Costa Magica Questions - May 26th

CruisinChic

We are sailing on the Magica out of Stockholm on May 26th and this will be my first time on Costa (16th cruise). I have a few questions I was hoping the CC community could help me with:

- What night(s) are formal night? Assuming our only at sea day, which is Monday. But, not sure what other night they would have it.

- I’ve read the outlets on Costa accommodate US plugs. Is this true for Magica? I am assuming as long as what you are plugging in is dual voltage? Are they strictly 220V outlets?

- Disembarkation - how does Costa handle that? As an American in Sweden, I’m expecting it not to be as simple as disembarking in Miami. Just trying to get a general idea of what time we could expect to be off the ship. Our flight is not until the evening so that’s not a concern.

- Do they offer in room dining for breakfast at no charge? That is my preference on port days when scrambling to get ready and be downstairs early.

I’m sure I will think of more questions later!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Formal nights such as they are now , are normally on a sea day, depending when you start the cruise, one on 7 nights two in two weeks. Now only about 25% of men wear a tux, but ladies still look great,, (shame on us blokes) sorry can't be specific.

There is only one socket in the cabin for your use, take an EU adaptor, 110 w is normal takes longer than usual.

Disembarkation is done by coloured label's roughly to fight departures, if you have your own transfer you may stay on until 1.30 leave hand luggage in cabin stated on daily news sheet, we find it best to inform staff we will be getting off late.

Breakfast in your cabin is free in premium cabin (10 euros a day in classic) mainly continental, menu left in cabin in evening must be put outside on your door.

Now being Costa things can change fairly quickly so speak to English host about anything you might want they are very helpful.

Deck 5 in evenings

Thanks for the reply! This is only a 7 day sailing with only 1 day at sea so I guess 1 formal night, which works for me. Definitely do not want to have to rush back in from port for that!

We actually were hoping to get off relatively early so we can store our luggage at the train station and go sightseeing that day. Do they do any type of early check out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Costa only do two types of disembarking.

First by the coloured label's which they often do stick by the times letting you off, the other way is by taking your own luggage off the ship, by selecting this option you keep luggage in your cabin and then you can leave anytime 30 minutes after they get in.

You may go to reception the evening before departure and ask for an early departure time (label) they always do try to help then luggage is left outside cabin door and collected in arrivals hall (by Colour label) see evening news sheet.

I have not been on Magica but other ships in this class have a 110v US type outlet, but I believe at 50Hz, which in my experience affects alarm clocks. Note that anything with a surge protector is prohibited, on all ships.

If you're travelling by train early debarkation should be realistic- do not leave luggage outside the door.

The English language hosts are indeed always helpful but you must read the program for their hours.

• 1 month later...