maginot line optional excursion with Avalon

magbol99

Just wanted to see if anyone had taken this optional excursion with Avalon while in Strasbourg. Seems interesting. This would be in the afternoon while docked in Strasbourg after doing a walking tour of the town that morning.

We did this optional excursion last April with Avalon. I can't remember how long the drive was but estimating at least 30 minutes one way, maybe a little more. It was enjoyable but I like history. You walked up a hill(incline) to the top where you entered and I believe ended up down at the bottom after the tour walking thru the bunker the whole time. There are a few steps to maneuver with another set of steps that are elective if you want to see one particular thing - I think maybe it was a look out. I have a few knee issues so didn't do this but my husband did. It is open enough you don't feel claustrophobic. I felt like I learned a lot and so did my husband.

We did this optional excursion last April with Avalon. I can't remember how long the drive was but estimating at least 30 minutes one way, maybe a little more. It was enjoyable but I like history. You walked up a hill(incline) to the top where you entered and I believe ended up down at the bottom after the tour walking thru the bunker the whole time. There are a few steps to maneuver with another set of steps that are elective if you want to see one particular thing - I think maybe it was a look out. I have a few knee issues so didn't do this but my husband did. It is open enough you don't feel claustrophobic. I felt like I learned a lot and so did my husband.

My partner did this tour while I went wine tasting. He thoroughly enjoyed it. He says what you thought was a look out was a gun emplacement. It was reached by a spiral staircase.