Flying to Fairbanks, which side of plane to sit?

JP-Cruise

Hello,

I am flying from Minneapolis to Fairbanks on delta airlines this summer. I was just wondering, which side of the plane is the more scenic side and offers more views?

Last summer flying into Alaska for the first time I didn’t really care about where I was sitting on the plane, got stuck with a nice view of the plane wing lol. While other people got better views of the glaciers etc. I kind of regretted that, but you live you learn right ?

The flight path into Fairbanks generaly takes you over Delta Junction (approximately 100 miles SE of Fairbanks) and then over the Tanana Flats before turning in a more northerly direction into Fairbanks. The approach is most frequently from the south. Denali can periodically been seen just prior to the landing (assuming you are approaching from the south). It would be on the left side of the aircraft and forward.

The flight path into Fairbanks generaly takes you over Delta Junction (approximately 100 miles SE of Fairbanks) and then over the Tanana Flats before turning in a more northerly direction into Fairbanks. The approach is most frequently from the south. Denali can periodically been seen just prior to the landing (assuming you are approaching from the south). It would be on the left side of the aircraft and forward.

Excellent, thanks for the info. I’m sitting on the left side of the plane :)