Say It Ain’t So! Russ Is Leaving???

CA Oceanfront

We are terribly saddened about this, if it’s true. He has such a unique gift of hospitality and authenticity. BIG Loss for Azamara and it’s passengers, and a huge gain for Crystal.

One has to wonder, with all of the changes happening at Azamara, including the entertainment department, if Russ took exception to the direction in which the line is heading.

I know I won’t be the only one looking to sail on Symphony now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Russ is a great talent and a terrific person. He will be sorely missed by Azamara. I wish him all the best with his new position. I do hope to have the opportunity to sail with him again some day! Good luck Russ!!,

Bad luck for Azamara, I can't help thinking the recent changes are not so good.

Lisa

Russ is a great talent and a terrific person. He will be sorely missed by Azamara. I wish him all the best with his new position. I do hope to have the opportunity to sail with him again some day! Good luck Russ!!,

Bad luck for Azamara, I can't help thinking the recent changes are not so good.

Lisa

not been on Quest for a while. Eric and Russ i met long before Tony. so far we do not know if this is true or not. nothing on the other boards about a new hire.

The one CD I met on Crystral is older than any AZ CD's.

not been on Quest for a while. Eric and Russ i met long before Tony. so far we do not know if this is true or not. nothing on the other boards about a new hire.

The one CD I met on Crystral is older than any AZ CD's.

Shane, CD on Crystal Symphony, is youngish, Australian. If true, is Russ destined for the Serenity?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

Can somebody confirm if this is true please?

Yes sadly this is true, Russ is leaving Azamara for Crystal. In fact I think it may be today that he leaves the ship.

He told us when we were having dinner with him onboard Quest a few weeks ago but asked us not to post anything on social media at that time.

As Phil has already said, we wish him all the best in his new challenge and opportunity. However there is absolutely no doubt that he will be greatly missed by both the passengers and crew on Quest. Crystal has gained a wonderful CD.

Can somebody confirm if this is true please?

Please see post numbers 94 & 96 from the Azamara forum thread entitled “Live From Quest Rome to Venice.” These posts are both from experienced and credible Azamara forum contributors currently sailing with Russ. Also mentioned in post number 102.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes sadly this is true, Russ is leaving Azamara for Crystal. In fact I think it may be today that he leaves the ship.

He told us when we were having dinner with him onboard Quest a few weeks ago but asked us not to post anything on social media at that time.

As Phil has already said, we wish him all the best in his new challenge and opportunity. However there is absolutely no doubt that he will be greatly missed by both the passengers and crew on Quest. Crystal has gained a wonderful CD.

He leaves in a week.

Phil

Wishing all the best to Russ upon his new position. Sad that we won't see him again.

And congratulations to the new appointee who has an opportunity to build his/her own network of relationships and memories.

Looking forward to experiencing their presence on board.

I am so sorry to hear Russ is leaving Azamara. My next cruise on the Quest will not be the same without him. I am also sorry to hear that he is not going to the Crystal Serenity. I was hoping we would be able at least to sail with him when we board the Serenity for our WC next year.

We wish him all the best. It has been a great pleasure to meet him. I am sure that Crystal Cruises will benefit a lot having him with them.

Ciao Russ, until nextime maybe onboard the Symphony.

Ivi

His new work schedule with Crystal is two months on, two months off which he said will suit him much better.

Phil

I’m sure it will, and while we wish Russ all the best, we’ll definitely miss him on our next Quest sailing. He is head and shoulders the best CD we’ve every sailed with.

Rick and Cheryl

No, Russ is going to Symphony.

I looked last night but Russ,s name has not shown up at that point . But as if two weeks ago I knew a CD was leaving ..retiring, I do nit know Shane but the CD I met in Sernity is older than Russ.

Huge lost fir us..huge gain for them,

His new work schedule with Crystal is two months on, two months off which he said will suit him much better.

Thanks for posting this. Should stop any more negative speculation.

Much better arrangement for Russ than four months on with two months off.

I do nit think there was one negative comment. Sad tomsee him go but he is getting a better offer. Known for two weeks Crystal had a CD leaving. I would say this was in the works for months on both lines but each CD choose to keep it quiet. Much better offer and he gwtsctonwearva uniform daily.

Russ was astonishing on our recent cruise, his energy was boundless. He danced for hours at White Night. ea1df0016fc0fb08d1d24fd5637b08cc.jpg

We’ll miss him and hope his new job is a great success.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do nit think there was one negative comment.

Not about Russ, but about a possible reason for his leaving. See post 1:

"One has to wonder, with all of the changes happening at Azamara, including the entertainment department, if Russ took exception to the direction in which the line is heading."

In all fairness, if you look at the Azamara schedule, Ernest Marchain was not supposed to replace him until October. It's certainly possible that it just made sense for everyone to do this sooner.

You Azamara regulars came close to sniffing this one out six months ago on a thread about Ernest. You guys don't miss a thing. You thought something was up and you were right, even though nobody guessed that Ernest was being groomed to take over as CD of the Quest. It's doubtful that a talented veteran would come over to be a roamer or work as an assistant. It looks like a great career move for him and a nice way for the departing cruise director to ease into a much less demanding work schedule on another line.

In all fairness, if you look at the Azamara schedule, Ernest Marchain was not supposed to replace him until October. It's certainly possible that it just made sense for everyone to do this sooner.

You Azamara regulars came close to sniffing this one out six months ago on a thread about Ernest. You guys don't miss a thing. You thought something was up and you were right, even though nobody guessed that Ernest was being groomed to take over as CD of the Quest. It's doubtful that a talented veteran would come over to be a roamer or work as an assistant. It looks like a great career move for him and a nice way for the departing cruise director to ease into a much less demanding work schedule on another line.

In fact, Ernest "replaced" Russ this past April and May when Russ went on vacation for two months. Ernest was hired as assistant CD because Tony was moved to Pursuit as primary CD and someone had to spell Russ when he vacationed. Amanda Poulson was hired as assistant CD to spell Tony on Pursuit in the same way.

I'd be surprised if any of this was done anticipating Russ's departure.