Nassau Suggestion

critcatny

We've been to Nassau a few times and have done some walking around but nothing too far from port (straw market, junkanoo beach, shops, etc).

Was wondering if Ardastra Gardens is in walking distance from cruise port (about how long a walk? and if it's worth the walk?)

Another idea was the Glassbottom Boat tour but have heard good and bad about that. Some have said that you see very little.

Not looking to spend a lot of money. Thanks for any advice/suggestions in advance. We leave in 2 days so whatever we decide to do we will book while on the ship.

Ardastra Gardens is not within walking distance from the pier. It is about 3.3 km from the pier and not in a location that is easily walked to. It’s not hard to grab a taxi and the person working the front entrance at the gardens will call a return taxi for you when you’re done. We have done this before and it was an enjoyable couple of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son and I did a walking tour I found on line (Frommer's?) and it included the little fort and the Queens Stairs. We enjoyed it. It really depends on your physical ability and willingness to venture out a bit more. It was a few years ago and I would never take my son somewhere I would be concerned about.