Old price better

pthjudy

I have been watching a particular cruise and noticed a big rise in price when the double upgrade promotion started. I would be happier with the lower starting price ($3300) vs ($4500) as a lower category is fine with me. Does anyone know how long this promotion will run and if the old starting price will return? Also does Azamara have refundable or non refundable deposits?

I have been watching a particular cruise and noticed a big rise in price when the double upgrade promotion started. I would be happier with the lower starting price ($3300) vs ($4500) as a lower category is fine with me. Does anyone know how long this promotion will run and if the old starting price will return? Also does Azamara have refundable or non refundable deposits?

Generally prices increase as it gets closer to the cruise date (unless the cruise is not selling well). Another reason to book a cruise when you see a price that is acceptable to you.

FYI, I was on hold today for something like TWO HOURS with a question for Azamara. When I finally got through, she told me they're very busy b/c today started an opportunity to combine two promos. One I believe is the two category upgrade and I don't remember what the other one is, to be honest. However, perhaps the two cat. upgrades are moving sluggishly so they upped the ante a bit.

Of course, that doesn't help those who don't care about the upgrade, and just want an inside or an outside. The thing is, those insides and outsides out to be wide open when the promo comes off, no? and presumably the price goes down, to fill those cabins.

Anyway, I hope it works out for everybody who's waiting.

FYI, I was on hold today for something like TWO HOURS with a question for Azamara. When I finally got through, she told me they're very busy b/c today started an opportunity to combine two promos. One I believe is the two category upgrade and I don't remember what the other one is, to be honest. However, perhaps the two cat. upgrades are moving sluggishly so they upped the ante a bit.

Of course, that doesn't help those who don't care about the upgrade, and just want an inside or an outside. The thing is, those insides and outsides out to be wide open when the promo comes off, no? and presumably the price goes down, to fill those cabins.

Anyway, I hope it works out for everybody who's waiting.

Hi May B, I'm so sorry you were on hold for so long! It is true, our phone lines have been ringing off the hook. Sales are good :hearteyes:

As Wripro says, it's good to use a Travel Professional to save your time, but also, as you mention, there is a second promotion. October is CLIA’s National Plan a Cruise month (Cruise Lines International Association is a travel agent association.) They have a special incentive for new bookings made this month, on select lines. But that is no excuse for such a long wait time on our end. I do apologize for that.

Hi May B, I'm so sorry you were on hold for so long! It is true, our phone lines have been ringing off the hook. Sales are good :hearteyes:

As Wripro says, it's good to use a Travel Professional to save your time, but also, as you mention, there is a second promotion. October is CLIA’s National Plan a Cruise month (Cruise Lines International Association is a travel agent association.) They have a special incentive for new bookings made this month, on select lines. But that is no excuse for such a long wait time on our end. I do apologize for that.

Bonnie, is that an incentive for travel agents booking the cruise (like ten new bookings gets them something), or an incentive for customers?

Edited by hiccups

Bonnie, is that an incentive for travel agents booking the cruise, or something they can pass along to customers?

It is an additional OBC offer for new bookings made during the Plan a Cruise Month, October 1-31, through a CLIA travel professional, on selected voyages. The voyages on our ships range from March 2019-April 2020.

It is an additional OBC offer for new bookings made during the Plan a Cruise Month, October 1-31, through a CLIA travel professional, on selected voyages. The voyages on our ships range from March 2019-April 2020.

Thank you! So assuming my TA is a CLIA member, she would have the list of cruises eligible?

Thank you! So assuming my TA is a CLIA member, she would have the list of cruises eligible?

Yes, she'll have the list of eligible cruises. Most TA's that sell cruises are part of CLIA. And FYI, the October CLIA special is across the board for all participating cruise lines. Of course we'd love for you to book an Azamara cruise, but the promotion is intended to highlight the value of always using a CLIA agent for all your cruise needs. So I'm giving them a well-deserved plug for being there for all cruise lines since 1975!