Current Captains

lakemurraykid

We sailed with Capt Henk Draper on Noordam's inaugural voyage to Sydney. We loved his accent!

C aptain Draper is a fantastic Captain and gentleman......... We sailed with him at least t35 or so t imes and I look forward to and hope for more.

John:

There is a British Captain. He used to relieve Captaain Harris on the old RYNDAM and Captain Mercer when He was on the Veendam . He latter Succeeded Pieter Bos on the Volenddam. His first name is James and has a hyoebated last name?

He had been on Cunard before coming to HAL. Is he still with the line? I am just curious

John:

There is a British Captain. He used to relieve Captaain Harris on the old RYNDAM and Captain Mercer when He was on the Veendam . He latter Succeeded Pieter Bos on the Volenddam. His first name is James and has a hyoebated last name?

He had been on Cunard before coming to HAL. Is he still with the line? I am just curious

That would be Captain James Russell-Dunford, Father, known as "JRD". He retired in March 2016 and, unfortunately passed away thirteen months later in April 2017 due to illness :(

captainmg.jpg

John, does HAL have a female staff captain? Last I heard she was first officer but that’s been a while.

I eagerly await the day a female captains a blue-hulled ship.

Hi Spunk, HAL had a female staff captain by the name of Catherine Williams however, she became a pilot for the Port of London Authority. There is a very competent German female 1st officer so hopefully, she'll be next in line for staff captain

That would be Captain James Russell-Dunford, Father, known as "JRD". He retired in March 2016 and, unfortunately passed away thirteen months later in April 2017 due to illness :(

captainmg.jpg

The Lord Have Mercy on him. Sorry to learn that he has departed this world.

Captains John Scott and Eric Barhorst are scheduled, Father

John:

Eric Barhorst is currently the Captain on the Eurodam So I bet i get John Scott the last week in June and Eric on the first week in August. What became of the Old Captain who used to rotate with John Scott?

Fr. Himslf

John:

Eric Barhorst is currently the Captain on the Eurodam So I bet i get John Scott the last week in June and Eric on the first week in August. What became of the Old Captain who used to rotate with John Scott?

Fr. Himslf

That was Capt. Werner Timmers, Father. Looks like he is headed for Koningsdam

Is Captain Arjen Van der Loo still with HAL? If so, which ship?

Thanks, John, I did not see his name mentioned above.

Capt. Arjen van der Loo is still with HAL but not at sea at the moment. He is working out of Seattle as Director of the Safety,Environmental, Protection and Regulatory Department

Hi Spunk, HAL had a female staff captain by the name of Catherine Williams however, she became a pilot for the Port of London Authority. There is a very competent German female 1st officer so hopefully, she'll be next in line for staff captain

Thanks, sir! We’ve met the German 1st Officer and she is definitely captain-worthy imo. I hope it happens!

BTW can you see Cunard captains? We are doing a QM2 TA May 10 and was curious lol

Thanks, sir! We’ve met the German 1st Officer and she is definitely captain-worthy imo. I hope it happens!

BTW can you see Cunard captains? We are doing a QM2 TA May 10 and was curious lol

Sorry, absolutely no info on the Cunard Line captains but have a great time on the big Queen!

• 1 month later...

Copper10-8,

In June I'll be aboard the Koningsdam for the 1st time. Would you please help me identify who will be the following then?

Captain, CD, HM, BM, EC, SO

Thank you so much for all your effort and help!

Copper10-8,

In June I'll be aboard the Koningsdam for the 1st time. Would you please help me identify who will be the following then?

Copper 10-8 is currently doing his duty onboard the Amsterdam, and hopefully will be back before you leave in June to give you the inside scoop. He tends to not post while he is working.

Copper10-8,

I can't help with anything but the Captain: Captain Werner Timmers will be aboard 12 May 2018 - 19 August 2018.

Anyone know who the Captain will be on the Veendam May 12th? I checked on the site but it still says TBA starting April 11-May 26. My son is getting his bronze medallion on this cruise so I’d like to know which Captain will be presenting it to him. Thanks!

Anyone know who the Captain will be on the Veendam May 12th? I checked on the site but it still says TBA starting April 11-May 26. My son is getting his bronze medallion on this cruise so I’d like to know which Captain will be presenting it to him. Thanks!

Were you hoping for a Cpfainwiwth whom you have a previous acquaintance?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't help with anything but the Captain: Captain Werner Timmers will be aboard 12 May 2018 - 19 August 2018.

When in June HM changes on 10th from then on you have the best HM we have ever met - you will not be disappointed