Question about Major Marine Kenai Fjords tours

pengu1n

I can't find any information on their website (or by searching here). I'm trying to figure out where the cruise ship will be in relation to where I would board their boats. I can see their offices on the map but don't know where I will be (on the HAL Zaandam). Is it walking distance? How far is it? Thank you for any information!

Unless you or anyone in your party has very severe mobility issues you will have no problem walking. If you look at a map of Seward the cruise terminal is one one side of the small boat harbor, and the Major Marine check is in the Harbor 360 Hotel, which is located on the other side of the small boat harbor.

You should be able to catch a Major Marine shuttlebus from ship to office, but if not it is maybe a half mile from the farthest berth. We took the bus not knowing where the office was, and figured we waited longer for the bus than the time to walk it.

Also, right next door is a great place to eat in the Train Rec.

I can't find any information on their website (or by searching here). I'm trying to figure out where the cruise ship will be in relation to where I would board their boats. I can see their offices on the map but don't know where I will be (on the HAL Zaandam). Is it walking distance? How far is it? Thank you for any information!

Did you try calling them. I assume that they do have a phone number on their site. Generally phoning a tour operator is faster and easier that emailing them.

DON

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a separate question about this same tour. Has anyone had them cancel for weather and/or rough seas? Unfortunately we only have 1 day where doing this tour is a possibility. We are signed up for the tour that day (July 3rd) but I am wondering how likely it is I'll have to go to backup plans.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a separate question about this same tour. Has anyone had them cancel for weather and/or rough seas? Unfortunately we only have 1 day where doing this tour is a possibility. We are signed up for the tour that day (July 3rd) but I am wondering how likely it is I'll have to go to backup plans.

I once had them cancel the longer cruise after about and hour. They returned to Seward after a tour of Resurrection Bay ( no animals )and gave us a partial refund. Two other times they warned that the trips would be rough and offered to refund our money. I took the refunds. DD went, however, and told me that many were seasick and she spent the majority of the time on the outside of the boat.

I’m sure it’s a wonderful tour, but I’ve just been unlucky trying to schedule it.

If you need a backup, one of the Behind the Scenes tours at the SeaLife Center is a really nice way to see the seals, puffins or octopus. ( no seasickness guaranteed :) )