the same in 2 years :). The staff is really tired of all the questions and complaints about the missing *****.

Hank

I imagine in 5 years it will all be outdated. :rolleyes:

Here it is almost a year after the first big Regal Medallion failure.

Hank

Three items for your consideration.

• Ocean Medallion is for ship operations. The hype is to get us to wear the things.

• Ocean Medallion achieved IOC¹ for all passengers on Caribbean Princess this month.

It's expected Regal will do the same over a two to three week period next month.

¹ A military term ("initial operational capability"), dunno what term Princess actually uses.

• Ocean Medallion achieved IOC¹ for all passengers on Caribbean Princess this month.

I don't think it's being used to embark/disembark.

The last post I read said that both one's medallion and one's care were being scanned.

I await more first-hand updates.

What was your experience?

Three items for your consideration.

• Ocean Medallion is for ship operations. The hype is to get us to wear the things.

It's expected Regal will do the same over a two to three week period next month.

¹ A military term ("initial operational capability"), dunno what term Princess actually uses.

We think your time frame is a bit optimistic. They need to modify door locks on over 1700 cabins.....just for starters. But they do have the sensors installed in the cabin bathrooms so I guess they can quickly begin monitoring bathroom time and marketing toilet paper to the appropriate passengers. ;)

Hank

We think your time frame is a bit optimistic. They need to modify door locks on over 1700 cabins.....just for starters. But they do have the sensors installed in the cabin bathrooms so I guess they can quickly begin monitoring bathroom time and marketing toilet paper to the appropriate passengers. ;)

Hank

OMG!!!! :D :D We are on the Regal November 1!!!! Will advise DH to watch those long bathroom times.... LMAO!!!

Hank

but look how quickly they got the Caribbean set. yes they need to add the other perks and are right now verifying the embarkation/disembarkation with it, but all the cabins have it. They only started in around April/May when the Regal headed over to Europe