Ok we rented the Twizy and I loved it!

kernie968

Ok I will try again! Pics of DH getting into the Twizy.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

DH said he felt like he had a lot of space once he actually got in, but I kept the seat as far forward as it would go.

Thank you for reminded how to post pictures. I will do more later.

So here is a picture from the other angle of DH squeezing in.

enhance

While I am not quite as tall as your DH I don't think I could put up with the contortions of getting in the back seat. Do you think DH could have fit in the front seat? I am not asking why DH didn't drive, just wondering if someone his size would fit in the front seat.

If the seat would have folded down DH felt it would not have been a problem for him to get in or out of the car, but that is not Current Vehicle's fault.

There is room behind the back seat to put things. It actually had more room than I thought and it was nice not moving things every time we got in and out of the Twizy.

enhance

There was another locked compartment in the front which could hold a cell phone or two or for us a GPS.

enhance

While I am not quite as tall as your DH I don't think I could put up with the contortions of getting in the back seat. Do you think DH could have fit in the front seat? I am not asking why DH didn't drive, just wondering if someone his size would fit in the front seat.

DH could have easily fit in the front to drive. We saw a man get into a Twizy who we figured was probably six feet tall and three hundred pounds and he had no problem getting in the front. My DH was not comfortable driving on the left side of the road.

So the Twizy only has these three buttons to work with.

enhance

Drive, Neutral and Reverse. There were more lights options on the turn signal, but we were told not to use them unless we had too. The Twizy's lights are always on so the other were for bright lights, but no way would I have tried to drive those roads at night!

The horn was on the same lever, but I never used it.

enhance

This lever had the wipers and defrost on it.

enhance

This is above the drivers head. It has all kinds of information, but I do not remember if the woman told us about it.

enhance

Not a great picture, but these are the air holes in the front of the car, so when you are moving air comes in, but there is no air when you are sitting still.

enhance

The keep left sticker to remind you that you are not driving in the states! I felt that could have been bigger.

You can check your coverage with your car insurance carrier. You may be covered.

If you have trip insurance, it may also include (or have optional) insurance.

Ok I will try again! Pics of DH getting into the Twizy.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

DH said he felt like he had a lot of space once he actually got in, but I kept the seat as far forward as it would go.

Thank you for reminded how to post pictures. I will do more later.

Thank you for posting...I think I can get in without a problem...getting out????

• 2 weeks later...

You could not squeeze a beach bag or back pack in the compartment. I had a drawstring bag with snacks and sunscreen that I put on the bottom, then added two rolled up beach towels and two water bottles. Could have probably squeezed another beach towel in. There is space to put a beach bag in between the back passenger's legs.

Rent a Twizy. I had so much fun driving it!

It was so nice to go to the beaches that are less popular with the tourists. It was easy and fun to drive and the maps.me app was awesome in Bermuda. I would rent one again when I go back to Bermuda. I just need my DH to get more flexibility!

Are there plans to start renting at the dockyard?

I have read that currently the number of vehicles has reached the limit allowed by the government. I think the rentals are still in a test period that the government will evaluate before allowing more vehicles. The only expansion going on right now is additional charging stations in different locations.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I rented a twizzy for 2 days last week. While it was fun, it is also stressful, I'm not sure if we would rent again.

The Maps.me app was great, however it drains your cell phone battery pretty quickly. If you are going to rely on the app, bring a battery back-up. (there is no way to charge in on the twizy).

As for the charging stations for the twizzy, I believe not enough people (non twizzzy renters) know about the charging stations. We planned to charge our twizzy mid day at the Swizzle Inn while we had lunch, the charging station was blocked by about a dozen mopeds who parked in front of it. Because my husband had a view of the parking lot from our table, he was able to move the twizzy when they left, only then to get blocked in by other cars.

The charging station by the dockyard is very hard to find, there are no signs. It shows up on the app, but for a first time visitor to the dockyard area impossible to find without help.

The twizzy does allow you however, to visit multiple attractions on your own timeline, which is why we rented it.

IMG_2871.JPG.1de7fc56f4a6365de560b24993bed2b2.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Nashna, I am glad you loved your Twizy experience! You had stated before that you had a bad knee, so was it difficult to get in and out of the Twizy? Since you went at the end of June was it uncomfortable hot in the front of the Twizy? I cannot wait to go back and see more of Bermuda.

It was actually fun getting in and out. Our friends were with us in two other Twizys. The comments back and forth were hilarious. One lady, who is petite, could not put her foot down on the ground. My husband actually guided my foot out. There were lots of giggles getting in and out. You need to get in butt first. By the second stop we were all pros. We enjoyed the ferry ride to Hamilton, the short walk to The Princess and the freedom to go anywhere with the Twizy. The staff at Current were great. Our only issue was finding the charging station in St George’s. The map was very vague. We asked a very nice lady who said she was going up by the location. We had a Twizy parade following her in the narrow streets. We all agreed it was the highlight of our Bermuda stay. It was an 80 degree, sunny day. I was very comfortable in the back while the front was a bit warmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I love this thread! I'm sitting here laughing just imaging myself getting in and out of this. I have a hard time getting off the ski chair lift without falling, so this should be interesting! We are going to Bermuda in October and I've been looking at renting one of these. We use to rent the mopeds, but we are getting older and there is so much more traffic than there was 25yrs ago when we first started going to Bermuda every few years. This looks like a good alternative as long as I don't break anything! I'll keep an eye on here and check this out as more people share their experiences. Thanks in advance for all the good info.

OMG I love this thread! I'm sitting here laughing just imaging myself getting in and out of this. I have a hard time getting off the ski chair lift without falling, so this should be interesting! We are going to Bermuda in October and I've been looking at renting one of these. We use to rent the mopeds, but we are getting older and there is so much more traffic than there was 25yrs ago when we first started going to Bermuda every few years. This looks like a good alternative as long as I don't break anything! I'll keep an eye on here and check this out as more people share their experiences. Thanks in advance for all the good info.

Glad you love the thread. The first few times you get in and out are a learning experience. I wanted to laugh watching husband contort to crawl inside, but I knew he did not think it was funny. I felt safe in the Twizy and really want to go back and see more of Bermuda, but I need a more flexible travel mate. Also in one of the other Twizy threads they say that the Twizy are selling out, so you cannot wait too long to reserve one. Do it. You will love it.

My husband sat in the back and said he did not feel closed in because the windows are open, but he does not have problems with closed spaces. He said it would be the same as sitting in the back seat of a two door car. Once your in the Twizy you have a lot of space.