Carnival Miracle May 27th itinerary has changed - staying in Tampa until Tuesday nigh

zaclies

I just got of the phone and was told to call back Monday because they only have the e-mail we received. I also called our travel insurance and was told the Itinerary change portion only takes affect once the ship leaves port then changes in mid sail so that's a bust too. My co-worker leaves on May 20th and has a full Itinerary so I am lost on this.

What reasons were they giving you?

Carnival will be offering either a full refund of the cruise fare OR if you board on Sunday a pro-rated refund of 2 days plus $200 shipboard credit. ...Plus complimentary daily round trip shuttle service to Busch Gardens, Ybor City, Clearwater Beach or the Tampa Premium Outlet Mall.

Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, as well as taxes, fees and port expenses for Mahogany Bay and Belize will be refunded to the onboard expense account.

They will also be offering a complimentary Carnival LIVE performance in the Main Theater on Monday by Country Western singer Tim Rushlow.

Note to all those who's posts run along the lines of: "We live in Florida and can cruise at a moment's notice if any good deals come along" .... This is one to check out come tomorrow or Monday.

Carnival will be offering either a full refund of the cruise fare OR if you board on Sunday a pro-rated refund of 2 days plus $200 shipboard credit. ...Plus complimentary daily round trip shuttle service to Busch Gardens, Ybor City, Clearwater Beach or the Tampa Premium Outlet Mall.

Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, as well as taxes, fees and port expenses for Mahogany Bay and Belize will be refunded to the onboard expense account.

They will also be offering a complimentary Carnival LIVE performance in the Main Theater on Monday by Country Western singer Tim Rushlow.

Note to all those who's posts run along the lines of: "We live in Florida and can cruise at a moment's notice if any good deals come along" .... This is one to check out come tomorrow or Monday.

I would be happy with that but I don’t live in Florida so free shuttles would be appealing plus I usually don’t get off the boat in Belize anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival will be offering either a full refund of the cruise fare OR if you board on Sunday a pro-rated refund of 2 days plus $200 shipboard credit. ...

I checked it out immediately when I read the first post yesterday morning (I live in Florida and can cruise at a moment’s notice). The itinerary showed only the two ports and when I clicked on “learn more” I got an error message. The cruise fare started at $709 for an inside.

Edited to add: I just checked again and got the same results.

It seems funny because a co-worker of mine leaves today 5/20/18 and has a full itinerary without any deviation. I also do not think it is maintenance because its Memorial day. Now I feel it can be only one of two things either they have a staff shortage and need the extra days to get the ship fully staffed or the received a possible security threat from one of the two ports either Belize or Rotan. If the second is true they would need to make another excuse because they would not want to spook the guest since it would cause a mass Exodus and the truth would be told by every media outlet. They need not be shady with us and tell us what is really going on so we can keep our family's safe and relax during the cruise. Stay tuned hopefully come Monday they will let us know since they put the email out on Friday night after everyone has gone home and have had the weekend to get a story prepared.

It seems funny because a co-worker of mine leaves today 5/20/18 and has a full itinerary without any deviation. I also do not think it is maintenance because its Memorial day. Now I feel it can be only one of two things either they have a staff shortage and need the extra days to get the ship fully staffed or the received a possible security threat from one of the two ports either Belize or Rotan. If the second is true they would need to make another excuse because they would not want to spook the guest since it would cause a mass Exodus and the truth would be told by every media outlet. They need not be shady with us and tell us what is really going on so we can keep our family's safe and relax during the cruise. Stay tuned hopefully come Monday they will let us know since they put the email out on Friday night after everyone has gone home and have had the weekend to get a story prepared.
Wow, into conspiracy theories much?

Not all cruise ship parts are something you can just run to Home Depot for. It's possible whatever they need couldn't be ordered or shipped on such short notice to delay today's sailing but will come in this week and permit them to do the work before the 5/27 (delayed) sailing.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

Not into conspiracy theories alerts have been issued and I have seen them since I'm in that field. Miracle has had propulsion issues in the past but last dry dock in 2015 it received a entire new system. Anything is possible but we should be told the entire truth about why it changed. I had to put in 5 months ago for time off and get change it. I'm in law enforcement and assigned to special operations so I can't get time off easily.

I checked it out immediately when I read the first post yesterday morning (I live in Florida and can cruise at a moment’s notice). The itinerary showed only the two ports and when I clicked on “learn more” I got an error message. The cruise fare started at $709 for an inside.

Edited to add: I just checked again and got the same results.

There is no reason for Carnival to encourage to book this cruise at last minute prices.

The cruise will already be incurring financial loss and any last minute cruiser would probably demand any refunds or credit toward a future cruise.

I live in Tampa and this will be my first 3 plus day cruise alone and its during my birthday. I was upset that I will be missing out on two ports but more than happy to go see the other ports. If you all are staying in Tampa till we set sail and need local advice, message me

There is no reason for Carnival to encourage to book this cruise at last minute prices.

The cruise will already be incurring financial loss and any last minute cruiser would probably demand any refunds or credit toward a future cruise.

The point is that Carnival sometimes discounts these sailings with last minute itinerary or schedule changes because it provides at least some incremental revenue to offset to lost revenue from refunds and increased expenses from OBCs and/or future cruise discounts.

A ship's operating expenses are largely fixed in the short term. Carnival can't increase profits by magically cutting the fixed costs on a single sailing for a large number of empty cabins that they had to refund at the last minute, but they can discount the cabins that would otherwise sail empty. Some revenue is better than no revenue if those cabins would otherwise sail empty.

People booking at a last minute discount wouldn't be entitled to any OBCs and/or future discounts. They'd be booking with full knowledge of the modified itinerary, and the inconvenience factor that other previously booked cruisers are being compensated for with OBCs or future discounts is already factored into the heavily discounted last-minute prices.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app

So, is this now a 5 day cruise, going to Grand Cayman, and Cozumel? If so, I hope they make Grand Cayman. It took us 6 tries before we finally got there. We've been on a 5 day cruise out of Tampa once, on Paradise, and we only ended up going to 1 port. It wasn't fun.

So, is this now a 5 day cruise, going to Grand Cayman, and Cozumel? If so, I hope they make Grand Cayman. It took us 6 tries before we finally got there. We've been on a 5 day cruise out of Tampa once, on Paradise, and we only ended up going to 1 port. It wasn't fun.

Us to on the Paradise the did an overnight in Couzeml. Guess we need to hope for the best.

:)

Not into conspiracy theories alerts have been issued and I have seen them since I'm in that field. Miracle has had propulsion issues in the past but last dry dock in 2015 it received a entire new system. Anything is possible but we should be told the entire truth about why it changed. I had to put in 5 months ago for time off and get change it. I'm in law enforcement and assigned to special operations so I can't get time off easily.

More then likely it has nothing to do with security as many ships visit those ports during the week, and there aren't others not going,,, right?

We were on the Miracle in Feb. and there was a very noticeable shimmering in the rear of the ship.

Many here have stated they felt it also, others say they haven't, which I can only explain with they were really drinking not to notice! -))

If it was a security or a threat issue I'm sure that's something that would be made known. They easily could've just changed ports. That's what they did when the swine flu was a big issue and they stopped going to ports in Mexico for awhile. I'm just curious as to what the issue is considering the 5/13 and 5/20 sailings seemed to not have any issues.

Spoke with the Carnival Diamond staff today. They said it is maintennce that needs to be done and had be scheduled but also said it was not a safety issue. When I pressed for more information she told me that the corporate office was not giving more to them. She did verify that we will be having 2 elegant nights and the Platinum/Diamond party. I was also told that Carnival is still working on the time logistics while in Tampa but said we will have to be on the ship by a certain time and might not be able to get off on Sunday since they have to get an accuate count and luggae delivered but that is still being decided. I was also told over 100 people did cancel so far and others still had until Weds. That's all I got but it' a start for now until furher information is released.

Not sure what you mean that the ship "received a entire new system". Miracle has had azipods since newbuild, and still has azipods. While in drydock, ships with azipods routinely exchange the thrust shaft sub-assembly for a reconditioned one, but that is no guarantee that it still wouldn't break down 2.5-3 years later, especially given that these are the older version of azipods.

I highly doubt there is a "concealed" security threat involved. As for "staff shortages", there are pools of crew waiting in their home countries for the call from the crewing agencies to get right on a plane and get to the ship. Unless the ship had a hundred unexpected crew quit with little notice (they normally don't because then they have to pay their own way home), this isn't the issue.

Given that the last drydock was in 2015, and that Miracle is under 15 years old, I suspect this is the statutory UWILD (Underwater Inspection in lieu of Drydock), since this is the last UWILD Miracle can do. After 15 years, UWILDs are no longer acceptable, and the ship must drydock twice in 5 years. This can take 2-3 days of divers examining and filming virtually every inch of the ship that is underwater. Frequently, this is done over 2-3 turn-around days, but Carnival may have found themselves up against the time frame limit and had to do it all at once. It requires the sufficient dive infrastructure to get the inspection done, and the necessary visibility in the water, as well as the required permits to do the inspection from the port. This will also involve things like polishing the propellers and renewing zinc anodes that require permitting (removal of the marine growth on the propellers is an EPA regulated task)(welding in port requires permits from the USCG).

Cannot believe that Carnival is not coming clean as to why the delay. We live local, diamond passengers and will have a good time whether docked in Tampa or on an island.

The reason for delay is one issue, I am also curious about the prorate statement versus two day refund. Might be the same, but representative told us adjustments would be made once on ship. Carnival is not exactly a leader in refunds so this whole deal is interesting.

I called WFLA to see if they could find out what is really going on.

Might help if others did the same.

Fun reasons for delay: Captain lost the map, Chef ate his own food and has food poisoning, propeller keeps falling off.

Feel free to contribute delay reasons.