Has Azamara Purchased the Pacific Princess?

Tondakea

There's a cruise critic post about Princess cancelling a Panama Canal cruise. Then speculation about future cruises cancelled on that vessel after a certain date.

One of the posts suggests Azamara purchased the vessel.

I'll link it after I get to a desktop or laptop ( smartphone has its limitations ).

In any event, one comment does not make it true . But keep an eye out for another " sister ship ".

Princess is still selling cabins on the World Cruise on Pacific Princess that runs from Jan. 20, 2020 to May 11, 2020. So my guess is it won't be going to Azamara before then – but that might be Princess' farewell to PP. That would be about the right timeframe for Azamara to have fully digested the addition of Pursuit and be ready to expand again. But of course both companies would want to keep this under raps until then.

Princess is still selling cabins on the World Cruise on Pacific Princess that runs from Jan. 20, 2020 to May 11, 2020. So my guess is it won't be going to Azamara before then – but that might be Princess' farewell to PP. That would be about the right timeframe for Azamara to have fully digested the addition of Pursuit and be ready to expand again. But of course both companies would want to keep this under raps until then.

I am not sure that Azamara will be ready for further expansion, they seem to have lots of unsold space on the existing 3 ships.

That may be down to the current price structure and dubious special offers.

This rumour keeps repeating and maybe there is something in it but I doubt it. In 2020 Pacific Princess will be 21years old so would RC want to spend $50m + to bring it up to Azamara standard?

On Pursuit’s Maiden the talk was of any further expansion being with new builds as there were far too many hidden problems with Adonia. By all accounts Adonia despite the problems was in much better condition than Pacific Princess is.

Personally wouldn’t be against another “R” ship but I think the costs of renovation would be against it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums