Splendor design speculation

Portolan

As has been said, if the Explorer is not to your liking, there are three other ships.

Well stated; as long as Mariner and Voyager are part of Regent's fleet I will continue to sail Regent.

Marc

I would like to see those suites sold to single travelers instead of paying 200%.

I doubt that'll happen. Arent those cabins being booked on Explorer? If so, why should Regent deemed them "Singles" and forego the extra revenue?

I think we're a bit spoiled. Through the years I've cruised with my husband in plenty of cabins smaller that those H cabins, on ships of lesser category. Its a good entry level category for couples that may not be able to afford the others.

Selling a cabin to a single actually increases revenue. One less mouth to feed and/or water, fill bus seats, include air fare and transfers (in some cases).

Two would actually sail as cheaply as one.

I doubt that'll happen. Arent those cabins being booked on Explorer? If so, why should Regent deemed them "Singles" and forego the extra revenue?

I think we're a bit spoiled. Through the years I've cruised with my husband in plenty of cabins smaller that those H cabins, on ships of lesser category. Its a good entry level category for couples that may not be able to afford the others.

'

You're right, however, on some itineraries I've noticed availability in the lowest two categories. Perhaps Regent could do a "sale" for single occupancy suites if they remain available until 2-3 months prior to sailing.

If they were smart and were adept at mining their data, they could target a select population of cruisers on the other NCLH lines who were perhaps used to a smaller cabin. When not sold out a few months in advance, lower the price a bit and quietly hit this targeted segment. Good way of filling cabins and perhaps causing cruisers on the cusp of moving up to do so sooner. But the magic is identifying the correct population subset so the brand is not cheapened.

If they were smart and were adept at mining their data, they could target a select population of cruisers on the other NCLH lines who were perhaps used to a smaller cabin. When not sold out a few months in advance, lower the price a bit and quietly hit this targeted segment. Good way of filling cabins and perhaps causing cruisers on the cusp of moving up to do so sooner. But the magic is identifying the correct population subset so the brand is not cheapened.

Good idea. Having sailed on Oceania, I can see some of their customers giving Regent a try. Not sure if NCL passengers would be a good fit - depends upon the person. I will post more when I am on NCL later this week (will post on the luxury board) but from what I've read on the NCL board, they have issues of people taking food and towels into the Observation Lounge and hogging the chairs with their stuff - lying down and taking naps there, etc. And, apparently their Passages equivalent this past week included a reminder about putting feet or themselves on tables. Not sure if these particular individuals would be a good fit for Regent.

Good idea. Having sailed on Oceania, I can see some of their customers giving Regent a try. Not sure if NCL passengers would be a good fit - depends upon the person. I will post more when I am on NCL later this week (will post on the luxury board) but from what I've read on the NCL board, they have issues of people taking food and towels into the Observation Lounge and hogging the chairs with their stuff - lying down and taking naps there, etc. And, apparently their Passages equivalent this past week included a reminder about putting feet or themselves on tables. Not sure if these particular individuals would be a good fit for Regent.

Do you really believe this free travel agent,corporate officer, special guest three day cruise will be reflective of the typical NCL cruise?

Why would you post on the "luxury" board when you have repeatedly reminded people that there are only a few luxury lines and NCL is clearly not one of them.

Do you really believe this free travel agent,corporate officer, special guest three day cruise will be reflective of the typical NCL cruise?

Why would you post on the "luxury" board when you have repeatedly reminded people that there are only a few luxury lines and NCL is clearly not one of them.

Rather off topic but did want to say that if you haven't read my other posts on the subject, my last post likely would not make sense. One topic on the luxury boards has been comparing luxury cruise lines and "luxury" portion of a mainstream cruise line. (where there is a bar, restaurant and other amenities that are not available to most guests). In any case, let's not get this thread off topic as it is an interesting subject.

Rather off topic but did want to say that if you haven't read my other posts on the subject, my last post likely would not make sense. One topic on the luxury boards has been comparing luxury cruise lines and "luxury" portion of a mainstream cruise line. (where there is a bar, restaurant and other amenities that are not available to most guests). In any case, let's not get this thread off topic as it is an interesting subject.

I didn't bring up the free three day cruise on the Bliss. You did.

I didn't bring up the free three day cruise on the Bliss. You did.

In response to an on-topic post that suggests that the tiny lower suites on Explorer and soon to be on Splendor be offered to other NCLH (Oceania and NCL) customers.

This sort of "hogging" activity happened all the time when we were on the Hurtigruten... Very unpleasant.

Can't wait to read your review of your NCL cruise Jackie. And I am sure that neither you nor Dennis need to be reminded not to put your feet on the tables!!

I am an Oceania "customer" but also a Regent one. It has been a while since we sailed with Regent though and I am looking forward to seeing how things are now on Regent. Especially regarding the food. And of course "Splendour" !! I hope Splendor will be splendourful. (if that is a word!!)

"A Rose by any other name . . ." --or nomenclature or spelling-- "would smell as sweet".

Will test this out 03/18/2020 when boarding Splendor at LA.

In the interim, it is on to LA in two days awaiting boarding Navigator this Sunday.

GOARMY!

"A Rose by any other name . . ." --or nomenclature or spelling-- "would smell as sweet".

Will test this out 03/18/2020 when boarding Splendor at LA.

In the interim, it is on to LA in two days awaiting boarding Navigator this Sunday.

GOARMY!

If you are going to join us on the 18th, you will probably need a small boat to get you somewhere between Cabo and Acapulco to meet up with the ship. :cool:

Yikes! Well, this changes everything. Guess I got this itinerary confused with the old one on Explorer. That, as I recall, was set to leave LA on the 18th. This is great news. Fewer days to go!

Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully, I would have discovered this gap in the not-too distant future.

Best.

GOARMY!