Taxi from port to YVR

sailaway04

Hi all!

At the end of June I begin my Alaskan adventure with my family and had a question about getting a taxi to the airport at the end of the cruise. My family does not understand the meaning of "traveling light" and we will be gone for two weeks, so needless to say there will be much luggage plus a folded transport chair. I understand a lot of the cabs are prius models and they are not known for their storage capacities.

Do they offer larger type van cabs or even a shuttle size cab? Has anyone used a car service to pick them up from the pier and taken them to the airport, know a good one? I know there is a train option but with my mother, might not be the best one.

Also, does RCL offer an airport transfer option? I didn't see one but thought never hurts to ask. Flight is early afternoon so unable to do the excursion option with the transport.

Thanks in advance for the help!. :)

Just wait for a minivan cab - same price by law (metered - ballpark $35) and every 5 or 6 cabs in the lineup should be a van. Don't do cruise transfers - they all offer them but charge the same as an entire cab per person!!!!! Limos of various sizes are available - for 4 + luggage and chair, you'd need the SUV or Stretch sizes. They use set pricing from pier to airport so you will know exactly what you're paying, but it will be about 2.5x the cab meter price, even more if you go Stretch, and an extra $50 on top for a reserved Meet & Greet.

Whatever you do, don't take one of the black SUV "town cars" that circle the area. In my experience, the price quoted seems to change once you're at your destination. Also, they whine about taking a credit card and try to talk you into cash. I had to be very firm with our driver after listening to his spiel about how it costs him time and money to take a credit card.

I don't know how large your family is, but if at least 3 people, put 2 in the cab with as much luggage as it will hold. The rest take the train with the rest of the luggage if the amount left is easily manageable.

While we don't know the ages of your party, "mytime53" has a great suggestion. We left a ship this AM in Vancouver. There were two ships into Cananda Place, and the line for taxis was very, very long. We fly out tomorrow, and took the train out to our airport hotel.