Revised Suite Amenties Information

vtcruising

The new suite amenity list appears to be an improvement. We have a B to B on EDGE Dec 6 & 9. We know there are no perks on a short cruise so thought the only free drinks Dec. 6 would be in The Retreat. We expected to pay for drinks otherwise or maybe carry drinks from The Retreat bar to Luminea or the Retreat sun deck. Now we have a beverage package. The same would go for a TA on EDGE. While other cruises would have GO Best in suites, that is and has been a promotion and could go away at any time.

As to the other things, it always amazes me how discussions carry on as folks worry about what brand of soap or type of chocolate they're going to get. On Cunard you get Godiva because of a promotional tie-in but we get no more excited about those than whatever hits our pillow on "X".

It would be a nice touch if all staterooms received the Nate Berkus bag for the Inaugural cruise, along with the black Edge t-shirts. ;)

Like if you go to the grand opening of an Apple Store – you get the special opening day t-shirt. :D

We are getting the Nate Berkus tote bags in our SS (and those in a CS as well) on the first chic night. You had me worried so I rechecked. I will carry mine proudly. ;)

VT- sorry I worried you but I was referring to the strange way to distribute the two different tote bags (VIP and Nate Berkus) according to the chart. All suites except Reflection and Signature get Nate Berkus. All suites except Iconic and Edge Villa get the VIP. So if you are on a CS or SS on Edge you get both?? By the way I have a closet full of different Celebrity and RCCL tote bags at home from various cruises if anybody wants one!

Well, all I can suggest is, if there are passengers in the upper level suites not in love with the Nate Berkis bags, I will pay the postage to have them shipped to me! ;-)

bon voyage

Bo- I will ship the one I get to you or give it to you directly if we share a future cruise!

Bo- I will ship the one I get to you or give it to you directly if we share a future cruise!

t - you live so close to me, I Am willing to take you to lunch and pick it up personally...

Thanks buddy and bon voyage

Goodbye Bvlgary. I will miss you.

Oh no! We have been on Celebrity just once so far, a few years ago, and I just loved the Bvlgari toiletries. I will miss them on our second Celebrity cruise we are taking next year. Those Bvlgary products smell so darned good. So many Celebrity changes coming up, I'm thinking we will hardly recognize the Summit from the first time we were there. Still, looking forward to it. :D

VT- sorry I worried you but I was referring to the strange way to distribute the two different tote bags (VIP and Nate Berkus) according to the chart. All suites except Reflection and Signature get Nate Berkus. All suites except Iconic and Edge Villa get the VIP. So if you are on a CS or SS on Edge you get both?? By the way I have a closet full of different Celebrity and RCCL tote bags at home from various cruises if anybody wants one!

No worries - I was being was tongue in cheek. I can live without a Nate Berkus bag - it only interests me because it is given out only on the Edge (hence not given to Reflection and Signature suites), so will be a nice memento. I think because the Edge Villas and Iconics are Edge only they aren't checked for the VIP bags. My guess is that all the other ships will receive the VIP tote and Edge the Nate tote.

I'm looking at the Bvlgary and Bigelow - I think maybe the Bvlgary isn't checked for the IC and EV because all Edge suites get Bigelow and the other ships Bvlgary? People on the Edge Forum have said the Bigelow is very nice.

The chart is confusing - they may need to tweak it. I'm just glad they revised it because they still had one on their website that said that Sky Suites couldn't use Michael's. These little issues with totes, chocolates and toiletries aren't a big deal (at least to me). :D

Bo - if I receive a Nate on each of my first 3 Edge cruises, I will be happy to send you one of my totes. If he is on one of those first cruises with me I will see if he can sign it. :D

If the Retreat expereince is not what it is expected to be, and at this point I think we all have some pretty high expectations on what we want it to be, bags are not going to matter much for repeat business in this cabin category, particuarly at the pricing levels that have been established.

Can you imagine picking a cabin because there was a nice quiet suite above you then having some bozo on an exercise bike every morning? At least it's not a treadmill...

This bozo owns one of those bikes and they are quiet - I ride mine all the time at 5am with no impact to the rest of my family.

• Like 1

It really doesn’t look as if much is changing except that on the Revolutionize ships there will no longer be a Michael’s Club Lounge. It will be a part of the retreat deck.

The rest is a lot of fluff. All suites will basically get the 4 perks, dine in Luminae and have a open bar in a suite lounge. That is what guests mostly book a suite for other than th larger cabins.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I was surprised to see that all suites -- including the Sky Suite which we reserved -- have a:

"Vanity, walk-in closet, master bathroom with whirlpool tub, shower stall, and double" (I assume they mean double sink).

I didn't see those things in the Edge Sky Suite layouts.

I don't think that all that holds true for the Sky Suites. The tub/shower is a combo - not sure if it is jetted as I have seen both in the descriptions, but the video doesn't look like it is jetted. The closet will not be big enough to walk in, as far as I can see in the depiction. The the sink is one huge sink, with a faucet on either end. A great suite, but not quite what they are describing there. :D

Here is a good video, in case you haven't seen it:

I was in a SS on Constellation last year and a SS on Reflection earlier this year and was contacted by the on shore concierge both times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could it be because of your Blue Chip status? I'm not sure if the higher levels are contacted?

That chart is confusing. It says Co Bigelow and Bvlgari are both on revolutionized ships.

It is confusing. I think this sheet was placed online before it was proofed. It could be that they will transition to Bigelow. In the TA preview of the Edge last week, they had Bigelow in their hotel rooms and were told that there would be the Bigelow collection below on the Edge for concierge. If it is for concierge, I would think they would step it up for the suites. Maybe a better selection or maybe will keep Bvlgary for suites? Will find out in November.

enhance

Could it be because of your Blue Chip status? I'm not sure if the higher levels are contacted?

That could be it. I am Sapphire level and both Sapphire and Ruby have that benefit when I look at the benefits chart. I had forgotten about that.