Shore excursions...via cruise ship or through website Mr. Shore Excurion

I have book thru shoreexcursioneer.com before (not sure if that is who you mean) and will do again for cruise in May. I also have booked directly with the company-say the barn for horse riding. I rely on trip advisor and this site a lot on reviews to make sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I make all my choices from reviews here and then verify on Trip Advisor. RARELY do I use a cruise ship to book excursion, but there are two general exceptions for me. I don't like making an "iffy" transit on my own, so if an excursion involves ferry trips or long cross-island treks in traffic where we might have a good chance of not being back on time then I'll opt for a ships' excursion. The one other exception is when Cruise Critic/Trip Advisor recommend a certain vendor and it's been made an exclusive of the cruise line on which I'm traveling. I ran into this on one island when I wanted to go horse back riding. The recommended stable would only allow booking through the cruise line, and the "next best" stable for well cared for horses and safety record was less well rated by a significant amount. Coincidently this stable was also a long way from the port so the traffic/drive was a consideration due to the number of ships and passengers in port that day. I've been cruising for 13 years now, and after the first year I always booked my own excursions. Laurie

I have book thru shoreexcursioneer.com before (not sure if that is who you mean) and will do again for cruise in May. I also have booked directly with the company-say the barn for horse riding. I rely on trip advisor and this site a lot on reviews to make sure.

That's a useful website! I like that it knows all the cruise itineraries.

However... everything it shows has a super special price but when you book the price is much higher and this is before you even enter the date. For example there are various jetski/snorkel tours with "special deal" $89 advertised but when you click into it, the price is $119 and more.

Am I missing something, or is it a bait-and-switch scam?

Depending on what you want to do just google port and excursions. IE. “Grand Caymen shore excursions “. You will find local tour guides. I have always found them either cheaper or same than ship but private.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, I make all my choices from reviews here and then verify on Trip Advisor. RARELY do I use a cruise ship to book excursion, but there are two general exceptions for me. I don't like making an "iffy" transit on my own, so if an excursion involves ferry trips or long cross-island treks in traffic where we might have a good chance of not being back on time then I'll opt for a ships' excursion. The one other exception is when Cruise Critic/Trip Advisor recommend a certain vendor and it's been made an exclusive of the cruise line on which I'm traveling. I ran into this on one island when I wanted to go horse back riding. The recommended stable would only allow booking through the cruise line, and the "next best" stable for well cared for horses and safety record was less well rated by a significant amount. Coincidently this stable was also a long way from the port so the traffic/drive was a consideration due to the number of ships and passengers in port that day. I've been cruising for 13 years now, and after the first year I always booked my own excursions. Laurie

Exactly how we handle it as well!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on the excursions yet, but I've found that the ones given a good reviews by members of CruiseCritic also receive good reviews by Tripadvisor. Ironically I didn't recognize any of the excursions arranged by the cruise line as one highly recommended by members of CruiseCritic, at least not the ones that interested me, or else they were more expensive for a similar tour.

• 2 months later...
This will be my 1st cruise, looking to book excursion through another company, Jaital, can anyone give any reviews or insight? Will be on a 7day Caribbean in June. So excited!

Hi! We used Jaital recently when in Jamaica. Our ship was only in port for 8 hours and our excursion was cut a little short. We went to the AI Riu Ocho Rios for the day. We had a great experience at the resort. At our meeting point, just outside the cruise ship area was easy to find. Unfortunately, a family on our shuttle was late, thus making us 30min late to depart. It was very annoying, but not Jaital’s fault. The 3 people we’ve encountered with the company were very nice. I would use them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums