Jaime Dee is no longer a cruise director

shof515

Perhaps it is a pay issue... the cruise lines are not known for generous pay by USA standards.

Also, living on a cruise ship 24 x 7 for months at a time, and having to deal with passengers all day would get old really fast, I would think.

Huge turnover of CD's on CCL. I know it is a young persons job but wonder why so much turnover.

Used to have sailed with most of the CD's on their list these days hardly any.

....um Stu' date=' you would have to sail Carnival to sail with the CD's..... just sayin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps it is a pay issue... the cruise lines are not known for generous pay by USA standards.

Also, living on a cruise ship 24 x 7 for months at a time, and having to deal with passengers all day would get old really fast, I would think.

Cruise directors make good money + benefits.

....um Stu, you would have to sail Carnival to sail with the CD's..... just sayin.

Until about two years ago did about 5 a year with Carnival and got to know a bunch of them. Now we do 1 or 2 and still in touch with several we got to know during our Carnival years.

It's a fantastic opportunity that pays well, and probably creates quite the memories. I just don't see it as a job that you can do forever. It takes a significant investment of time and energy to do.

One need just watch Matt for a week and wonder where all that energy comes from and how does he keep it all going.

We sailed with Jaime twice, both on Pride. She is amazing, and I'm sorry she's leaving the on board life. But I get it - it's a hard life. Our PVP spent time on board ships until he decided he wanted a more regular schedule and time with his family.

I’d imagine it’s impossible to have much of a life, as far as relationships are concerned, unless you can find someone who is ok with you being away for long periods of time. Jamie is young and might want to settle down and have a family, and knows that won’t be possible as a CD. Or at least very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums