Booking 3 cruises together

Broadway99354

I would like to book three cruises (June 1/12/24 of 2019) on the Koningsdam. My TA (confirmed by HAL) states that I can book 3 seperate cruises, cruise 1+2 as well as 3, or cruise 1 as well as 2+3. However, I cannot book all three under 1 number. Does anyone have any insight into this ?

I would like to book three cruises (June 1/12/24 of 2019) on the Koningsdam. My TA (confirmed by HAL) states that I can book 3 seperate cruises, cruise 1+2 as well as 3, or cruise 1 as well as 2+3. However, I cannot book all three under 1 number. Does anyone have any insight into this ?

HAL is offering "collectors" cruises for legs 1 & 2 or 2 & 3 but not for all three combined.

that is often the case. Collectors cruises (B2B cruises combined into one cruise) are usually IME offered with two cruises. Not often with more than 2 cruises. Since you have 3, it is not surprising that one must be done separately.

Nevertheless, they can all be linked so that HAL will know you are staying on. Since you have a choice of Collectors cruises - do the math. It may work out with some savings on one over the other. ;). That is the key benefit to Collectors cruises (combined cruises) is a small savings.

Why worry about it. If you have carnival shares, you will get twice the money as well. Makes no difference, you will have the same cabin,

Twice the goodies if you have any, all that will happen is that you get a new card on the second leg.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the same thing on K'dam about a year ago. The first two segments were considered B 2 B, with those two segments we had the Explore 4 pkg. attached, the third segment we had the gratuities paid.

Two different bookings with two different booking numbers.

There were not any problems, Segment 1 & 2 both started and ended in Amsterdam. #3 ended in Rome. This could be why you can't combine

Segment 1 & 2 both started and ended in Amsterdam. #3 ended in Rome. This could be why you can't combine

Whether or not the embarkation and disembarkation ports are the same, or different, has nothing to do with being deemed Collectors' Cruises.

One other potential consideration, check your Mariner Status. If you are near the point where you would move up a level (especially to 4-star or 5-star) that may be a consideration. A collectors is considered a single cruise and your status is only recalculated at the end of the cruise, not at the mid-collector turnaround day. If you are really close to the next level you would want to do the single cruise first and get the new benefits for the second leg, while if you would move up on the second leg then do the Collectors first and get the new benefits for that final leg.

Roy

Whether or not the embarkation and disembarkation ports are the same, or different, has nothing to do with being deemed Collectors' Cruises.

Ruth, we have a collectors cruise ( 2 cruises) then have two additional cruises which can not be combined. I guess that is actually 4 cruises B2B2B2B. The ship usually does not charge our account until the entire end of the trip and we have been able to pay for minutes and use them for our entire trip. I hope this will be true next January. We have different Promos: 38 days with tips and $25 beverage cards and then $200 obc on the last 13 days. What fasinates me is how each "deal" or "promotion" HAL sends or posts does not change the price. They charge more for perks and then take away perks and the price is less. Deals are not deals. I've done the math on three cruises now twice and there is no deal when they post offers.

We are happy to be going to AU/NZ again and try not to waste time reading their deals.

Ruth, we have a collectors cruise ( 2 cruises) then have two additional cruises which can not be combined. I guess that is actually 4 cruises B2B2B2B. The ship usually does not charge our account until the entire end of the trip and we have been able to pay for minutes and use them for our entire trip. I hope this will be true next January.

My last Collectors' Cruise was in combination of a cruise, two cruises as Collectors', and a cruise. My ship card had beginning to end on the one card; no need to get new ones at any time. My account carried over until the end. The Internet had an unlimited plan that was the same price for my four cruises as it was for any one of the cruises alone; I did think that was unfair to those doing only a 12 or 7-day cruise.

In the past I have always been able to choose between closing out my account or carrying it over. IIRC, I also have had that choice on every back to back cruise, even if it wasn't a Collectors' Cruise. Internet minutes have always carried over on my B2B cruises, too (although sometimes it has required the intervention of a staff member).

. . .They charge more for perks and then take away perks and the price is less. Deals are not deals. I've done the math on three cruises now twice and there is no deal when they post offers.

We are happy to be going to AU/NZ again and try not to waste time reading their deals.

We found out the same thing w/ Celebrity. Personally, we couldn't drink enough to make it worth our while. We kept asking Celebrity if we could have a rate w/o the Go Best, but they said "no."

On our two cruises w/ HAL, on Voyage of the Vikings, they let us go from one Star to two stars in Rotterdam, but there's not much different in perks.

On Voyage of the Vikings and our Collectors cruise San Francisco to Auckland, they only had shore excursions for the first part of the cruise. Voyage of the Vikings is too long ago, but on the South Pacific, Australia & New Zealand cruise, they gave us shore excursion tickets only through the Pacific Islands, then we had to wait until Sydney for the rest.

We also purchased a wine package on the first leg, and they let us use it throughout the whole cruise.

Just wondering, w/ the wine package, will they let us buy the package on the first leg, and finish it up on the second leg? We have a B2B: Pacific Coastal plus 7-Day Alaska coming up next month.

Also wondering if we need a wine package at all. What type of alcohol is available in the Neptune?

What about Muster Drill? Can I opt out of it on my second leg of the B2B in Vancouver?

We got to skip muster drill on our Collectors cruise in Hawaii. And we heard those that boarded in Vancouver got to skip Muster Drill in San Francisco and Honolulu.

But everyone had to do Muster Drill in Sydney. The CD said we had to do muster drill every 30 days. And since my cruise was 38 days, it meant we had to do another Muster Drill in Sydney.

Well. consider that if you are a CCL Stockholder, booking under different booking numbers will get you OBCs for each booking number. That might outweigh any Collectors cruise benefit.

Hank

What is a Collectors Cruise?

Basically a combination of cruises offered as one itinerary (usually a B2B or B2B2B), usually at a slightly cheaper price than if the cruises were booked separately. You have one booking number instead of 2 or more.