First time on Celebrity Equinox

Skip2MySue

We are newbies on Celebrity as we've been RCCL cruiser's for most of our cruising lives together staying in various cabins from OS, GS, JrS and balcony. We booked an S2 Sky Suite aft #1665 on The Equinox for June 1, 2019. We know nothing about the ins and outs of a Celebrity cruise especially regarding the suite life and all the good stuff we're hoping for. Any and all info that you experienced cruiser's can provide will be greatly appreciated such as embarkation, disembarkation, restaurants, this particular suite, shows, sauna's, pools, solarium. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Skip

There will be a separate check in line for Suites, you I’ll be directed to that line at the port. Luminae is the dining room for suite guests and reservations are not needed, just show up when you are ready. Luminae is open for breakfast & dinner daily and for lunch on sea days.

Evening shows are normally at 7 and 9, no reservations needed for shows.

Cabin 1665 is at the very aft of the ship so it is a long walk from the elevators to your cabin but watching the wake on the balcony is great.

Enjoy your cruise.

Looks like you are Diamond Plus on Royal so be sure to register with Celebrity's Captains Club and make sure they have your C&A number so you can get some matching status on Celebrity. At the Elite level you get 90 minutes of free interent, useable when you want, not in a block, access to the Elite Cocktail hour, 1 free bag of laundry for each member, a back stage tour, access to the Elite breakfast, a free scoop of gelato for starters.

We are newbies on Celebrity as we've been RCCL cruiser's for most of our cruising lives together staying in various cabins from OS, GS, JrS and balcony. We booked an S2 Sky Suite aft #1665 on The Equinox for June 1, 2019. We know nothing about the ins and outs of a Celebrity cruise especially regarding the suite life and all the good stuff we're hoping for. Any and all info that you experienced cruiser's can provide will be greatly appreciated such as embarkation, disembarkation, restaurants, this particular suite, shows, sauna's, pools, solarium. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Skip

The wife and I cruised Equinox in July (our first Celebrity). However, I've been on few RCCL ship before I was married. This was the first time my wife has ever cruised, and well.... she's been spoiled by the luxury of Celebrity. Don't get me wrong, I still like RCCL, but for young married couple (or older) without Kids.... It was great. The glass of champagne when boarding was a great start to the cruise. We just had a standard balcony veranda room, and it was fine for us. We booked Concierge Class for next summer for the Eastern Route.

Food: Overall, better than RCCL. Your experience may vary, but we enjoy the MDR immensely. We ate at Tuscan one night, and didn't feel it was worth the surcharge. We probably won't eat again. However, we may try Murano next summer. Oceanview Cafe very similar to WindJammer on RCCL.

Entertainment: It's a lot more mellow than most RCCL ships IMO. At night, there are the typical shows, but we skipped many of them in favor of an extra (or two) drinks at the Martini Bar. Band were good, we enjoyed the Sky(I forget the real name) Bar for late night dancing and booze with a few younger couples (we're in our twenties).

Happy and answer any questions in particular, but we're hooked on Celebrity for the future.

As Diamond PLus on Royal you have access to a dedicated lounge for Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle. You can go any time, day or night. There is no such comparable lounge for high tier Captain's Club members on Celebrity.

Another thing, although you are D+ on Royal, you will not be Elite Plus on Celebrity. The reciprocity ends at Elite, but you will receive some nice benefits as Elite which another poster kindly outlined for you above.

One of your nice benefits will be the Tuscany breakfast served from 8 to 10 AM. It is actually more of a light European breakfast but free mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis are served if you would care for them. One poster has said that Celebrity has started charging for these drinks, but when we were on Eclipse in April, there was no charge.

Also cappuccinos and cafe mochas are offered. Hubby and I really enjoy this breakfast and its spectacular view of the ship's wake, but some do feel they want a more substantial breakfast, so they eat elsewhere.

I hope you enjoy Celebrity as much as we do. We are Diamond Plus members on Royal, but frankly do sail Celebrity more often now. We just sail Royal, usually Oasis Class ships, when we are with family. Both are very good cruise lines.

If looks as if you booked a Sky Suite. With that I think you also got all 4 perks.

Being in a suite with all 4 perks is all you need. I wouldn’t worry or be concerned about any benefits from Captains Club because you won’t really be needing or using any of them.

As a suite guest with all 4 perks you will have unlimited internet, and the premium drink pack that will take care of all of you beverages at every bar, dining room and venue.

You will also have full access to Michael’s Club that also has unlimited drinks and is a private bar for suite guests. This bar may change to another location after the Revolution

Suites also have their own private restaurant for breakfast that is a lot better than the Elite morning coffee break that is just a continental breakfast.

The Equinox is scheduled for the Revolution upgrade in May 2019 so you will be one of first to cruise with the new suite private deck, pool, and other benefits of that upgrade.

So many things that are now may be different when you sail.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We loved our cruise on the equinox this past June. We found the food in MDR to be above Rccl in selection and quality. We are actually looking at sailing again in February. Every time I price out a Rccl cruise vs celebrity, the value goes to celebrity with the perks. I do miss the entertainment on the Rccl ships going but we are starting to see the same headliners too often.

Have a wonderful cruise!

If looks as if you booked a Sky Suite. With that I think you also got all 4 perks.

Being in a suite with all 4 perks is all you need. I wouldn’t worry or be concerned about any benefits from Captains Club because you won’t really be needing or using any of them.

As a suite guest with all 4 perks you will have unlimited internet, and the premium drink pack that will take care of all of you beverages at every bar, dining room and venue.

You will also have full access to Michael’s Club that also has unlimited drinks and is a private bar for suite guests. This bar may change to another location after the Revolution

Suites also have their own private restaurant for breakfast that is a lot better than the Elite morning coffee break that is just a continental breakfast.

The Equinox is scheduled for the Revolution upgrade in May 2019 so you will be one of first to cruise with the new suite private deck, pool, and other benefits of that upgrade.

So many things that are now may be different when you sail.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes, we are in a Sky Suite but we chose to not take the perks as we are very limited drinkers, and get 90 minutes free internet so we ended up saving $1000 by eliminating the perk package.

Skip