Balmoral or Blue Lagoon excursion - NCL port Bahamas

jessicak76

Curious if you do not get the VIP (Deluxe) package, and just the regular day package, are kayaks and paddleboards included? It looks like they are just sitting there on the beach in the pictures, but the web-site says all the water toys are an extra charge. Do they monitor that with wristbands? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
How did you get the VIP package? Was it an excursion to book from the NCL website? Is it a far walk once of the ferry/boat ride once you're on the island?

MSC sells a VIP package in their excursions. I would guess the other lines probably do as well.

MSC sells a VIP package in their excursions. I would guess the other lines probably do as well.

Yes, Carnival had a few different offerings for Blue Lagoon. We chose the family package. Once there we paid for the clamshells and each of us got a Bahama beach towel for it. Food set up was so much better here than on Princess Cays.

• 1 month later...
The only thing I didn’t like at Blue Lagoon was that the water was only waist deep at Blue Lagoon, going back to Pearl Island in 2 days. I’ll come back tonight or tomorrow and post some more pictures.

Is it shallow like that where the inflatables are as well? And the water bikes, etc. are extra? Do you recall how much? I know this thread is a few months old. I hope you see this. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Is it shallow like that where the inflatables are as well? And the water bikes, etc. are extra? Do you recall how much? I know this thread is a few months old. I hope you see this. Lol. Thanks in advance.

I don't know the depth of the water where they have the inflatables as I did not go into the water in that area. The VIP pass I had allowed swimming in 2 separate areas of the Lagoon away from the inflatables and watersports. I know there is a cost for the kayaks, aqua bikes and other water activities, but do not know how much. My excursion was purchased through Royal Caribbean cruise line.

• 3 months later...

No. The vip section at Blue Lagoon is the worst view on the island.  Don't go to Blue "LAGOON" unless you want to look at the lagoon.  For what it's worth, WE LOVE the lagoon.  But it's not the ocean. In many ways, it's better. 

The lagoon is gorgeous and unique. The most amazing swimming.  But total lack of shade.  Which is fine for a lot of people.  I still go because it's awesome.  But not for everyone. 

Edited by BNBR

• 3 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions on this topic...  We already booked Balmoral with lunch, but reading reviews is really making me think that canceling that and booking the Blue Lagoon family with lunch would be better for our family of five (three teen boys).  

Through Carnival, it says that the water park is not included.  Does anyone know how much that costs separately on the island?  (I'm assuming that is the inflatables).  What about shade?  are there a lot of beach chairs in the shade or would we have to rent a clamshell (cost?)?   

Or is Balmoral perfectly fine?  

Edited by jeff92k7

• 1 month later...

I am cruising with RCCL and have the “deluxe”  beach break booked. It mentions double hammocks which I see in the above pictures. I would assume this is the VIP excursion that I have? Making sure since it doesn’t call it vip for Royal

9 hours ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

I am cruising with RCCL and have the “deluxe”  beach break booked. It mentions double hammocks which I see in the above pictures. I would assume this is the VIP excursion that I have? Making sure since it doesn’t call it vip for Royal

Interesting- my upcoming RCI trip has the deluxe pkg, but also the vip...

A15FF1BA-AB27-4DAB-89DF-BBEBC5F5BA7B.jpeg

On 1/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, cruisecouple88 said:

I ended up booking the stingray encounter at blue lagoon through Royal Caribbean.  It was cheaper than going to blue lagoon on your own.  

I am planning on doing the same. However, I am confused about the start time and the duration. On RCI website it says it starts at 10:30 am (kind of late if you ask me), lasts 5 hours, and offers you 2 return ferries to choose from (does not mention ferry times). From other people's posts I understood that the RCI's ferry returns are at 1 pm and 2 pm, which doesn't quite make it a 5 hour excursion.

Does anyone have any details on that?

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Can anyone post recent experiences with Balmoral, Blue Lagoon, or Pearl Island?

I will be in port in May and my party of four is debating which to pick.

We ended up picking Pearl Island...

Here is my review that I posted...

I would for sure do the Pearl Island trip again.

summary: great if you want a secluded small tropical island to beach or snorkel on.  Maybe a little boring for kids.

loved: nice bar, lots of different shady/sunny spots to lay in, great pictures from the lighthouse, sandy beach with kayaks/paddleboard (free), so pretty, nice scenery on the ride over and back. The fish at lunch was amazing!

didnt love:  they told us lunch would be at 10, but was really at 11:30.  This was only annoying because lunch was at the far side of the island, and people kept walking way over there to see if the food was ready.

also didn’t love that there were 2 dogs loose on the island who pooed everywhere.  I wasn’t expecting there to be poo on the island.  Also didn’t love that they no longer gave a welcome drink and photo- since it was part of the package when we signed up, it feels like kind of a “bait and switch”.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We did Balmoral Island with kayaking this past week while on Allure of the Sea.   It was the worst excursion I've ever been on.  Very disorganized,  we were on the beach about 30 minutes and kayaked for about 20 minutes and this was a 4 1/2 hour excursion.   Lunch was not included but we never had time to eat waiting for kayaking crew to show up.  Ferry was old and slow. We did the Blue Lagoon in May from the Disney Dream and really enjoyed it.  Beautiful calm blue water and lunch was included.   Our grandkids enjoyed the water park alot.   I'd definitely go to the Blue Lagoon again.