Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Oh, dear ...When Alyssa came onstage tonight I was thinking how much Heidi Klum would have loved Alyssa's dress -- made her boobs look pretty fine... but then the camera panned down! Dress too short, too "sweet" -- looked like it would be better suited to a 6 year old than the deliciously curvy and grown up Alyssa. Such a shame -- so much wasted potential to be fabulous!!

I do not understand AT ALL what it is that the judges saw in Fabio's fringed, braided coat?dress? (whatever it was). I am amazed that the word "sloppy" never came out of any judge's mouth!!

I, like the judges, liked Merline's white (buckram) dress, except for the hemline, which I found tight and unflattering.

And somehow Stanley's look, which Anne thought was anything but avant-garde, was looked at with universal admiration! I did not realize he had created a bow at the neck until Isaac pointed it out -- if both sides of the bow had been visible, I would have figured it out myself, I guess...And I have absolutely NEVER been a fan of models wearing masks -- just too dehumanizing, to my taste.

I was SO disappointed that Kimberly's look eliminated her!! I actually thought it was pretty cool. I guess I was just mesmerized by the model's stunningly beautiful legs in that mesh skirt ; ) I suppose there really wasn't much to the look otherwise...But it was SO MUCH more interesting, modern, and flattering than Joshua's look, IMO!

I guess the lack of posts in regards to this season's episodes is mirroring the sheer boredom I am feeling about these designers, these challenges, and these "looks."

This avant garde challenge had an interesting basis for inspiration, at least for me--when I was young, I wanted to be an astronomer and loved looking at pictures of the planets and galaxies.

The results were not incredibly interesting. I thought the three who were safe had more interesting looks than the three who were on the top.

Edmund had the only avant garde look and he was in the middle. It was my favorite by a mile.

Love RuPaul (I always love him and her). He had something nice to say about every design even when it was pretty bad.

I have no problem with Kimberly going: there was nothing there.

Joshua's look was a hot mess. I liked the glue idea for both Pluto and avant grade, but when Anne came through for her critique I was immediately appalled by his fabric colors. There was a lot of design and sewing underneath the glue, but it looked pretty horrid. Had to laugh when Isaac said it was so ugly maybe it should win.

Anthony's pants were terrific and truly avant garde, but that big disc on the model's front just didn't work. I still would have given him the win of the top three, though.

Got the feeling this show was taped after the Weinstein scandals erupted big time. Georgina seemed... off.

I thought Fabio was sure to win this season but Stanley is coming on strong -- a gorgeous look (minus the underskirt, which most ladies wouldn't need). Was impressed with what Ken pulled out in the final 10 minutes. I did like Fabio's "safe" dress quite a bit and Helen's unique outfit is something I would wear if I had the body for it. ha ha

No problem with who went home.

I liked Whoopi’s dress design by Christian Siriano. Beautiful neck area. I was not crazy about the print, but it was different, and so is Whoopi, so that’s fine as long as she liked it. She was on The View by remote from Hollywood. She loved the pockets and said her very comfortable boots didn’t show underneath.

She also commented that there was so much tulle under the skirt that she couldn’t see out the car windows on way to Oscars. Said she wouldn’t fit into a seat at the Oscars, but I don’t think she changed into something else. She must have pushed it down in the seat.

All in all, a very Christian Siriano style. Nice. Proud of him!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Judie

This challenge was pretty bad since performance wear for pop, country and rock is pretty much the same thing. Of the six designers only one even created performance wear -- but it could be worn by performers in all three categories. It deserved the win but Fabio's outfit was a great look -- just not particularly performance wear.

It would have been better to have them design for hiphop, heavy metal, and anime or some such thing, but even then...

A group of us were discussing contemporary music and realized rock and roll does't really play much of a role any more except for the geezers still touring. It was telling that a judge mentioned Steve Tyler.

I guess the lack of posts in regards to this season's episodes is mirroring the sheer boredom I am feeling about these designers, these challenges, and these "looks."

Though I too am pretty bored with this season's competition, I have another reason for not posting about the last two weeks' episodes-- I was on a cruise!! ;)

Though I too am pretty bored with this season's competition, I have another reason for not posting about the last two weeks' episodes-- I was on a cruise!! ;)

I have lost interest in this season. Not much interesting design and some odd judging decisions.

I have lost interest in this season. Not much interesting design and some odd judging decisions.

Not much "all-star" about this season!! I have been wondering for a while if the whole PR concept is tapped out. Just how many new challenges can the producers come up with? And how many "new" designs can the contestants create, especially with the lack of interesting new challenges?

Can't say I was in love with any of the looks. Fabio has ideas but this combo was plain weird. Stanley's look was nice but the judges seemed to over praise it -- what about that mess of a hem?

I have to agree with everyone -- it's not the best season, though I'm not blaming the designers as much as the producers.

• 2 weeks later...
Just so everyone knows. Project Runway may be no more. I read that the next two seasons were cancelled because of the Weinstein scandal. Weinstein Productions was the production company for the franchise.

I’ll certainly miss it, but that won’t be a surprise.

I read yesterday on a PR site that a production company is interested because it is the biggest moneymaker for Lifetime. I’d love to see it return! I’ll be sad but not shocked if not. I miss the format from the first several years. I’ll miss Tim Gunn’s wonderful mentoring. He seems like such a gentleman.

• 1 month later...