Carnival Miracle May 27th itinerary has changed - staying in Tampa until Tuesday nigh

zaclies

So, when a flight is delayed, do you get a description of the breakdown or the maintenance being done, or do they just say "we're delayed for a maintenance problem" or "we've had to change aircraft due to a mechanical problem". That's been my experience.

Exactly we don't advertise specifics with the planes, it's a maintenance issues is all i usually say.

A little different if a plane goes down for maintenance you get on a spare plane they dont put you on a pkane on the tarmac for 3 days. If Carnival would have brought in another ship we would not be having this issue but then again there are no spare ships in existence. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. I have been crusing since 1980 and my mom has been crusing since the 70s with her own travel agency so i have seen how things play out over the years. Just saying:cool:uote=Palmetto Pilot;56144148]Exactly we don't advertise specifics with the planes, it's a maintenance issues is all i usually say.

Just got off the Miracle on May 20th, no problems but did feel more vibration in dining room on Deck 2 Dining Room during our cruise, so perhaps something may need repair. Now with the tropical disturbance headed into the Gulf this weekend, staying in the port would be the best. I received an offer this morning for the Miracle - interior stateroom $50, balcony $65. You can't buy a week worth of ready to eat meals for that price! Let the rain go thru then go on an awesome cruise!

Just got off the Miracle on May 20th, no problems but did feel more vibration in dining room on Deck 2 Dining Room during our cruise, so perhaps something may need repair. Now with the tropical disturbance headed into the Gulf this weekend, staying in the port would be the best. I received an offer this morning for the Miracle - interior stateroom $50, balcony $65. You can't buy a week worth of ready to eat meals for that price! Let the rain go thru then go on an awesome cruise!
That price for the whole week?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We just got off the Miracle this morning. First, for the one thinking it was a security issue NEXT week...thanks for thinking of us in Belize & Honduras this past week! This cancellation came out before we set sail on the 20th. I'm sure if it was a security issue, it would have come up before we stopped in those ports. By the way, perfectly fine in both locations. But, as for possible maintenance, my first guess would be what appeared to be some kind of A/C (?) leaks; mainly on the Lido, near the mid-ship elevators. There was an area probably 10x10 or so blocked off all week with caution signs. Also, a couple of the ice machines in the Lido buffet area were not working. It could be some kind of water line issue. As for any shimmy or shake, I really didn't feel anything major...well, outside of cruising through the middle of a TS yesterday! That and doing 20+ knots between Cozumel and Belize to get through the very windy beginning of Alberto. Otherwise, it was nothing readily apparent. The person speculating the underwater work needed could very well be correct.

Having said all of that, I completely understand if someone cancelled because it took out part of their vacation time. I get it, believe me. Vacation time (and money spent) is important to everyone. Make whatever decision you need to make, its your money and time. But as for this past week, the ship and the staff were great and it was a great week...even with an uninvited guest taking away my last two days of sun

• 1 month later...
I don't really understand why folks think the cruise line has to tell every detail of what goes on. Do you demand this level of transparency with all businesses you have dealings with? Carnival has said it is required maintenance, why do you need more detail? I understand you cannot reschedule your vacation, but does knowing exactly what type of maintenance is being done, or even why the vacation is having the itinerary changed going to change whether you take the partial cruise or cancel?

I totally agree! Safety first, We all read about the nightmare of a ship breaking down at sea, no AC, the smells, etc. No one wants this on their vacation and I tip my hat to Carnival for staying tied to the dock.

I also can't remember a cruise while sitting down to dinner where we didn't feel a strange vibration coming from the screws.

I'm looking forward to our cruise in about 2 weeks, God and Carnival Cruise Lines willing :halo::halo::halo: