Any NEWS on VV? Please post it here...

wwcruisers

Ahoy Future Sailors,

Since you're among the exclusive few on our pre-sale list, we thought it only right that we reach out to you first with our latest ship reveal news. On May 16th, we'll be #ShipTeasing some of our favorite interior and exterior ship designs in NYC with yet another Virgin Voyages reveal event.

Meant to feel transformative and evocative the entire ship will be adorned with sleek and glamorous yacht-like aesthetics, and this event will offer a glimpse into some of our favorites, including our immaculately designed public VIP space.

The celebration will be broadcast on Facebook Live so log in early for a party you won't want to miss. Just tell the door person you're on the list. :)

See you May 16th at 7pm!

Cheers,

Virgin Voyages

Sadly, those of us who don't do F/B ('live' or otherwise) will miss out on this. Hoping that some of our very kind posters (and you know who you are ;)) will pop over and tell us all about the 'big reveal', tomorrow. :cool:

A replay is now available. You do not need to be a FB member to view.

https://virg.in/DesignEvent

Actually, it appears that you do. Clicking on that link just takes you to a FB sign-in page. :( But, thanks for trying.:halo:

We've all been enjoying the wonderful still photos that came out of today's presentation! :cool:

Actually, it appears that you do. Clicking on that link just takes you to a FB sign-in page. :( But, thanks for trying.:halo:

We've all been enjoying the wonderful still photos that came out of today's presentation! :cool:

All you have to do is close the login popup. I know it works because I'm not a FB member and still watched the whole thing. It helps to have the commentary because it explains what you're seeing in the renderings.

:halo::halo:

All you have to do is close the login popup. I know it works because I'm not a FB member and still watched the whole thing. It helps to have the commentary because it explains what you're seeing in the renderings.

Just tried that. Was able to close the pop-up 'FB sign-in/log-on' page, but when I clicked on the 'play arrow' -- all I got was a message that the video would be starting "shortly". All I got after that was another FB login pop-up. :mad:

Oh well, I'm sure that in a couple of days, the video will be available on some travel-site link, or U-tube. You're right though, some explanations to go with the pictures, would be immensely helpful! :cool:

• 1 month later...

Love the picture, but where did you learn the name? We signed up for e-mails, when we joined the 'pre-deposit queue'. But, so far at least, we are getting virtually NO information. Since we don't do F/B, we seem to pretty much be out-of-the-loop. :(

Love the picture, but where did you learn the name? We signed up for e-mails, when we joined the 'pre-deposit queue'. But, so far at least, we are getting virtually NO information. Since we don't do F/B, we seem to pretty much be out-of-the-loop. :(
Learned the name from the photo from the ship yard. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Click on the picture to enlarge it a bit.....then look just above the black strip on the hull.....it’s just above it.

I’m sure this is not the reveal VV was intending 🧐

Safe travels to all! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Covered up now.

4c78858d51666f6522488e063bba1e6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this recently published article in The Miami Herald....

Virgin’s adults-only ship will have a boxing ring and a pool — but no plastic strawshttps://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article215222910.html

I just read this recently published article in The Miami Herald....

Virgin’s adults-only ship will have a boxing ring and a pool — but no plastic strawshttps://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article215222910.html

WOW, a boxing ring -- really? RC tried that, some years back -- either on their Voyager or Freedom Class ships. All I remember is that they took up a lot of space in the gym -- and I never saw anyone using them. :confused:

• Like 1

WOW, a boxing ring -- really? RC tried that, some years back -- either on their Voyager or Freedom Class ships. All I remember is that they took up a lot of space in the gym -- and I never saw anyone using them. :confused:

Maybe they are planning on boxing events to go along with the adult theme?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I could be a off on this, but Key West port schedules are showing a ship titled "Virgin" calling every other Thursday from 8am-6pm, beginning April 2, 2020 at Pier B, which is the one right by Mallory Square. It shows the ship coming from Miami and departing for Havana, Cuba. This would suggest a Wednesday departure from Miami (strange).

I also found this: "while in Havana, Richard Branson and Virgin Voyages chief executive Tom McAlpin raised hopes that Cuba would be one of the first ports of call for Virgin's new cruise line, launching in 2020." From: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/plans-for-four-new-berths-in-havana/

Thoughts? Am I missing something? Referring to another ship with "Virgin" in its name?

Okay so I could be a off on this, but Key West port schedules are showing a ship titled "Virgin" calling every other Thursday from 8am-6pm, beginning April 2, 2020 at Pier B, which is the one right by Mallory Square. It shows the ship coming from Miami and departing for Havana, Cuba. This would suggest a Wednesday departure from Miami (strange).

I also found this: "while in Havana, Richard Branson and Virgin Voyages chief executive Tom McAlpin raised hopes that Cuba would be one of the first ports of call for Virgin's new cruise line, launching in 2020." From: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/news/plans-for-four-new-berths-in-havana/

Thoughts? Am I missing something? Referring to another ship with "Virgin" in its name?

where you get that from as both the official key west cruisemapping site and cruisemapper don't show such info

where you get that from as both the official key west cruisemapping site and cruisemapper don't show such info

Caribe Nautical, which is the Key West port agent website.

It's what is used over on the RCI board when speculating deployment and it is usually accurate, assuming no changes of plans.

Caribe Nautical, which is the Key West port agent website.

It's what is used over on the RCI board when speculating deployment and it is usually accurate, assuming no changes of plans.

just had a look good find

suggests 2 week itineries too