Cabo San Lucas, Mexico...beach ?

monakayk

The best beach at Cabo is Lover’s Beach. You can get ther via water taxi, but be aware that. You have to get off in the water, and get back on from the water when you leave. One side of the beach is the Sea of Cortez, and the other side is the Pacific, and very rough. I think you can take a cab to another beach, but we’ve never been. You should look at the Mexican Riviera boards to get more info here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=203

Take the ships tender to the port. From there grab a water taxi to Medano beach. About $6. They will drop you off right in front of the Office. That’s a well know and awesome restaurant. The beach is great and you can walk it or swim right there. Mango bar is next door if you want to party. There’s nothing to do at lovers beach but it is very pretty. Walk further down from the office and get a great massage on the beach for $30. You rent jet skis right by the office too.

I was fit and it was still very difficult to get in and out of the water taxi. Very rough water.

Be aware that you cannot swim at any of the beaches because the rip current is so strong. Many drownings.

We go to Cabo once or twice a year and have also cruised there many times. Medano beach is very safe with virtually no waves as it is protected by the peninsula with the famous rock formation. All the other beaches are as described very dangerous especially on the Pacific Ocean side. Virtually anything is available at Medano beach as far as rentals, food and drinks. Also lots of people selling stuff on the sand.

Enjoy!!

Take the ships tender to the port. From there grab a water taxi to Medano beach. About $6. They will drop you off right in front of the Office. That’s a well know and awesome restaurant. The beach is great and you can walk it or swim right there. Mango bar is next door if you want to party. There’s nothing to do at lovers beach but it is very pretty. Walk further down from the office and get a great massage on the beach for $30. You rent jet skis right by the office too.

I agree with Devo1459. I have been to Cabo a lot and the beach is not safe to swim in and people die every year thinking it wont happen to them. Medano Beach is where everyone goes to swim and enjoy "The Office". You can rent a chair there and they will wait on you in your chair while you swim. I would avoid the water taxi if you have to get out in the water.