La Cuisine Bourgeoise - Reviews??

su-arizona

I just booked La Cuisine Bourgeoise for our Riviera cruise in October. I've seen discussions of booking this, and I know some regulars (Mura and Jancruz, among others) said they've booked it...but I haven't seen any reviews or discussion of the food.

So...how was it? :wine-glass::D

Hope it was good, since I already paid for it!(yn)

I just booked La Cuisine Bourgeoise for our Riviera cruise in October. I've seen discussions of booking this, and I know some regulars (Mura and Jancruz, among others) said they've booked it...but I haven't seen any reviews or discussion of the food.

We recently returned from a TA on Marina. We had never done La Reserve before but decided to go for the La Cuisine Bourgeoise on this trip. The La Cuisine menu was not available pre-cruise but opened up once we were on board.

We enjoyed every aspect of the evening. As for the menu we especially partial to the souffle, fish course and the beef tenderloin offering. But in reality it was all wonderful.

We are not necessarily well-versed in French wine. But we really liked almost everything that was poured. And the pours were very generous!

Give us your review after your experience. Hope you enjoy!

Katie

We were on the Riviera last October when La Cuisine Bourgeoise was first introduced, we had not seen it on the list of other La Reserve menus but since Jacques is our favourite speciality restaurant we thought we would try it. The whole evening was amazing from the champagne and amuse bouche on deck to start and meeting the other diners to the Port and petit fours to finish. The food and wine pairings were spot on. Great experience and well worth the money.

I wish I could answer! We were looking forward to this menu but the ship lost our reservation! Our butler was on top of it and so we ended up at the Connoisseur menu -- although I credit Oceania for not charging us the difference in price between the two menus which IS significant.

We'll try again next time ...

But given that we've tried all the other menus, I doubt you'd be disappointed. We never have been.

Mura

I have been to all of the La Reserve dinners and I would rate the Bourgeoise dinner last - not because it wasn't good but I thought the portion sizes were too large.. Maybe that has changed because I went to one of the first ones where they brought out the whole platter of each course and then cut into portions tableside - done by one of the head office people.

That said, any La Reserve meal is special and I always book at least one on every cruise.

On my last Marina cruise, one couldn’t make reservations for that meal until onboard. Once onboard, the only night offered was the night we had the Privee booked! :mad:

1. It would have been near impossible to get all the Party’s schedules switch to do it.

2. The Privee was already completely booked up for the cruise, so we couldn’t have switched if we wanted to.

I wish they’d do booking for that meal in advance, as they do the others! We’re not on the Marina again until next February. Hopefully they change the system by then! We already have one night in Privee for a big wine dinner booked. I like to, in order:

1. Book La Reserve Dinners;

2. Book Privee;

3. Book Specialties.

Sometimes we end up doing #2 first, which limits which of #1 we can do. We always watch the Privee calendar to ensure it’s not filling up!

I’ll cancel a Polo Grill or Toscana reservation to get a La Reserve dinner, then attempt to rebook those venues for another evening. If I can’t no big loss. For Jacques or Red Ginger , I ensure I can get another acceptable reservation before I cancel what I have! My longest O ship cruise has been 16 days, and I’ve never been able to score a 2nd evening in Jacques when (day) we want it. All the other restaurants, yes, but never Jacques. We are therefore very protective of the reservation we have!

Oceania makes money selling me La Reserve dinners! Let me sign up for those dinners pre cruise, pre Specialties Reservation! I’ll happily support providing them additional revenue! Duh!

YMMV, but we were able to book Cuisine Bourgeoise in April for an upcoming November sailing by calling in.

It's only being offered on Sailaway night so far (which is dumb, but at least that's Day 2).

I hope they'll get enough people to put it on.

I thought I posted a review..

It was the least favorite of all my La Reserve dinners..lots of white sauce on almost every course..since I am not a fan of white sauce I did not eat most of the dinner..many of the people we were with felt the same..Even if it is paid for you can cancel and change if you are not a fan of white sauces..

Jancruz1

I just booked La Cuisine Bourgeoise yesterday for an October cruise (as I said when I began this thread). There were only 5 spaces available at that time.

So you can book it ahead. But it shows up online only as a menu, not as an available dining option. You need to call O and ask if it is available on your cruise, the date it is available, and make and pay for your booking on the phone. It was $112.10 per person, and it couldn't be added to my invoice (final payment is still a week away) - it had to be paid by credit card over the phone.

Hope they've omitted the white sauces! The menu doesn't show any white sauces...madeira sauce is the only listed sauce, and that can't be white. Maybe they've modified the menu...?

Anyway, thanks to all for your reviews.

We saw it when we boarded. We immediately booked & glad we did! We had booked Connoisseurs, but it cancelled due to not enough bookings. Bourgeoisie was among the finest meals we ever had at sea. QM2's Queens Grill is still our favorite(not by much) Each course is paired with a glass of wine. I'm not much of a drinker, so I had them pour only about 2oz. in each glass. They will give you a good serving of wine. It is a meal to be savored. You will not be rushed as it's an adventure. We're foodies & in the food industry, so we loved it. I won't go into detail about the courses, as I assume they will have changed somewhat from this past Jan. If you are adventuresome when it comes to dining, You'll not be disappointed. I'll see if I can find our menu & I give better details.

We saw it when we boarded. We immediately booked & glad we did! We had booked Connoisseurs, but it cancelled due to not enough bookings. Bourgeoisie was among the finest meals we ever had at sea. QM2's Queens Grill is still our favorite(not by much) Each course is paired with a glass of wine. I'm not much of a drinker, so I had them pour only about 2oz. in each glass. They will give you a good serving of wine. It is a meal to be savored. You will not be rushed as it's an adventure. We're foodies & in the food industry, so we loved it. I won't go into detail about the courses, as I assume they will have changed somewhat from this past Jan. If you are adventuresome when it comes to dining, You'll not be disappointed. I'll see if I can find our menu & I give better details.

Our experience tended more toward keithm than Jancruz. But everyone's tastes are different. As I recall on our May voyage, there were 2 white sauces, one of those being dessert.

A bonus for La Reserve was that we made friends with 3 couples and met them for tea, drinks, and dinner throughout our cruise. Look forward to sailing with them again.

So many good reasons to indulge at La Reserve!

-Katie

About the wine pairings...

We are winos, er, I mean we are aficionados of fine wine, or at least we are "fussy wine drinkers" ;)

We were mostly disappointed with the wines served at the La Reserve dinners.

The food was very good, and very nicely presented, and ambiance and conversation with others at the table added to the enjoyment.

However, although we had planned to do all 3 La Reserve dinners, after two of them, we cancelled the third.

Part of this decision was the fact that the regular food on board, including some favorite items at Specialty Restaurants, was just superb!

(And we then have a choice of some very nice wines.)

GC

About the wine pairings...

We are winos, er, I mean we are aficionados of fine wine, or at least we are "fussy wine drinkers" ;)

We were mostly disappointed with the wines served at the La Reserve dinners.

The food was very good, and very nicely presented, and ambiance and conversation with others at the table added to the enjoyment.

However, although we had planned to do all 3 La Reserve dinners, after two of them, we cancelled the third.

Part of this decision was the fact that the regular food on board, including some favorite items at Specialty Restaurants, was just superb!

(And we then have a choice of some very nice wines.)

GC

We met a couple referred to as the "Wine Guys" I believe they have their own web site. They teach sommeliers to know how to distinguish fine wines etc. They thought the wines served were more than adequate. More expensive wines could have raised the price considerably. It was a great group & we did "Hang" with the "Wine Guys" quite often.

I don’t think it is served this way now but the first picture shows how they presented the dish and then cut into individual portion. This is the dessert as you might guess

The second picture is the steak portion which was an entire meal by itself. To compare, the beef entree on the Connoisseur menu is 3 or 4 small cubes with a small sliver of mashed potatoes topped with edamame and the most amazing chocolate sauce.

The third pic is the lobster soufflé I believe.568b0751477dd9e83c54f737dfa01628.png778b353daece87c67218a212158ead9d.png808210dea0b92617b961385de46a12b4.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk