Ketchikan

Ladyaruba

I enjoyed my flight with Michelle from Island Wings and she gets great reviews.

Personally IMHO a far better flight would be out of Skagway with Mountain Flying over Glacier Bay. Much better scenery, it's spectacular. Go with the longest flight you can, more air time is better. Last year we even landed way up in a mountain pass overlooking Glacier Bay. Scary but unforgettable

1st trip to Alaska coming up this July. We were tempted to book with Island Wings given the widespread rave reviews here and at trip advisor, but we went the cheaper route and used the Alaska tour saver book to get the 2 for 1 with Taquan Air.

1st trip to Alaska coming up this July. We were tempted to book with Island Wings given the widespread rave reviews here and at trip advisor, but we went the cheaper route and used the Alaska tour saver book to get the 2 for 1 with Taquan Air.

Might do that if she isn't available!

Question for those who have taken the tour with Island Wings - were you able to land on a lake, and walk in Tongrass Natl Forest? We are scheduled with Michelle this July . Any bugs? Was there a dock? Concerned about footwear, and/ or wet feet. Do you need a jacket on the plane? Really excited - it sounds beautiful!

We booked with Michelle and Island Wings for the Misty Fjords 3 hour tour!

Both nervous and excited! Never been on a small plane before��

Good for you! I'm sure you'll love the experience. She works very hard to make sure you have a great time.

Question for those who have taken the tour with Island Wings - were you able to land on a lake, and walk in Tongrass Natl Forest? We are scheduled with Michelle this July . Any bugs? Was there a dock? Concerned about footwear, and/ or wet feet. Do you need a jacket on the plane? Really excited - it sounds beautiful!

We landed on a small island in the middle of a lake. The scenery was breathtaking!!One of our all time favorite excursions. As I recall, I just wore sneakers. I do recommend a light jacket.

Ketchikan is a port where you can pick up walk up flights. I'd suggest, arranging this at the very beginning of your port time. I am a long time customer of Southeast Aviation and have flown with them multiple times. Every trip is just superb.

No most landings do not allow any "walking" You will have to stay in the very general area- UNLESS, you specifically book a trekking option. Sure there can be "bugs", Pretty much possible anywhere. There is a dock- BUT- it's up to the pilot- that day, if they use it or not. I've had multiple different landing sites, along with the "dock". Sometimes, assumptions are made that routes are fixed, in Alaska, - there are numerous alternatives.