Trying to choose a room size

tortuga1975

I'm getting ready to book a B2B on the Sensation. The total time on the ship will be nine days. I’ll be cruising with my dad.

We generally get a balcony on Spirit, Conquest and Dream class ships because we like the extra space with the couch and a balcony is nice.

We just did a B2B on the Paradise and had a window room, because since the balconies were added on, I didn’t think it would be worth it. It was a little tight but ultimately fine. Dad spent a lot of time on the serenity deck with the shaded chairs.

I’m trying to decide what size room to get for this cruise. I’ve priced it out and a balcony is $700 more, an aft balcony is $1000 more and a junior suite (obstructed view) is $1100 more. We’ll be platinum by then and the suite perks don’t matter.

I guess I’m torn between the window room and junior suite, my thinking being if we’re going to upgrade, we might as well go for the suite since that’s a lot more room for little more money than balcony.

What would you do? How obstructed is the obstructed view?

I'm getting ready to book a B2B on the Sensation. The total time on the ship will be nine days. I’ll be cruising with my dad.

We generally get a balcony on Spirit, Conquest and Dream class ships because we like the extra space with the couch and a balcony is nice.

We just did a B2B on the Paradise and had a window room, because since the balconies were added on, I didn’t think it would be worth it. It was a little tight but ultimately fine. Dad spent a lot of time on the serenity deck with the shaded chairs.

I’m trying to decide what size room to get for this cruise. I’ve priced it out and a balcony is $700 more, an aft balcony is $1000 more and a junior suite (obstructed view) is $1100 more. We’ll be platinum by then and the suite perks don’t matter.

I guess I’m torn between the window room and junior suite, my thinking being if we’re going to upgrade, we might as well go for the suite since that’s a lot more room for little more money than balcony.

What would you do? How obstructed is the obstructed view?

Junior suites in this class of ship are not as nice as in other classes. If you r choice was between those two and co side ring the money, I would choose ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you do go for the JS, see if you can get V21 or V30, they are priced as obstructed, but only a little bit of the nose of a small lifeboat obstructs one bit of the right or left side of your balcony depending which cabin you pick.

The size of the JS on Fantasy class is about equal to the size of the balcony cabins on the other classes. Get an OV and arrange your beds in an L shape to make it much more roomy.

JR V1

enhance

enhance

Fascination inside, before and after we rearranged the beds:

enhance

enhance

The room steward will do it if you ask, but the beds are so light we/I did it myself. (I'm slight and 74). The beds are meant to be that way...Notice the lights at the heads of the beds, on the wall? Well, there is a light on the wall at the side of the bed in the L position. This is another cabin we had, again on Fascination:

enhance

enhance

EM