Free/Included Laundry

wcsdkqh

I think that included laundry is a great benefit. I think it is also probably an incredible promotion which attracts many people for cruising in the Med. I'd be surprised if it did not become a promo of choice in filling cruises which were not selling at capacity. We get unlimited laundry based on our "loyalty level" and I do appreciate it but I do not have any issue with all pax getting free laundry as long as the level/quality of service stays the same for me. Sure, we "earned" it but as long as it is not taken away from me I do not mind if it is expanded to others.

I don't think it is so much that new cruisers are demanding it but rather that it sets a competitive advantage for Regent. As long as I'm no worse off, I hope Regent does everything in its power to fill the ships and hopefully not have to increase fares. As was pointed out in another thread recently, Regent wants to avoid discounting by increasing marketing. Marketing promotions are part of that. I don't think we have "earned" anything but we got advantages due to our "loyalty". Again, as long as they don't take it away or diminish the level of service of it then all is good.

Just my opinion, not "fact". Accordingly, not right or wrong.

I do not mind if the free laundry is provided as an incentive to itineraries that are not selling well. That’s a business and marketing decision.

It’s amusing that three of our next five cruises are waitlisted so I gues no incentives for us.

As gold, I would be upset if it began to be included on all sailings. Then, I would expect Regent to offer a substitute perk based on my status.

Sheila

I think that included laundry is a great benefit. I think it is also probably an incredible promotion which attracts many people for cruising in the Med. I'd be surprised if it did not become a promo of choice in filling cruises which were not selling at capacity. We get unlimited laundry based on our "loyalty level" and I do appreciate it but I do not have any issue with all pax getting free laundry as long as the level/quality of service stays the same for me. Sure, we "earned" it but as long as it is not taken away from me I do not mind if it is expanded to others.

I don't think it is so much that new cruisers are demanding it but rather that it sets a competitive advantage for Regent. As long as I'm no worse off, I hope Regent does everything in its power to fill the ships and hopefully not have to increase fares. As was pointed out in another thread recently, Regent wants to avoid discounting by increasing marketing. Marketing promotions are part of that. I don't think we have "earned" anything but we got advantages due to our "loyalty". Again, as long as they don't take it away or diminish the level of service of it then all is good.

Well said, so +1

Hi John - interesting perspective! The issue seems to be that Regent does not add benefits without increasing fares (remember when they added inclusive drinks, regular airfare and then business class airfare as well as excursions and pre-cruise hotel?). In my opinion, there are other things that could be added that would also increase the passenger load on low selling itineraries ........ such as a percentage off Regent Choice excursions, hotel for passengers that are not in concierge or above, percentage off of the Connoisseur Wine Lunch (regular cost is around $350/couple), etc. They really do not need to diminish Seven Seas Loyalty benefits.

There are only so many "benefits" that can be used to entice customers to cruise on Regent. Regent, In my opinion, is running out of them. There is really nothing that Regent could give me that would replace our laundry benefit (or other Titanium benefits). We already have early booking, 25% off excursions and a percentage off of wine, private transfers to the hotel (or ship) and back to the airport or any other destination within 50 miles, a ton of phone time, 2 logins on the computer and I'm likely missing something. Dennis and I are very satisfied with the Seven Seas Society benefits.

If Regent gives all benefits away, there will be nothing left to use to attract new passengers (other than lowering fares which Regent does not want to do). I no longer keep close tabs on Seabourn and Silveresea but the last time I checked, they did not have included business class airfare (or any air for that matter) included excursions (although Silversea did offer a few), pre-cruise hotel, etc. So, Regent is way ahead of their competition and always has been.

Finally, as you will recall, giving included internet to everyone did diminish the level of service that we received (by slowing down the internet to a snails pace in some places in the world).

Anyway, Regent will do what it will do and all I can do is remind them how important loyalty benefits are to some/most passengers.

Jackie

P.S. If it hasn't happened already, upper level Seven Seas Society members will also get pre-boarding (that I am still against but if they are going to have this distinction, I'm happy that they are going to recognize their most loyal customers.)

Jackie,

We are not really far apart on this and I certainly value your opinion. I agree that the cost usually went up with the things you mentioned being included. In some cases, however, the cost went up at a rate less than the value of the benefit, in my opinion. In others, not so much. And the inclusion of free internet was something that they should not have done until they could support the demand. But the perceived value of included laundry ( real or imagined) is huge as a promotional item. However, If they raised prices to include it for all, all the time, it would it would be good for many (depending on the raise) but would certainly be a cost without incremental benefit to those that have free laundry through status. Regent has to consider all things and will do what they think will benefit them in the long run. I suspect loyalty is not valued much in the world of today, for better or worse.

Best,

John

Loyalty should always be rewarded in a work environment or any extended business relationship which faithful cruising with the same line would certainly be. I have seen companies desperate to get new employees provide salary and benefits even higher than faithful long term employees receive only to soon find out that it is very easy to lose the very core of their business by under valuing long term service and dedication to a job well done.

Companies do so at their own peril!

In terms of Regent cruisers being treated the same. This was 100% true before the pre-boarding fiasco began. Passengers were treated the same whether they were on their first cruise or if they stayed in a Master suite or the lowest suite. This is what luxury lines were known for. The differentiator was what happens inside the suite. As I have discussed with Regent corporate more than once, as long as the benefits (not loyalty benefits) are inside of your suite, it is something that others do not know about. If you are in a Grand suite or Category H suite, almost all crew members would be completely unaware of it since, unlike Oceania, you do not have to show your key card constantly.

???

Sorry tc2 but not true. The biggest bugbear we have is that upper suites have guaranteed reservations every night in the speciality rrestaurants. This is plain to see and is not inside your suite. Staff know it and cruisers know it when a table is empty as "it is reserved for xxx suite". Still knarks me!

[quote name=Travelcat2;56168765

In terms of Regent cruisers being treated the same. This was 100% true before the pre-boarding fiasco began. Passengers were treated the same whether they were on their first cruise or if they stayed in a Master suite or the lowest suite. This is what luxury lines were known for. The differentiator was what happens inside the suite. As I have discussed with Regent corporate more than once' date=' as long as the benefits (not loyalty benefits) are inside of your suite, it is something that others do not know about. If you are in a Grand suite or Category H suite, almost all crew members would be completely unaware of it since, unlike Oceania, you do not have to show your key card constantly.

quote]/

To keep repeating that the staff who come in contact with the passengers do not know who is who is incorrect. Why do you care so much if people know the occupants of the high end cabins? Truth be told....crew is quite aware and often from a known PITA perspective. The secret society concept seems to bother you more than any of the posters on CC.

Loyalty should always be rewarded in a work environment or any extended business relationship which faithful cruising with the same line would certainly be. I have seen companies desperate to get new employees provide salary and benefits even higher than faithful long term employees receive only to soon find out that it is very easy to lose the very core of their business by under valuing long term service and dedication to a job well done.

Companies do so at their own peril!

This might have been true in the past, but currently the contrary is true (at least in American corporations). Young people change jobs often. It is the way to get ahead and get a raise. Very few corporations promote from within. Furthermore the new employer does not frown upon the fact the employee changes jobs every few years, it’s actually considered a good thing because it is thought you are open to new challenges.

The reason I’m familiar is because my daughter is a millennial and this is the way of life. She also works in advertising and the term “branding” is what marketing relies on. Regent has an image they want to project, and know the lifestyle of the potential customers they need to fill their additional ship.

Finally nobody is getting any laundry taken away. I’ve been in other loyalty programs where things were taken away, as I’m sure many here have been also. And if one reads the tiny print somewhere it probably states that these benefits can be changed at any time at Regents discretion and are not legally binding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry tc2 but not true. The biggest bugbear we have is that upper suites have guaranteed reservations every night in the speciality rrestaurants. This is plain to see and is not inside your suite. Staff know it and cruisers know it when a table is empty as "it is reserved for xxx suite". Still knarks me!

There was a discussion about reserved tables on the Regent boards a few months ago. It was made clear by Regent (who posted on the thread) that saving/reserving tables is not permitted - not even for disabled passengers that prefer certain tables as it is easier for them to access.. I have heard about reserving tables onboard the ships occasionally but it is apparently against company policy.

In terms of the Grand and Master suites getting dining reservation in a specialty restaurant every night, I'm not sure how other passengers would know if you have this benefit or not. The reservations are made through your butler and you show up at the restaurant just like any other passenger. Having had this benefit, we end up dining in specialty restaurants once or twice per cruise. I suppose that some passengers could do this every night but we would find it boring. Since reservations are made by using suite numbers, the Maitre 'd would recognize the upper suite since there are so few of them.

Yes, I would love to have laundry included for everyone. I get one free bag of laundry every 7 days but more than that would be welcome. You're right that it will add to the Regent experience. After all, rates keep on going up.

Some of us have put in the days to earn the perk of Free Laundry

There was a discussion about reserved tables on the Regent boards a few months ago. It was made clear by Regent (who posted on the thread) that saving/reserving tables is not permitted - not even for disabled passengers that prefer certain tables as it is easier for them to access.. I have heard about reserving tables onboard the ships occasionally but it is apparently against company policy.

Just to be clear about accommodating disabled passengers, Jason wrote in that thread: "Select physical conditions or limitations often require additional consideration otherwise and we will accommodate appropriately." At least as far as on the dining rooms, in my experience, Regent will go out of its way to accommodate any disabled, including reserving tables.

J

Just to be clear about accommodating disabled passengers, Jason wrote in that thread: "Select physical conditions or limitations often require additional consideration otherwise and we will accommodate appropriately." At least as far as on the dining rooms, in my experience, Regent will go out of its way to accommodate any disabled, including reserving tables.

J

Really wish that I could remember what thread it was where someone said that no one can have reserved tables. If I find it, I will link the thread.

Just found it and I stand corrected. They do make special accommodations for disabled passengers (as they should). Below is the response that I was thinking of.

"

Jason OKeefe

Regent Seven Seas Cruises ~Verified Account

[/url] #67

27 Posts

Joined Feb 2017

Posted August 24th, 2017, 12:00 PM

To add clarity to this thread, I can confirm we do not allow dining tables to be reserved. This has been our longstanding policy and it has not changed. Groups are also not permitted to reserve tables and are encouraged to arrive early in effort to be seated close together. Select physical conditions or limitations often require additional consideration otherwise and we will accommodate appropriately.

Many guests do arrive early to Compass Rose to be seated by the windows and when they are available.

Additionally, our dining room team attempts to seat guests in the same area or within the same wait staff's area when possible in order to allow a more consistent level of personal experience. When the dining room is busier, sometimes this not always possible.

Jason O'Keefe

Regent Seven Seas Cruises"

Really wish that I could remember what thread it was where someone said that no one can have reserved tables. If I find it, I will link the thread.

Just found it and I stand corrected. They do make special accommodations for disabled passengers (as they should). Below is the response that I was thinking of.

"

Jason OKeefe

Regent Seven Seas Cruises ~Verified Account

27 Posts

Joined Feb 2017

Posted August 24th, 2017, 12:00 PM

To add clarity to this thread, I can confirm we do not allow dining tables to be reserved. This has been our longstanding policy and it has not changed. Groups are also not permitted to reserve tables and are encouraged to arrive early in effort to be seated close together. Select physical conditions or limitations often require additional consideration otherwise and we will accommodate appropriately.

Many guests do arrive early to Compass Rose to be seated by the windows and when they are available.

Additionally, our dining room team attempts to seat guests in the same area or within the same wait staff's area when possible in order to allow a more consistent level of personal experience. When the dining room is busier, sometimes this not always possible.

Jason O'Keefe

Regent Seven Seas Cruises"

Of course Regent accommodates the physically disabled. Common sense would prevail in a non-literal interpretation of the policy for most people.

Regent do reserve tables - for the Officers. You will see the tables set out with diner's names, including guests inbited to join the Officers.

Yes - they definitely do. It is the passengers that cannot reserve tables.

Yes - they definitely do. It is the passengers that cannot reserve tables.

Yes that may be what the Corporate Rules say, but on the ship it happens a lot. Some people want to sit in the same section/ location in the MDR. Often because they want the same waiter. By design or other wise, it seems to me that I see these people at the same table every night. Although most of these "reserved" tables are not what I would call as prime locations, like windows seats.

J

JMariner, what I think happens there is the same as happens throughout a Regent cruise: The staff do whatever they can to ensure everyone's wishes are fulfilled as far as possible. So, if they know that one has a preference for a particular spot and that spot is open, then that's where they are seated. But there are no guarantees - and therefore, no reservations.

Yes that may be what the Corporate Rules say, but on the ship it happens a lot. Some people want to sit in the same section/ location in the MDR. Often because they want the same waiter. By design or other wise, it seems to me that I see these people at the same table every night. Although most of these "reserved" tables are not what I would call as prime locations, like windows seats.

J

What you say could certainly be true but if people looked at us, they might incorrectly assume that we have the table reserved. We get to CR very early and do ask to sit in a certain section (not a certain table). If we are late and the section is full, we are out of luck (and yes - this has happened). We want to be in the section where we know the server, assistant server, etc. so we make the effort to arrive early.

We also like to eat dinner early. After the first night of the cruise, we like to sit in the same section because we want to keep the same waiter/assistant. As Travel Cat said, if we're late and can't be accommodated in our waiter's section, then so be it. I think a lot of people follow this pattern because on our last Regent cruise, we saw the same guests for the duration dining in "our" section. However, no tables were reserved. We simply asked to be seated in Mario's section, and they were happy to accommodate us if possible.