ms Noordam in Juneau September 21, 2017

Scrapnana

On her way south along the Pacific coast, eventually headed to Australia and New Zealand, Noordam will be at the CT dock for the last time this season. She is scheduled to be in port from 0800-1800 although she has been arriving about 2 1/2 hours early for her last few visits. She is the only ship in port.

After a gloriously sunny day on Wednesday, Thursday's forecast calls for cloudy weather but only a 10% chance of rain. High is predicted to be 57F/14C and the low 48F/9C. Sunrise is at 6:39 am and sunset at 7:01 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

I hope she is early, because then I will get to see her sail-in. I will see Noordam sailaway and no other ship blocking our view all day.

Princess has one last ship on Monday, Seabourn has one on Tues, Norwegian has one Tues and two Wed and all the rest are ours. Volendam twice - Fri this week and Sat next week; Signature Sisters on Monday and then the season is over with Volendam's last visit - Sep 30. We have to wait for Oct 18 for K'dam to show up from Europe in FLL.

17 full days without a dam sighting!:eek::eek::eek: How will we survive?;)

If she's not too early I'll try to be watching from Amtrak's Chicago Metropolitan Lounge. I was going to say you'll have to settle for my stills of Amsterdam, but most of that time I'll be at sea and unable to get pictures of the ship.

I'm hoping to find decent wifi in Astoria for the next Ft. Lauderdale sailing.

BTW, I should have basic wifi the rest of the way to Chicago.

Roy

Roy

17 full days without a dam sighting!:eek::eek::eek: How will we survive?;)

We do have Veendam in NYC on the 16th, not quite as good with port cam out - but harbor will give us something.

I wish San Diego cams were better, there will be a lot of DAM traffic heading through there. Whether Oostie and Westie doing their regular routes or all the ships heading for a canal transit.

Edited by Happily@Sea
Added SD bit.

We do have Veendam in NYC on the 16th, not quite as good with port cam out - but harbor will give us something.

I wish San Diego cams were better, there will be a lot of DAM traffic heading through there. Whether Oostie and Westie doing their regular routes or all the ships heading for a canal transit.

Given the right conditions the harbor cam has recently been able to do a great zoom, and with the recent changes it may well be even better. You won't see her backing out of the dock but may well pick her up soon afterwards. Perhaps the port cam may even be back in service by then.

Amtrak connect has an ETA of 9:41 (6:41 Alaska time) and it looks like the Noordam will be ahead of that. I'm about to shut down my laptop but may try to follow this thread on my IPAD.

Roy

She is rounding Douglas Island and heading into the Gastineau Channel. Should be early again. Still very dark in Juneau.

Well, it is still night in Juneau, so I hope it gets light before then.

OFF-topic: Denali has put the new female puppy - Matrix - in the pen next to the puppies and they went for a run together yesterday. Up until yesterday morning, they had Party [red & white female from last year's litter] next door.

Nearing Thane and sunrise is still over an hour away. We may not see much more than moving lights.:(

Sounds like PEV/FLL during most of the season for sail-ins. Except those are always close-ups when passing through the channel.

I'm also watching Port Amsterdam - Elegant Explorer should be leaving in about 20 minutes. It is daylight there at almost 4 pm. :D