No live band at theater shows?

We are just finishing up our cruise on the Carnival Paradise. This is the 1st Carnival cruise we have been on where they did not have a live band at the theater shows each night. It's been 5 years since our last Carnival vruies, is this the norm for all Carnival cruises now?

One Playlist Production show DOES have live band, it is the American Rocks! show. We saw it last year and loved it. They had the rock band onboard do it with the show performers. Its even better than Epic Rock if you get a chance to see it.

Carnival has live music in many places throughout the ships. While it is true that in the beginning Playlist was all canned, they are slowly returning to more and more live music. There are some here who pan Playlist, I would recommend you make your own opinion. We found the shows entertaining and good talent, same for the entertainment throughout the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I read somewhere that Triumph is the last ship that doesn't have Playlist. As a poster above said, some people like to put down Playlist for various reasons. While the shows don't have live music, most of the shows are still pretty good.

There should be lots of live music all over the ship.

We sailed on the Triumph in April and they did have the live orchestra of about 10. The shows were very good. But we have also enjoyed the Playlist Productions on other ships. Everyone has to decide for themselves if they like it or not. Give it a try.

I read somewhere that Triumph is the last ship that doesn't have Playlist. As a poster above said, some people like to put down Playlist for various reasons. While the shows don't have live music, most of the shows are still pretty good.

There should be lots of live music all over the ship.

i have a sad feeling that the shows will change over to playlist next year when the triumph is drydocked :(

i have a sad feeling that the shows will change over to playlist next year when the triumph is drydocked :(

They do have the contract so your feeling is probably correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bands were great and Playlist is not nearly as good. Another Carnival cutback.

Is that a statement or your signature? Every post seems to end the same way so I might be confused....

One Playlist Production show DOES have live band, it is the American Rocks! show. We saw it last year and loved it. They had the rock band onboard do it with the show performers. Its even better than Epic Rock if you get a chance to see it.

Actually not a fan of the Epic Rock show.

At least there are live cover bands else were on the ship.

Actually not a fan of the Epic Rock show.

At least there are live cover bands else were on the ship.

We enjoyed epic rock, but that is just us. After seeing celestial strings on Horizon, it is definitely something different. Vote we talent was extremely good but sure was a different show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that a statement or your signature? Every post seems to end the same way so I might be confused....

And if you look at the poster's signature, they have a future Carnival cruise booked in 2019. I scratch my head about that...complain about "cutbacks" yet continue to sail.

And if you look at the poster's signature, they have a future Carnival cruise booked in 2019. I scratch my head about that...complain about "cutbacks" yet continue to sail.

Last time I checked we still have free speech, Correct? Since you are the master observer then you must have noticed I drastically cutback on Carnival. Oh yeah and it's a 2018 cruise, maybe it will turn me into a cheerleader? or maybe they will stop cutting back so much?

Took our first and last Carnival cruise on the Horizon TA. The canned music detracted from the theatre shows, and the theatre itself is poorly constructed with many obstructed view seats, the worst theatre I have seen on any Cruise ship. The live music was so much better on RCI and NCL. The Cuban show was best on Horizon, included live music, the others were not worth the time. The Cuban showed played twice in an 800 person theatre for a ship with 3,920 passengers, so to get a decent seat one had to show up 45 minutes before the show or sit behind a pole.

Took our first and last Carnival cruise on the Horizon TA. The canned music detracted from the theatre shows, and the theatre itself is poorly constructed with many obstructed view seats, the worst theatre I have seen on any Cruise ship. The live music was so much better on RCI and NCL. The Cuban show was best on Horizon, included live music, the others were not worth the time. The Cuban showed played twice in an 800 person theatre for a ship with 3,920 passengers, so to get a decent seat one had to show up 45 minutes before the show or sit behind a pole.

Were the violins canned on Celestial Strings? Happy cruising!

Last time I checked we still have free speech, Correct? Since you are the master observer then you must have noticed I drastically cutback on Carnival. Oh yeah and it's a 2018 cruise, maybe it will turn me into a cheerleader? or maybe they will stop cutting back so much?

So you cutting back on Carnival is yet another cutback? I am detecting a theme.