Trekking the Globe with Bill & Mary Ann on the 2017 World Cruise - 126 Days

WCB

It is interesting that a letter from his office had so many typos such as two or three words running together without any spacing!

We all recognize "form letters". While it is appropriate that they respond' date=' it is disappointing the letter is almost patronizing.

Thank you Bill and Mary Ann for all your blogs, photos, and comments. The are truly appreciated.

Regards,

Puddles' splashes[/quote']

My thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have cruised enough with HAL to achieve 5-star status, took half of the GWV in 2014 and again in 2017 and have experienced the decline in the product that Bill and Mary Ann mentioned. I feel it is a waste of time to complain about it. We vote with our feet. Our next cruise will be on the Diamond Princess.

Thanks Bill and Mary Ann for letting me join you on your wanderful cruise. I had a Stroke and haven't been able to cruise for a while Your writings and blogs made me feel as if I was right there with you! I recovered quire well, and God willig I'll be able to cruise again real soon! I will need to take my walker, but I understand I will not be the only passener with a walker!:D

We have cruised enough with HAL to achieve 5-star status, took half of the GWV in 2014 and again in 2017 and have experienced the decline in the product that Bill and Mary Ann mentioned. I feel it is a waste of time to complain about it. We vote with our feet. Our next cruise will be on the Diamond Princess.

We have had some wonderful cruises on Princess too. The food was amazing, great entertainment and wonderful staff and accommodations. The beds and pillows were some of the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary Ann & Bill,

Once again thank you for all your efforts to put together your blog & review of the cruises you have taken over the last few years. Not only is it enjoyable on many levels it also presents a well balanced view of the HAL product. We had sailed HAL since the 1970's and are 4+ star sailors. Obviously since Carnival Corp took over HAL and many of the lines the "product" has changed considerably - some good & some not. We now have reached retirement age & look forward to World Cruises & some 60+ day voyages. We also decided we won't be on HAL again (or the other Carnival Corp "products"). We are quite happy in a midship balcony cabin and SilverSea & Viking Ocean Lines seem to fulfill our needs.

Not only has the HAL "product" become larger - more pasengers on larger ships with less staff per passenger and more cabins added which reduces public spaces & taking out aft pools in ships that travel to HOT climates along with reduction in food & drinks quality they have also cut back on maintainence. There is no reason the AMSTERDAM should sail - especially on a World Cruise - under the conditions you endured this year. This is the HAL flagship sailing on a WC?

We do not expect a FOUR SEASONS or RITZ CARLTON at sea experience at some of the Per Diem rates now offered - but we won't sail on ships that felt more like floating Holiday Inns w/ diner quality food.(the Veendam was last HAL cruise we ENDURED).

I'm glad you found your niche and I hope it continues to bring you joy...HAL attracts new customers and the CCL stock price rises and the cutbacks will continue...thankfully there are choices out there to enjoy the sea & travelling this world.

Rotterdam , I hope your shunning of Carnival products does not include Cunard. We have our first cruise booked with them in the near future . The newer cruise ships , especially RCCI , look more like floating amusement parks. They are appealing to families and the younger crowd. If you are not happy with one cruise line then walk . That is very good advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This reply is almost word for word that I received two years ago when I sent a complaint to HAL. I went on one more HAL cruise and finally gave up and went to Oceania and am very happy. I had over 500 days aboard HAL and it was very sad to see it go so far down hill.

• 4 months later...