Chartered plane planned?

He was talking about a 2002 Radisson charter.

Then, later he was talking about flights on ATA. He never said that the ATA (?) flights were in 2002.

Other than that....

JMARINER is not a "he" - just for the record. And they have a ton of knowledge about Regent. When referring to ATA, likely their flights were prior to 2008. In any event and In my opinion, the only posters that have even a clue to how Regent books fight are Regent long-time passengers and TA's that regularly sell Regent.

Just today we booked (through our TA and Regent) flights to Chile. Flights to South America are, again, In my opinion, okay to miserable. The best flight that we could find was on American Airlines. Thanks to our TA and Regent we were able to get exactly what we wanted (First Class to Dallas and Business Class to Santiago).

It can be difficult to keep abreast of which airlines Regent has contracts with (again contracts for a certain number of seats per flight) and we could not get the flights that we do without our TA. It is also important for Regent customers to book 270 days prior to the cruise in order to get exactly what you want.

I feel badly for the TS because they really needed to have Business Class. Unfortunately, they booked too late.

He was talking about a 2002 Radisson charter.

Then, later he was talking about flights on ATA. He never said that the ATA (?) flights were in 2002.

Other than that....

He (me) is here!!!

Actually what I meant was ATN. ATA was a typo.

CruiseCritic site does not allow for editing/correcting after post has been has up for more than a few minutes. (Anyone know why?)

J

He (me) is here!!!

Actually what I meant was ATN. ATA was a typo.

CruiseCritic site does not allow for editing/correcting after post has been has up for more than a few minutes. (Anyone know why?)

J

Just to clarify, FlyerTalker was correct on two things --your sex and your typo. Despite what was alleged on another post. Am I correct? Just curious.

FlyerTalker likely does not sail on Regent (based on his/her posts).

Amazing that someone bothers to try to discern other people's travel patterns from message posting. I surely don't have the time, nor inclination, to do so - but if that's important to you....

Have sailed on Navigator, Mariner, and Voyager for over a dozen years. I don't do roll calls, don't do meet and greets, and don't identify myself when onboard. On CC, I post when I might have a specific question or can provide specific accurate information to a thread that I find interesting. I have no need to post chatty fluff, nor need to post on every subject and thread.

So, in other words, I do sail on Regent and have seen you onboard, TC2. And definitely didn't introduce myself.

Oh, I sigh in nostalgia when I see the L-1011 mentioned; what a glorious plane that was!

We flew from Honolulu to Nadi, Fiji on a DC-10 in coach many years ago, don't even remember which airline. The plane was half empty, but there were two little kids who were in a different time zone mentally or something. They squealed all the way.

Coming back we were on a 747 that was packed to the gills and the seating was about the tightest I have ever experienced. I sat upright the whole flight (it left Nadi at 2:30 am) and watched the map. We were supposed to stay in Honolulu a couple of nights, but were flying Business Class points with Delta. Called, changed our flights to that day (back in the good old days) and slept across the Pacific Ocean in those fantastic L-1011 seats. Our next stop was in Vegas for a few days. Culture shock! We had been on Turtle Island with just a few other people for a week.

Totally off topic, except that I couldn't face doing that again in Coach.

Edited by Pam
adding

Oh, I sigh in nostalgia when I see the L-1011 mentioned; what a glorious plane that was!

We flew from Honolulu to Nadi, Fiji on a DC-10 in coach many years ago, don't even remember which airline. The plane was half empty, but there were two little kids who were in a different time zone mentally or something. They squealed all the way.

Coming back we were on a 747 that was packed to the gills and the seating was about the tightest I have ever experienced. I sat upright the whole flight (it left Nadi at 2:30 am) and watched the map. We were supposed to stay in Honolulu a couple of nights, but were flying Business Class points with Delta. Called, changed our flights to that day (back in the good old days) and slept across the Pacific Ocean in those fantastic L-1011 seats. Our next stop was in Vegas for a few days. Culture shock! We had been on Turtle Island with just a few other people for a week.

Totally off topic, except that I couldn't face doing that again in Coach.

We also did the L-1011 (in Coach) and loved the plane - it was so quiet. A bit jealous of your visit to Turtle island ..... Fiji is our favorite place on earth but it one heck of a long fight in Coach.

Oh, I sigh in nostalgia when I see the L-1011 mentioned; what a glorious plane that was.

I am a retired pilot and flew the L1011 for over 5 years. It was a glorious plane for the pilots too! My favorite plane from over 38 years of flying and 11 different types of aircraft.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk