Junkanoo Clean or Dirty?

Cinders411

I have seen folks on here recommending Junkanoo Beach. When my son and his girlfriend walked there, they reported it was pretty dirty. They said there was a lot of broken glass on the beach and a good bit of trash. I already understand that it is a public beach. We are not expecting pristine conditions, just not horrible ones. My son visited in October 2013, so it has been awhile. Seeking first hand accounts of the current status of the beach. Trying to decide if it is worth walking to or if perhaps we should just pay for an excursion. Looking for any helpful advice. Thank you.

If you don't want to be hassled by vendors, then don't go to Junkanoo. There is a TON of beach options in Nassau.

- Take a cab to Love Beach and hang out at the Nirvana Beach Bar

- Book an excursion to Blue Lagoon Island (beach break)

- Get day passes to Atlantis

- Day pass to the Melia

and really, the list can go on and on.

I am not too worried about the vendor issues. Really just looking for answers to the question about condition of the beach. Anyone?

Time of year will factor in the answer.

some times it looks awesome. others way too crowded.

sometimes the beach is white== sometimes its brown

sometimes the water looks blue and others look like its murkey brown

Google? Junkanoo beach nassau then click on images and you will see what i mean

joke-over-head.png

It's not a joke when folks are looking for real information and have never been there..

In reality, Junkanoo Beach is only as dirty as the last set of cruisers left it.

trash removal is done several times a day and the beach is cleaned in the morning,''

It can get pretty dirty throughout the day with trash and litter from fellow cruisers.

I am not too worried about the vendor issues. Really just looking for answers to the question about condition of the beach. Anyone?

Your concerns are a non-issue. The beach is very clean and nice. It's not the nicest beach in Nassau but it's the closest and more than adequate to enjoy the day. Tiki Bikini Hut is the popular spot if you want to get drinks, loungers, umbrella, etc. You'll have a great time.

It's not a joke when folks are looking for real information and have never been there..

In reality, Junkanoo Beach is only as dirty as the last set of cruisers left it.

trash removal is done several times a day and the beach is cleaned in the morning,''

It can get pretty dirty throughout the day with trash and litter from fellow cruisers.

Exactly .... Not a joke for people looking for REAL information!

I also wanted to add that we were only approached by vendors when we first entered. One person offered us loungers and told us about their food options. No one bothered us the rest of the day.